New video's of my Turbo SS!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell yeah thanks bro. Now when I get the valves replaced in my head we can race.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

any idea what it might run with the 370?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by boostnificent
any idea what it might run with the 370?
Should make about 100rwhp more than the current 6.0, it will just hold it better and I can be a little less conservative on the tune. Turbo I was told will support 850fwhp. I thought about selling this turbo kit and building a twin setup.

I am not giving up until I run a 9.9x pass, hopefully I can do it with the current 6 speed. I figure it will take 700rwhp to make that happen. Plan on reducing quite a bit of weight, maybe get down to the 3100lb range.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Hell yeah thanks bro. Now when I get the valves replaced in my head we can race.
Thanks Dan. Damn dude, sorry to hear about the heads. What caused the valve damage?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:01 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by Vcious04
Thanks Dan. Damn dude, sorry to hear about the heads. What caused the valve damage?
I don't really know... They look fine when looking at them but a couple of them just aren't seating right and are leaking buy. They might be slightly bent. IDK Chain Tensioner messed up and the cams jumped timing by 1 tooth so I pretty sure that caused the damage.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't really know... They look fine when looking at them but a couple of them just aren't seating right and are leaking buy. They might be slightly bent. IDK Chain Tensioner messed up and the cams jumped timing by 1 tooth so I pretty sure that caused the damage.
Are the pistons flat top? I figure you are running a dish piston, and wouldn't think the valve would contact the head even being off a few teeth. I dunno... Hope you get it figured out man.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:13 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Are the pistons flat top? I figure you are running a dish piston, and wouldn't think the valve would contact the head even being off a few teeth. I dunno... Hope you get it figured out man.
They are dish pistons. That is the thing I can see where the intake valves hit the pistons and made a little mark on them but the exhaust didn't and those are the ones that are leaking. So I don't really know what is causing them to leak because they don't look bent at all.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

They are dish pistons. That is the thing I can see where the intake valves hit the pistons and made a little mark on them but the exhaust didn't and those are the ones that are leaking. So I don't really know what is causing them to leak because they don't look bent at all.
Man, thats weird. Leakdown test verified the exhaust valves not seating?

How many exhaust valves are not sealed properly?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:58 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Yes the leak down test verified it because all the leaking down was blowing out the exhaust header. lol From what I can tell on #7 cylinder only 1 valve is bad. I can see a little light when you shine a flash light thru the exhaust port. I don't know about #8, but it is also blowing out the header too, just not as much. So probably only one is not seating propperly on that cylinder. GHP is taking the head to their machine shop today so they can check everything out. I might have it back by this weekend but IDK... I'm tired of even racing the car so I pulled the cage out last night and sold it. I'll make some trips down the 1/8th and maybe a few 1/4 mile passes before they kick me off again. lol I just want to drive the car and be able to lean the seat back. That cage was a pain in the ***.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I thought I heard a 747 take off by my house the other day. Turns out it was you out there ****** around on the service road by my house. Your brave doin that on I35 there too many State Troopers and cops runnin around collectin revenue for me.

When are you gonna come pick me up in this thing man?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADMOON
I thought I heard a 747 take off by my house the other day. Turns out it was you out there ****** around on the service road by my house. Your brave doin that on I35 there too many State Troopers and cops runnin around collectin revenue for me.

When are you gonna come pick me up in this thing man?
This was taped in Mexico... ?? Lol, don't know what your talking about ??

Give me a shout, and next time I am around burleson, I'll look you up.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes the leak down test verified it because all the leaking down was blowing out the exhaust header. lol From what I can tell on #7 cylinder only 1 valve is bad. I can see a little light when you shine a flash light thru the exhaust port. I don't know about #8, but it is also blowing out the header too, just not as much. So probably only one is not seating propperly on that cylinder. GHP is taking the head to their machine shop today so they can check everything out. I might have it back by this weekend but IDK... I'm tired of even racing the car so I pulled the cage out last night and sold it. I'll make some trips down the 1/8th and maybe a few 1/4 mile passes before they kick me off again. lol I just want to drive the car and be able to lean the seat back. That cage was a pain in the ***.
That ain't no joke man. I enjoy driving my stuff on the street and play around more than taking it to the track. Thats the reason you will never see a cage in my car.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That ain't no joke man. I enjoy driving my stuff on the street and play around more than taking it to the track. Thats the reason you will never see a cage in my car.
Good luck making that 9.9 pass ANYWHERE without a cage.
1/8 mile is one thing, but NHRA sanctioned tracks are a completely different ballgame bro!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:53 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by Black2001z06
1/8 mile is one thing, but NHRA sanctioned tracks are a completely different ballgame bro!
Wasn't that 2010 Camaro running 10.2's with out a cage at Crandle? I took my cage out last night. If I put another one in it will be a weld in custom cage. I got really tired of driving my car with that cage in it. It sucks. I'm sure I'll be fine running at dale and crandle every now and then.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great car! It sounds like the turbo spools instantly! Turbos ftw!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wasn't that 2010 Camaro running 10.2's with out a cage at Crandle? I took my cage out last night. If I put another one in it will be a weld in custom cage. I got really tired of driving my car with that cage in it. It sucks. I'm sure I'll be fine running at dale and crandle every now and then.
I believe so. Ennis lost my respect years ago everytime I would waste my time driving up there on a nice friday evening to find out they were closed for some bs reason.

Anyways, yes Crandall is the new hype.

I just hate to tear up the floors to install a cage, hassle's of crawling around it, etc etc.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will probably eat my words eventually.

Do you have a chromoly cage or mild steel?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will probably eat my words eventually.

Do you have a chromoly cage or mild steel?
Yup, it is more so for safety precautions though.
You have a newborn and a family that you obviously love(think about that/them).
You also know how to weld, so just get you a Wolfe 10 Point Moly cage already jig notched, throw some swing outs on it, and you will be good to go!

My car - Moly Wolfe 10 point
Old 11-03-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup, it is more so for safety precautions though.
You have a newborn and a family that you obviously love(think about that/them).
You also know how to weld, so just get you a Wolfe 10 Point Moly cage already jig notched, throw some swing outs on it, and you will be good to go!

My car - Moly Wolfe 10 point
True. Only problem is, I don't have a tig welder so mild steel (heavy crap) is what I will have to use. Are swing out bars NHRA approved?