forza 3

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Postman
a few buddies and I got a Z06 with the small twin turbo setup, cams and suspension to go a 10.59 @ 144ish...think the car makes like 700ish or something like that.

there is def a fine line between bogging and blowing the tires out.

they also have a datsun that runs 9.00's

i can't get the RWD cars to my liking, i guess i have a funny way of launching but it works for me. someone told me to learn how to use the clutch option and it'll shave 2-3 tenths off my time.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My first attempt at a custom design...

Old 11-04-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

spongebob ftw, I have no idea how to use the clutch every time i try it just revs up to the limiter every time maybe a flywheel and a better trans and clutch would help this? pretty sure the flywheel just reduces weight, i'll find out tonight anyways.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whatsa347
spongebob ftw, I have no idea how to use the clutch every time i try it just revs up to the limiter every time maybe a flywheel and a better trans and clutch would help this? pretty sure the flywheel just reduces weight, i'll find out tonight anyways.
ur probably in neutral...have to hit a button to go to 1st... but I dunno I always use auto.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whatsa347
I have no idea how to use the clutch every time i try it just revs up to the limiter every time
The clutch works like you would expect it to in real life. The only difference is you don't have to use the clutch to start out in 1st gear. Once you're going and want to shift into 2nd, you let off the gas, press in the clutch, shift to 2nd, release clutch and get back on the accelerator. I suppose you could keep the accelerator floored during shifts.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Morbid
The clutch works like you would expect it to in real life. The only difference is you don't have to use the clutch to start out in 1st gear. Once you're going and want to shift into 2nd, you let off the gas, press in the clutch, shift to 2nd, release clutch and get back on the accelerator. I suppose you could keep the accelerator floored during shifts.
Using the clutch without letting off the gas damages the trans. I believe once you get to 40% transmission damage, your transmission is no longer functional. I guess if you are only doing this in the drag racing portion of the game, you shouldn't have any issues, because the transmission should be able to last the few shifts you need to get down the 1/4.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Man is it bad that im prob about to go by a xbox 360 and this game. Im a PS3 fan, but hell forza 3 is ******* sweet!!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Using the clutch without letting off the gas damages the trans.
I don't know, I just tried it and seen no damage happening to anything with no-lift shifts. Not saying you're wrong, guess it just takes a while for the damage to set in as it's not readily apparent.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Morbid
I don't know, I just tried it and seen no damage happening to anything with no-lift shifts. Not saying you're wrong, guess it just takes a while for the damage to set in as it's not readily apparent.
Maybe I am wrong. I don't use the clutch because I don't see the point. This is going what I have read at a couple of different places.

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
Man is it bad that im prob about to go by a xbox 360 and this game. Im a PS3 fan, but hell forza 3 is ******* sweet!!

I bought a 360 only for Forza 2... Plenty of people have done what you are contemplating doing.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe I am wrong. I don't use the clutch because I don't see the point. This is going what I have read at a couple of different places.

I bought a 360 only for Forza 2... Plenty of people have done what you are contemplating doing.
forza 2 & 3 along with test drive unlimited are the only reasons i would buy a 360. otherwise theres really no other reason to have one.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, I don't use the clutch either except in drag racing (the handful of times I've tried the 'drag racing'.) I just use the manual without clutch for regular circuit racing. I know you'll damage your transmission if you try shifting without the clutch but from what I've seen, if you still use the clutch but do a no-lift shift then there's no damage.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Launching!

My maxed out veyron is doing 20.5 in the mile run .

Got about 1,100,000 credits.. want to buy a Saleen S7, havent made up my mind.

Level 36 I believe
Old 11-04-2009, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

m level 15
my trans am has 976 i think horses all maxed out hwo in the hell can i get it to hook have tried all kind of things and havent found anything
Old 11-05-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i personally believe that the drag racing is freaking stupid. THey should have spent a bit more time figuring out how to make a normal freakign car be able to drive down the lane.
My TA has 700+hp, with 305s in the back, and like 15psi... and it did low 14s. thats stupid and not realistic at all. oh and i have a question, the only drag race place i found, there is no tree or ne thing, it just drops you in and you have no time to prepare. is there an actualy strip with a tree or ne thing?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:00 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02ws666
i personally believe that the drag racing is freaking stupid. THey should have spent a bit more time figuring out how to make a normal freakign car be able to drive down the lane.
My TA has 700+hp, with 305s in the back, and like 15psi... and it did low 14s. thats stupid and not realistic at all. oh and i have a question, the only drag race place i found, there is no tree or ne thing, it just drops you in and you have no time to prepare. is there an actualy strip with a tree or ne thing?
disappointing... the only reason i want F3 is for the drag racing.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:03 PM
LS7 Member

That sounds like a "you" problem man. Let out or short shift when it spins maybe? I don't understand why you guys are having so much trouble with the drag racing...

You can 1/4 and 1/2 mile race up to 6 people at once at the benchmark drag strip. Sedona also has a 1/4, 1/2, and Mile strip, but you can't line up more than two people next to each other.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
That sounds like a "you" problem man. Let out or short shift when it spins maybe? I don't understand why you guys are having so much trouble with the drag racing...
well the reason i think its stupid, is you take a fbody with an ls1, give it basic bolt ons, to make it like ~350whp. take it to the track with Street tires, on an auto or hell even a stalled auto. and it will run low 13s high 12s ez. thats what makes me angry. i could reline dump my car on the street and run a better time then this forza game lol
Old 11-06-2009, 07:25 AM
11 Second Club

I just bought the game and it's really sweet! I dig it! screen name on here is my name on there too if you want to ever race. I'm not the greatest, so if you wann beat up on me cool, or if you suck too then even better, lol
Old 11-06-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Holy crap, I just built an AWD SRT8 Challenger, this thing is freakin awesome. 540 Hemi with a Turbo plus AWD, this is the car I'd love to build
Old 11-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Teching In

well the reason i think its stupid, is you take a fbody with an ls1, give it basic bolt ons, to make it like ~350whp. take it to the track with Street tires, on an auto or hell even a stalled auto. and it will run low 13s high 12s ez. thats what makes me angry. i could reline dump my car on the street and run a better time then this forza game lol

it takes time and tunning to get the rwd cars down the track. there is a fine line of spinning and bogging, besides when was the last time you saw a 700hp+ f-body launch out the hole on 17" drag radials under full throttle? and if you want to drag race without being "dropped in" you have to go to free play and do hot lap, there you will be given a chance to launch your car correctly.

Quick Reply: forza 3