Looking for "the best" tuner in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009 | 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Actually the best tuner in Texas would be Justin N. from Tuning Concepts. He will tune your LS1, but it'll cost you some coin.

I mean nobody on this forum has tuned a faster 6speed car than the one he has tuned and help setup.
I was actually looking at Tuning Concepts...but no one outside the import world seems to have any experience with them.

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
maybe he's thinking about good ole Chuck
Your uncle Chuck's at HPE's last name is Anders I believe. I think he's talking about a diff guy named Charlie Wheatley at Fastlane...I wasn't considering them, so I don't know how that got started...but either way.
Old 08-27-2009 | 10:04 PM
Launching!

LOL, I know who Wheatley is, he tuned my car. Man, as far as I can tell he did a pretty damn good job too. It runs better than it did when A-R-D tuned it anyway. As always, there's going to be people to say good things about tuners, and then there will be haters for every one of them. Someone asked me a while back who the best tuner in Houston was and I said "Whoever's standing in front of you" because they will all tell you that they're the best and they've fixed everybody else in Houston's fucked up ****, blah blah blah.

So far, my tune is fine. As long as it stays that way, I won't be changing a thing
Old 08-27-2009 | 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US2Y8c327YA

Granted it also holds the record as the fastest car in the world in the standing mile also. Again nothing anyone else can claim on this forum.
Damn that thing is bad... 0-240 in 25 seconds
Old 08-27-2009 | 11:06 PM
On The Tree

I've been treated well by GForce. I will be using them this fall for a A&A vortech kit, unless I have to move due to my job.
Old 08-28-2009 | 04:20 PM
Truck Sponsor

Saying things like this that is absolutly false to make yourself look good!!
Real professional,good job.
Funny you say that as I use the innovate LM1 and innovate LM2 widebands exclusively!!another wideband being the fast
I am not going bash anyone or say anything about another tuners work,I am not here to do that like some.
Have a good weekend guys

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Not trying to talk **** about anybody because there is no reason to, but, this weatly guy you all are talking about. He does street tuning with NO WIDEBAND, tell me how smart that is. He tunes by the feel from the seat of the pants.
Old 08-28-2009 | 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Now I'm curious to see why he would make that statement. Usually well reputed sponsors don't talk **** about others without a good reason.
Old 08-28-2009 | 10:34 PM
Teching In

Think with your dipstick jimmie!!!!!!!! Joe @ L.M.R is a bad **** with a labtop and a dyno for shure one of the "best tuners" in houston.
Old 08-30-2009 | 03:44 AM
Staging Lane

I just recently bought HPTuners and previously had Mike@GForce tune my car, I have been using alot of configurations with VCM Scanner coming up with different histograms of data that you would copy into a table on HPTuners, stuff like dialing in the MAF and setting the Base Running Airflow ect. I can vouch for Mike and say he took the time to go through all of the little things, he did not just get it to idle, add some timing, command WOT AFR tell me to have a nice day. I can't speak for other shops but Mike knows his ****, I mean this guy has been tuning LSX cars damn near everyday for years.
Old 08-30-2009 | 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by trance565
I just recently bought HPTuners and previously had Mike@GForce tune my car, I have been using alot of configurations with VCM Scanner coming up with different histograms of data that you would copy into a table on HPTuners, stuff like dialing in the MAF and setting the Base Running Airflow ect. I can vouch for Mike and say he took the time to go through all of the little things, he did not just get it to idle, add some timing, command WOT AFR tell me to have a nice day. I can't speak for other shops but Mike knows his ****, I mean this guy has been tuning LSX cars damn near everyday for years.
What does your PE table look like?
Old 08-30-2009 | 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Actually the best tuner in Texas would be Justin N. from Tuning Concepts. He will tune your LS1, but it'll cost you some coin.

I mean nobody on this forum has tuned a faster 6speed car than the one he has tuned and help setup.
He probably isn't a thief either.

Who the **** wants to support a thief?
Old 08-30-2009 | 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
He probably isn't a thief either.

Who the **** wants to support a thief?

Quick Reply: Looking for "the best" tuner in Texas