Running a half marathon benefitting Crohn's Disease Research!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running a half marathon benefitting Crohn's Disease Research!

Ok guys, after having the disease for two years, I'm starting to get active with the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America(www.ccfa.org). This season, I've decided to start training to run the Rock and Roll half marathon taking place in Las Vegas in December. Part of this means doing fundraising for the foundation, and I've setup a website for donations at http://www.active.com/donate/lv09sou.../vegas09NScira

All donations are tax deductible and go straight to the find a cure for Crohn's and Colitis. I am also setting up a charity dinner that will be held in the restaurant that I manage, The Spaghetti Warehouse, in downtown San Antonio.

The dinner will be held on October 10th, at 7:00pm. Tickets will be $35 for adults, and $10 for children 10 and under, and will include your 3 course meal, drink, and also a magic show to be performed by Doug Gorman, an extremely talented local magician. The dress will be semi casual and is a great opportunity to get out and take the wife(or girlfriend) and kids to benefit a great cause, and have a great time!

To get your seats, please go to my fundraising website, donate $35 per seat that you would like to reserve, and email me at ndscira@gmail.com, and I will put you down on our list. On the night of the event, all you need to do is sign in with our hostess and she will direct you to the private room for the dinner. Seats will fill up fast, so sign up now!

PM me if you would like more information!

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Scira; 09-23-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:09 PM

I kinda figured you should not have a problem. I just did not know but I hope things go well!!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Best of luck in the half man. I just ran the Rock and Roll Half Marathon of Virginia Beach over Labor Day weekend, chose Autism as my charity due to some friends and family members children. They are fun events to participate in. I'm doing the San Antonio one in Nov. and MAY do the Vegas one, not sure. Again, best of luck and do not give up.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good luck to you! I have Crohn's disease as well, and at times it is hard to deal with.
I sent you a small donation as well.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Good luck! I will send a donation as well. My wife has had Crohn's for almost two years. She was in the hospital this week for it. I would love to commit to the Fundraiser in SA but not sure what my finances will be between now and then. I wish you all the luck!! Thank you for your effort to help find a cure for this painful disease.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I appreciate it guys! I've been training pretty hard over the last couple of weeks. It's tough to balance it with dealing with the disease at the same time. But that's what this is all about, to raise awareness and money for Crohn's and Colitis research so those of us who do suffer can maybe have it better someday! Thanks for the kind words and donations are greatly appreciated.

Note - I'm still doing the dinner at the Spaghetti Warehouse in San Antonio, but I've lowered ticket prices to $35. Seats are starting to fill up and are limited so if you would like to reserve a table any amount of people, let me know and I can get you signed up!

Thanks again guys
Old 09-21-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scira
I appreciate it guys! I've been training pretty hard over the last couple of weeks. It's tough to balance it with dealing with the disease at the same time. But that's what this is all about, to raise awareness and money for Crohn's and Colitis research so those of us who do suffer can maybe have it better someday! Thanks for the kind words and donations are greatly appreciated.

Note - I'm still doing the dinner at the Spaghetti Warehouse in San Antonio, but I've lowered ticket prices to $35. Seats are starting to fill up and are limited so if you would like to reserve a table any amount of people, let me know and I can get you signed up!

Thanks again guys
What's the date?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wickedrx7
What's the date?
The date will be October 10th, at 7:00pm. I added date/time, as well as how to sign up at the top.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Launching!

wow major props to you nick for doing this.. we will be intouch about all this soon and i still havnt forgot about heading out there to put some fine touches on the car.

many of you may or may not know nick. ive had the pleasure of meeting him and bs'n around about stuff with him we both have shared our past health issues because for our age we both have been through alot.. it takes alot for someone to go through stuff that you have man and now your doing this wow just blows me away. because some wouldnt even want to go one with life like you have and still do day to day activites like you continue to do.. From anything by taking out the trash to going to work or even turning a wrench on a car.. like i said once before congrats on everything and it makes me happy knowing what you are doing to help others despite your health..

God bless brotha
Carl Spence
Old 09-21-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ATEURZO6
wow major props to you nick for doing this.. we will be intouch about all this soon and i still havnt forgot about heading out there to put some fine touches on the car.

many of you may or may not know nick. ive had the pleasure of meeting him and bs'n around about stuff with him we both have shared our past health issues because for our age we both have been through alot.. it takes alot for someone to go through stuff that you have man and now your doing this wow just blows me away. because some wouldnt even want to go one with life like you have and still do day to day activites like you continue to do.. From anything by taking out the trash to going to work or even turning a wrench on a car.. like i said once before congrats on everything and it makes me happy knowing what you are doing to help others despite your health..

God bless brotha
Carl Spence
I appreciate the kind words Carl, just let me know when you're out this way and we can give the new tranny a proper break in

It has been tough and there has been many times I haven't wanted to run, but I know that every mile is another closer to finding a cure, or at least better lifestyles for people in our position. That's why donations are such an important and focal part of this. If you know anyone that would like to donate, or is just looking for a tax write-off, please give them the link to my site. I can't express enough thanks and gratitude to those donating and motivating me to keep going.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TTT for 5 miles in the cold and rain San Antonio is living this week

Anyone in the area want to go to the charity dinner on October on the 10th? It's going to be a great show and fun times!

PM if you have any questions!