car title

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009 | 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default car title

Well it goes like this. I contacted this guy with a craigslist add on a mustang gt that he's selling if he would like to trade for my intrepid. So we went on with the details blah, blah, blah. Well he is telling me that the title is still under his sisters name and signed over to him but not yet transfered to his name yet. Now my question is would I be able to transfer the title to my name if he just signs it over again to me. Should I get some kind of bill of sale signed by him too? I've never done the owner to owner thing so I need some advice from you guys? Thanks for any help give.
Old 10-03-2009 | 11:35 PM
TECH Resident
15 Year Member

If it's his sisters, You should ask her to get another title for 15 bucks. Then just sign your name and have her sign it. It's alot easier this way. If she wont do it then you will have to get a bonded title and that sucks *** Alot more paper work and more money too. good luck.
Old 10-04-2009 | 09:20 AM
On The Tree

take the sister with ya'll to the courthouse when you go to transfer and there is a form that states it was signed over to him by mistake and now needs to be changed to you. Everthing can be corrected at the courthouse at the time of transfer.
Old 10-04-2009 | 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the input guys. Another member pm'ed me on where to go and they wouldn't give me much trouble, but the guy said he was getting the title under his name this week and he would have like to deal this weekend because he was moving to another town by monday and that he would send me the title by mail whenever he got it. So because of this issue I decided not to do it. Thanks again.