Car finacing questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
This is true, I never said that it would affect your actual score. What I said was that it brings up red flags when applying for credit.

However, applying for credit a lot in a small amount of time WILL lower your score. Two banks have told me this, and I've confirmed it online. It lowers it by about 5 points I believe. It depends on your actual score too, and how many times you've applied for credit.
i wasnt try to make a stab at you sorry if it seemed that way. in applying for credit do you mean to actually get a loan? b/c if you just apply but dont recieve this will not help your credit score at all b/c it does not prove you are financially responsible. the whole score system is based on a few things such as short, mid and long term commitment/responsibility and how much credit you have from your personal credit limit. if you dont not actually have a loan, credit card or something along those lines and actually use it then the credit bureaus have nothing to go off to give a accurate credit score. you could be the most responsible person on earth and have no credit b/c you never got a load or what have you.

again this is not a stab at anyone im just putting some info out for this dude to go off of from a person who has been there and done that. i have a 726 score and im 24yrs old its because i did as much research as possible and figured it out.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Firechicken1995
i have a 726 score and im 24yrs old its because i did as much research as possible and figured it out.
Awesome! But checking your score multiple times WILL hurt your score, trust me, Ive been thru just about all the **** you can imagine with bad credit thanks to our business going south. Also if you have someone run your credit and deny you a loan, it will hurt ur score. If the inquiries are spread out, say not more than 5 or 6 in a years time you are ok, but more than that you run the risk of bringing it down. Just what 've been through, I know there are more out there like me, but just becareful, once you kill ur score, it takes a long *** time to fix it!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my 7,500 loan over 3 years was 233$ a month. i was you, i woudl just make a 3 yr loan and have her cosign. done ez
Old 09-25-2009, 03:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was 18 my dad cosigned on my old ss, financed 8500 for 3 years at 300 a mo. Now Im 20 and financed 4k for 1 yr at 350 a mo for the car in my sig without a cosigner