Anybody ever heard of Cars & Coffee?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The guys who think they have something to prove are always the worst, and I haven't encountered many at the C&C events yet.

The Ferrari/Lambo guys usually have nothing to prove. They have what they have and are happy with it.

It's the people who show up (and you can sometimes hear the comments when you walk around at shows) and say crap like "I bet he doesn't even know how to change his own oil" and "I could have one of these, but then I could also be gay too" and other jealous, rude comments like that that ruin things. These are usually the people in the less expensive cars, and I've seen a few, and they are almost always in their 20s. I'm in my 20s... and I don't say things like that...

Then there's the people in fairly expensive cars most people can't afford (but nothing compared to a Ferrari or Lamborghini) who come there to be showy and flashy and rude. They are arrogant and brag, brag, brag, and then diss the cheaper cars there. They one up you: if you have a Camaro, they have a Corvette at home. If you have a Corvette, they have a Porsche at home. If you have a Porsche, they have a McLaren F1 GTR 1 of 2 blah blah blah at home. Whatever it takes to brag. There aren't many of these guys at C&C that I notice, which is a really great thing.

Bring what you have, respect what others bring, and don't be rude. Last thing we want is people thinking f-body owners are jackasses like a lot of us think about BMW and Audi owners.

I really like the event. It's my favorite of everything else that goes on in Dallas. Lots of great cars, lots of respectful people, and very very few of the people who make going to large car events lame.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say there are 2 kinds of people that own exotics.

There are the rich guys showing off what they can afford. These are the stuck up ones. Ignore them.

Then there are the car guys that can afford that type of car. You can talk to those guys and they are cool. Just don't walk up and say "Dude, I bet that's fast!". lol. I approach these guys with a specific question or to point out something unique or cool about their car. The true enthusiast will then talk to you all day.

While there are a lot of exotics at this GTG, there are other cars too. I attend this meet with my lowly Camaro and don't feel out of place. This is definitely the place to go to if you want to see some high-end cars in a relaxed atmosphere.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

Very true, it's annoying to see people rag on other peoples cars just because of a certain stereotype or just plain jealousy. I'm part of another forum in there area for exotic cars and they are always really cool guys and the runs are always fun (food is expensive but thats to be expected) hell the guy that had the lambo at the past one was cool as hell... funny little dude
Old 09-25-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

The rudest person I've met at any of these shows owned a Mini Cooper.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Launching!

Not to be a dick, but a lot of those guys that own cars over $100k DON'T know how to change their own oil lol. Granted, I'd have trouble changing oil on a lambo, I'd still be able to figure it out. lol.

You're right tho Brangeta. It's usually the young guys that don't have money to buy exotics that talk ****. Not always tho. Cause sometimes the guy at a meet with the most badass camaro/corvette is the biggest dick, and compared to this C&C meet, he ain't ****. lol.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Joe, it is tomorrow morning.. 8am to noon. Search the thread I posted some pics. The last one was great.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

The show was insaneeeeeee. There had to be at least 500 cars this time.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Teching In

I was trying to have my 02 back together to come out ther but didnt make it. I cant wait till the next one.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

It was fun. As soon as I was able to find a decent parking spot got out of the car there were was a stream of real car guys asking questions about my cam and setup.

There are some really nice LSX cars.. I saw a supercharged c5 z06, supercharged white c6 w/ spray, built lingenfelters, and some really clean new SS Camaros.

I encountered a lot of nice folks.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anybody get any pics?
Old 09-27-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Brangeta
The Ferrari and Lamborghini guys are a lot friendlier than most of the f-body people I meet actually...
^^This

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
Not to be a dick, but a lot of those guys that own cars over $100k DON'T know how to change their own oil lol. Granted, I'd have trouble changing oil on a lambo, I'd still be able to figure it out. lol.

You're right tho Brangeta. It's usually the young guys that don't have money to buy exotics that talk ****. Not always tho. Cause sometimes the guy at a meet with the most badass camaro/corvette is the biggest dick, and compared to this C&C meet, he ain't ****. lol.
Why bother doing it when you can afford to easily pay someone else to do it? Not to mention your not really saving any money in the end of it... esp. with a 100k+ car i think a 150$ oil change wont break that bank.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by InsomZ
It was fun. As soon as I was able to find a decent parking spot got out of the car there were was a stream of real car guys asking questions about my cam and setup.

There are some really nice LSX cars.. I saw a supercharged c5 z06, supercharged white c6 w/ spray, built lingenfelters, and some really clean new SS Camaros.

I encountered a lot of nice folks.
PLEASE tell me you got some pics of this months meet
Old 09-27-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry had my son with me. Hard to watch him and take good shots of the cars.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
^^This

Why bother doing it when you can afford to easily pay someone else to do it? Not to mention your not really saving any money in the end of it... esp. with a 100k+ car i think a 150$ oil change wont break that bank.
You're right I suppose. But along with that, people bitch about labor rates. The way a shop figures a labor rate is how much does the average person owning this car make, and how much do they value their time. Essentially, when someone has a shop do their work, they're buying their own time. Some people can do it, other's can't.

It just upsets me sometimes seeing people with very nice cars who don't give a **** about them, when there's millions of people who would do every little thing to a car like that, but can't afford it. I've seen people come in with $100k Mercedes and they don't give a **** about the car and don't even come in for an oil change in over 30k+ miles.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Someone post up some pics of this months show.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/a...ffee%20Dallas/
Old 09-28-2009, 02:19 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
You're right I suppose. But along with that, people bitch about labor rates. The way a shop figures a labor rate is how much does the average person owning this car make, and how much do they value their time. Essentially, when someone has a shop do their work, they're buying their own time. Some people can do it, other's can't.

It just upsets me sometimes seeing people with very nice cars who don't give a **** about them, when there's millions of people who would do every little thing to a car like that, but can't afford it. I've seen people come in with $100k Mercedes and they don't give a **** about the car and don't even come in for an oil change in over 30k+ miles.
Yeah, in most cases they are lease cars and people don't give a ****, plus its under warranty, why should they care? drive it into the ground and get another every year or two. You should see some of the bmws I see
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was there at the meet. Had a good time!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was in Kumar's Ford GT because he was too hung over to go out to the show. LOL

And stomping this Ferrari F430 on the way back home was pretty ******* awesome.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Here are my pictures...i missed out on getting pictures of a bunch of cars i wanted to get, but oh well, maybe the will be back next time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kwiker/...7622337003183/