Rowboat Productions Presents: A Night in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVR4GET
I should be there depending on work, We can compare times I will run once on motor havent done it since I change the heads. 2 years ago I went 7.8 spinning really really bad with 2 shifts. Nitrous never did a deticated run and with 2 of my slowest shifts ever and with half the nitrous I did a 5.2. I bet your car goes 6.9 to 7.7.
I will not be at the sealy 60-130, but I will be borrowing a box to test soon.

HPT logs seem pretty accurate as well. I'll get some accurate logs soon.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:01 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by seafish
I'll run ya and your brother
Listen here Seafish!!!! 40-100mph and your not allowed to brake boost... But I can

How have you been? Hope you and the car are doing well!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Listen here Seafish!!!! 40-100mph and your not allowed to brake boost... But I can

How have you been? Hope you and the car are doing well!
car is doing great! ready to see if i can go fast like everyone else
Old 08-25-2009, 06:08 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Herbie got rolled by a vette!

Matts car is a TTTUUUUURRRRRDDDD!!!

Seriously get out of your nice new houses and swing by the shop. I see Chris E more than I see Chris P.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

car is doing great! ready to see if i can go fast like everyone else
ur too slow to post in this thread,you and ur bpu supra

jk

*runs away*
Old 08-25-2009, 06:26 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Herbie got rolled by a vette!

Matts car is a TTTUUUUURRRRRDDDD!!!

Seriously get out of your nice new houses and swing by the shop. I see Chris E more than I see Chris P.
If I can ever get the bosslady or bossman to let me off early I'd swing by. You all are already gone by the time I get to the Pearland area (5:30 or so). I'll try to swing by one evening if you all are going to be there till 6 or so.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
ur too slow to post in this thread,you and ur bpu supra

jk

*runs away*
i'm not baller like u, mr. 200 shot
Old 08-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

i'm not baller like u, mr. 200 shot
i got another kit we can throw on ur supra and it should help out the stock twins a bit
Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1x2
I will not be at the sealy 60-130, but I will be borrowing a box to test soon.

HPT logs seem pretty accurate as well. I'll get some accurate logs soon.
HPT logs are far from accurate get a gps box in there and you will find out. I can make a HPT log run a 60-130 in 2 secs due to wheel spin all I have to do is punch it in Fourth. It doesnt measure distance in feet along with a million other things, Also a 60-130 run's have to be verified to make sure it was not done on a slope of more than 2% or a miss reading.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 AM
8 Second Club

Another thing to think about HPT can only record at a certain amount of times per second, and it will never be as fully accurate as lets say a standalone. It works well for tuning, but it's not fast enough to base a 60-130 on. I've been told by major tuners that the datalog ability is only so good on a standard PCM.

Plus the verification Matt is talking about is something on 6speedonline they do. At this even Peter will be verifying the time to make sure there is no signal drop out, etc. If you are doing it on an open road it has to be measured for elevation decreases and increases. Lets say you go down a decline at 2% (the maximum they allow) you will be 4-5 tenths faster usually. Anything more than that and its basically cheating the system. The same goes with up hill, except you will be slower. Moral of the story, just do it at LSR or find a perfectly flat and safe road to do these on.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

I know you guys think you are educating me or something, but I think I've got this HPT thing down pretty decent I've probably got just a tiny bit more experience with it than you 2.

You guys wanting to wager on the >6.9 0-60 run? I might be able to borrow a vbox.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:31 AM
8 Second Club

I know you guys think you are educating me or something, but I think I've got this HPT thing down pretty decent I've probably got just a tiny bit more experience with it than you 2.

You guys wanting to wager on the >6.9 0-60 run? I might be able to borrow a vbox.
Yeah but you don't have the knowledge that the tuners that have told me that it can't record fast enough to be precise to record a 60-130, 1/4 mile, etc... Those would be Mike @ G-Force, Justin N @ Tuning Concepts, Tony @ EPL, and a few other major tuners. All of them are familiar with tuning on stock PCMs and all but Tony have experience with HPTuners (but Durametric for the Porsche and other software is the exact same). Regardless you still can't accurately get a 60-130 or anything from it, which is my point. Your tuning ability vs mine shouldn't even matter. I let pros tune my brothers and my car and that's why they run good. Though when it comes to hardware I can bet I know my way around the LS1 C5/F-body better than most of the users on this site. But who really wants to get in a pissing contest of who knows what better...

As far as the Vbox goes... If you lived in the Pearland/Friendswood area we could meet up and make a run or two, because I have one. I have a perfectly flat/safe road to do it on. All my runs have been on it. They have always came up with 0% decline which is going to not sway the numbers at all.

Last edited by Mr Powell; 08-26-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Alright to make along story short how did it go this past go'round? new video? BTW I'll try to make it next time.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Yeah but you don't have the knowledge that the tuners that have told me that it can't record fast enough to be precise to record a 60-130, 1/4 mile, etc... Those would be Mike @ G-Force, Justin N @ Tuning Concepts, Tony @ EPL, and a few other major tuners. All of them are familiar with tuning on stock PCMs and all but Tony have experience with HPTuners (but Durametric for the Porsche and other software is the exact same). Regardless you still can't accurately get a 60-130 or anything from it, which is my point. Your tuning ability vs mine shouldn't even matter. I let pros tune my brothers and my car and that's why they run good. Though when it comes to hardware I can bet I know my way around the LS1 C5/F-body better than most of the users on this site. But who really wants to get in a pissing contest of who knows what better...

As far as the Vbox goes... If you lived in the Pearland/Friendswood area we could meet up and make a run or two, because I have one. I have a perfectly flat/safe road to do it on. All my runs have been on it. They have always came up with 0% decline which is going to not sway the numbers at all.
I'm not disagreeing with any of that except that you get a pretty good idea of your time with HPT logs.

I'm game if you and your bro want to come to a meet with your box to see for yourself.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:38 PM
LS7 Member

It's hopeless Chris. Stop trying to help the guy out. All he wants are some inflated bunk numbers...

ohhh now I get it. Land from a roll and now 0-60 contests. :hsugh:
Old 08-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
It's hopeless Chris. Stop trying to help the guy out. All he wants are some inflated bunk numbers...

ohhh now I get it. Land from a roll and now 0-60 contests. :hsugh:
I just want inflated #'s, but I offered to meet him and put up money? Alrighty then.

Land from a roll was a joke BTW.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Evo Vs Vette? Also, if any one think it's a 402, I'm willing to bet $2K, plus gaskets and fluids or straight up $2500 to any one on here that it is in fact a stock headed, stock short block LS6 as said in this post several times. If any one is so sure it's some thing it's not, what do you have to loose?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:54 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Evo Vs Vette?
Right now it would be a waste of gas unless we ran from a dig and I shut it down at the end of 2nd gear. If I ever get off of the stocker it would be worth it lol.

LS1x2, you should go meet up with Powell and use his box if you can't make it to the 60-130 and want accurate numbers.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Right now it would be a waste of gas unless we ran from a dig and I shut it down at the end of 2nd gear. If I ever get off of the stocker it would be worth it lol.

LS1x2, you should go meet up with Powell and use his box if you can't make it to the 60-130 and want accurate numbers.
I'm game. Just ran into some pulley problems though. Might be a few days to a couple weeks.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

o snapz

Quick Reply: Rowboat Productions Presents: A Night in Montreal, Canada