2009 state law updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA im still not going to put a plate on the front of my bird, of course usually when i get pulled over thats the last thing they ask about.lolol
Old 08-13-2009, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Maybe you and your friends somehow "qualified" for these seats? Or, maybe you all went to the same hospital which uses it as a "sales pitch"?
Nope. This is our 3rd different hospital. We aren't taking the seat because we have never needed it but they offer it to anyone who needs it. I don't think any of the people I know with kids have used the same hospital. 1 of them was born in another state and they got offered a child seat.

So far every hospital I know asks you if you have a child seat before they discharge you and give you one if you don't.

Originally Posted by ZexGX
SB589 is particularly lame. If I ever consider moving to Texas, dissuade me.
So you base the entire state on one house bill? That's rational. You won't be missed. Enjoy your smog laws, gun laws, and state bankruptcy.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Launching!

California = Land of Fruits & Nuts! Put that in ur bong and smoke it you bunny humping eco ***, hope you like ur Prius or your Smart Car!

I never heard of anyone getting a car seat from a hos, you have to HAVE 1 to leave but with my 2 kids nobody gave me one, nor did I ever ask or expect a freebie. And people wonder what the F is wrong with this country.

The stickers for the tint, whoever does the tinting has to put a little sticker behind the tint to show its legal already, sounds like someone is doubling it up or they are just jacking the fine up.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think my tint is like 30-35%

do i still need to get a sticker for my car?

fml
Old 08-13-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jip99z
California = Land of Fruits & Nuts! Put that in ur bong and smoke it you bunny humping eco ***, hope you like ur Prius or your Smart Car!

I never heard of anyone getting a car seat from a hos, you have to HAVE 1 to leave but with my 2 kids nobody gave me one, nor did I ever ask or expect a freebie. And people wonder what the F is wrong with this country.

The stickers for the tint, whoever does the tinting has to put a little sticker behind the tint to show its legal already, sounds like someone is doubling it up or they are just jacking the fine up.
You guys are a riot. CA bashing is hilarious, wrong forum to come to and bash Tx laws..lol.

FYI..LS1nterceptor is just delivering the msg, he didnt enstate these laws himself..give him some slack.

Thanks for sharing interceptor.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1nterceptor
So far every hospital I know asks you if you have a child seat before they discharge you and give you one if you don't.
I see. I probably just don't remember them asking. Maybe they are obligated by law to ask? I wonder is you said no and they gave you a seat, if it would be racked onto your bill later? Interesting.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I see. I probably just don't remember them asking. Maybe they are obligated by law to ask? I wonder is you said no and they gave you a seat, if it would be racked onto your bill later? Interesting.
It's possible they charge you, I don't know. If you ever tried to actually itemize a hospital bill I'm sure you'd go insane long before you got to the car seat. They might hide the bill in there somewhere. And they may be obligated to ask. That makes sense. Could you see the uproar if someone left in a car with a newborn, no car seat, and the child was killed in a wreck on the way home?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1nterceptor
It's possible they charge you, I don't know. If you ever tried to actually itemize a hospital bill I'm sure you'd go insane long before you got to the car seat. They might hide the bill in there somewhere. And they may be obligated to ask. That makes sense. Could you see the uproar if someone left in a car with a newborn, no car seat, and the child was killed in a wreck on the way home?
Yeah. The dumbass parents would probably sue the hospital.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Regarding SB 589 (tint sticker law): I am not a lawyer, nor am I good at deciphering lawyer-ese, but the way the bill reads to me suggests that the maximum $1000 fine is intended for whoever installs the tint. I see nothing regarding a fine for the vehicle operator.

Bill text: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs...l/SB00589F.htm