UT/ou

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tyler, make no mistake, the defense is playing lights out right now. I've already seen some writers say OU would have won the game if Sam Bradford had played, but the way UT's defense played yesterday, I'd put them up against anyone...even St. Tebow.

Why is it when Florida wins a close game, they call it a "gutty performance", but when UT wins a close game, they call it "sloppy"? I'm not saying UT played a great game. They didn't. But the bias toward the SEC is getting out of hand.

Oh well. UT is in control of their own destiny. They win, they're in.

-Mike
Old 10-18-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Tyler, make no mistake, the defense is playing lights out right now. I've already seen some writers say OU would have won the game if Sam Bradford had played, but the way UT's defense played yesterday, I'd put them up against anyone...even St. Tebow.

Why is it when Florida wins a close game, they call it a "gutty performance", but when UT wins a close game, they call it "sloppy"? I'm not saying UT played a great game. They didn't. But the bias toward the SEC is getting out of hand.

Oh well. UT is in control of their own destiny. They win, they're in.

-Mike

I feel the same way.

UT, I feel, will always have the monkey on their back
Old 10-18-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

It was not a good weekend for top ranked teams, they all struggled with their opponents and two just got beat out..
Old 10-19-2009, 12:37 AM
LS7 Member

I had a blast once again this year even though the game was ugly. The atmosphere around, and in the stadium, is the essence of what makes college football so great. This was the first year I went without having a ticket and was unable to get in the stadium until the half. I got in for free though so it was all good .

As mentioned, both teams played exceptional defense throughout the game. We had trouble covering their backs at the beginning of the game, but that was less of a problem after the half. It was hard to tell how good the OU secondary was watching on tv, but in person they seemed to be EVERYWHERE.

Colt wasn't super sharp, but he really had few openings to throw the ball and was being pressured the entire game. Greg Davis was sucking my will to live / trying his best to stall our offense with his predictable dinky short route and screen pass garbage. OU was all over it. I knew it was going to be a rough game when on 3rd and 1 in the 1st quarter we ran some short slants and Colt tried to thread one to Shipley. With Cody or Colt on a dive we pick that up 90% of the time. The Longhorn fans boo'd on several of our 3rd and long screens / garbage.

I look forward to the day when Greg is no longer calling the shots and we can run a legitimate offense. We can only hope he doesn't ruin Gilbert...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:53 AM
Staging Lane

I agree with the tebow bullshit. That guy is so weak. I don't get any of the hype for him. I would take McCoy or even Jerrod Johnson (maybe not lol) for my team. No matter what happens championship game this year, Tebow won't be **** in the nfl. one "jump pass" against the ravens, and Ray Lewis will have an early christmas! Lets hope Texas brings it home this year, and not bama or Florida!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

I was sad my team lost, but glad it was a good solid defensive game.

I just hope that if UT makes it to the big dance, and it's against FL, you beat the crap out of Tebow. I"m so sick of him!

Congrats though UT on a good game.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Little late on finding this thread and that video link above looks retarded . . .

Congratulations UT fans. I see some usual names here and some new ones. The game sucked on just about every possible level for both teams except for UTs run defense.

Good luck this season.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like your guys boy Colt had a good game!

Two of those first 11 went for touchdowns, and McCoy — who said he battled illness and a bruised thumb — finished the night 26-of-31 for 269 yards and three TDs in three quarters.

VN!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Duffster
Looks like your guys boy Colt had a good game!

Two of those first 11 went for touchdowns, and McCoy — who said he battled illness and a bruised thumb — finished the night 26-of-31 for 269 yards and three TDs in three quarters.

VN!
He's finally starting to play with some confidence. It actually looked like we were playing with some emotion for a change out there.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

came out with a bang last night.... about time
Old 10-25-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Let's hope we get off to the same quick start next week. Ok State is going to be tough.

-Mike
Old 10-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Let's hope we get off to the same quick start next week. Ok State is going to be tough.
Yes they will be.