If you wanted to complain about a dealership, who would you call?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default If you wanted to complain about a dealership, who would you call?

Exactly like the title says. I already tried Chevy's customer service line (1-800-222-1020) but I got some guy in India that thinks that car salesman and their managers are honest (pretty much called me a liar). I want to talk to someone in the USA that knows what a credit rating is and how it can screw your life up for awhile. So, in short, anyone know a number I can call that #1-enables me to talk to someone in the USA and #2-someone that knows what the hell I am talking about when I speak.

TIA.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Teching In

hey what happened?

if it was a chevy dealership you should call this number
267-436-5123
Old 08-17-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

my god man....quit crying....a little girl down the road called me a jerk, im thinking about telling her mommy
Old 08-17-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ttranssam
my god man....quit crying....a little girl down the road called me a jerk, im thinking about telling her mommy
You dont know the situation so you should probably hush your mouth.

Originally Posted by 2fast2blegal
hey what happened?

267-436-5123
Thanks for the number. I was looking at buying a used 08 Silverado from the local dealership and instead of coming down on the price 2k to meet what I needed they suggested that I 'voluntarily repossess' my current vehicle so that I could buy theirs. My credit used to be **** (sub 500) about 5 years ago and now its above 700, needless to say I dont want to ruin my credit for 2k on a truck and I dont think they should be 'suggesting' that people ruin their credit so the dealership can pocket a few more $$$.

EDIT- You sure about that phone number? I google'd it and it comes up with some "Outsource a friendship to India" deal.....
Old 08-17-2009, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

That's an odd option they gave you. If your credit is 700+ as you say, it shouldn't have been an issue for them to work with you. At the least they could suggest putting the remainder of what you owe on the new car note. But from reading your story, it most likely will be a waste of time. What would you expect to get in return of the complaint and would it make you feel better? Just my .02, I'd just never go back and tell everyone the same. You know word of mouth is the best advertisement.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DSIM

EDIT- You sure about that phone number? I google'd it and it comes up with some "Outsource a friendship to India" deal.....
im sorry i had to do it, just call the number. its funny and will lighten up your day
Old 08-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Banned

I had a salesman tell me that the other day as well...lol
Old 08-17-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

Well my opinion is that they shouldnt be asking you to ruin your credit so they can make a few bucks. Its also my opinion that GM really shouldnt be allowing dealerships to operate like this, they already have enough of a bad reputation to overcome. If the guy I talked to today wouldnt have told me that he believed the dealership over me it would be over but something tells me that he has never dealt with a car salesman and how slimy some can be.

And I do plan on spreading the word on these dirtbags so if any of you know anyone around Greenville, Texas tell them to STAY AWAY from Britain Chevrolet.

im sorry i had to do it, just call the number. its funny and will lighten up your day
Ive got Budweiser to help lighten my day...

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
I had a salesman tell me that the other day as well...lol
How much did you need them to come down on the price? They also 'suggested' that I go ahead and buy the truck then attempt to sell the other vehicle. My only response was, "Dude, I am sitting here telling you that I dont want to pay more than I am paying on my current vehicle, not even $20 more... what makes you think that I want to take on ANOTHER $400/month without knowing when I would get rid of the other car?" Unreal the lengths they are willing to go these days.

Last edited by DSIM; 08-17-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

hey what happened?

267-436-5123
That was funny ****!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

hey what happened?

267-436-5123
but u can call me BFF....best friend for a very very long time ****** awesome
Old 08-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94fixerTA
That was funny ****!
Originally Posted by 99 DUKE'Z 28
but u can call me BFF....best friend for a very very long time ****** awesome
Hehe i had to do it
Old 08-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not call the news. don't most local stations have that old bitchy woman that goes around to places like that and warns people about them?
The tactics are starting to get worse and spread to other items too. I guess they don't expect to be around the next time you're ready to buy the "new" trucks replacement.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since it was about a used vehicle, I doubt GM is very interested in hearing what happened. How about calling the owner of the dealership?

Better yet, how about go in and meet the owner face-to-face?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bigbadblack93z
why not call the news. don't most local stations have that old bitchy woman that goes around to places like that and warns people about them? The tactics are starting to get worse and spread to other items too. I guess they don't expect to be around the next time you're ready to buy the "new" trucks replacement.
I thought about that but we dont have our own local news out here in Greenville.

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Since it was about a used vehicle, I doubt GM is very interested in hearing what happened. How about calling the owner of the dealership?

Better yet, how about go in and meet the owner face-to-face?
Im not so sure the owner cares. When the GM 'rep' called them the sales manager told him that the salesman didnt say that (when the salesman called me he specifically told me that he and the sales manager had come up with that option).... hence the liar part. Maybe I will try calling back today (GM customer service) and getting someone that knows/understands what I am talking about.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

So what are you trying to accomplish by calling GM, and bad mouthing them? If you don't like what they did, then go somewhere else. There are plenty of other ones that want your business and will treat you right. It sounds to me, you want something for free or a discount.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/filing.shtml
Old 08-18-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by built408
So what are you trying to accomplish by calling GM, and bad mouthing them? If you don't like what they did, then go somewhere else. There are plenty of other ones that want your business and will treat you right. It sounds to me, you want something for free or a discount.
I dont want something for free or a discount. Believe it or not I actually dont want someone else to get that 'option' offered to them. I dont view it as ok for a dealership to recommend that you ruin your credit so that they can sell you a truck. The economy is bad enough right now, we dont need more people that cant pump money back into it.

Originally Posted by mitchintx
http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/filing.shtml
Thanks. Have you ever filed a complaint with them?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

if its true what u are saying then that dealer wont be around for long.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Everyone get off his case. He never came across as trying to get a hand out but as someone who was smart and realized that what they were proposing to him was not a good deal. Being smart and seeing through the B.S. he also realized that they are probably offering this to others who don't know any better and would take their advice. He is being proactive rather than sitting around and blowing off the shady act. I commend him for his actions because he is not going to gain any thing from then but the gratitude of knowing he might of helped a ignorant person out.

To speak from experience i have a laborer that works for me that did this and i tried to tell him it was no different than a normal repossession. How did he get this idea? I am sure someone planted the bug in his mind and guess what it worked and he went through with it so he could have that new used car.

After all sh*t like this is the reason the economy is where it is at today. Bad business practices and GREED!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Better Business Bureau? Try filing a complaint with them.
Quit crying sir. If someone else falls for their crap, that's their own fault.
My advice? Go somewhere else, buy from somewhere else and just warn those you know about this current dealership.
Also, in a few years credit scores are going to mean zilch.