Houston autorama 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
There was a really good turnout tonight. Everyone swing by our display and say hello.

Thanks Joe for all your hard work!!!!!
Mike, thank you for keeping me busy.
really appreciate it. good to see you out there as well Gray & Tyler . also met camaro-keen -Patick there.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Rest of the judging is today, come by and check my car out. I'm sitting next to ex-SS-ve's Uncle's Z28.

Our spot is next to G-Force. Looks like I'm the only fourth Gen. SS there in the entire show.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:57 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackfly
Rest of the judging is today, come by and check my car out. I'm sitting next to ex-SS-ve's Uncle's Z28.

Our spot is next to G-Force. Looks like I'm the only fourth Gen. SS there in the entire show.
Ha Ha Ha! I saw your car there and even asked Joe's uncle whos it was LOL! Looked good.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

had a great time out there... got to see some old faces.

Shame we didn't get to hang out longer Ross!

Hello again to all the G-force crew. Too bad we couldn't unleash team cowbell out there! Cars were looking great gentlemen.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm trying to get out there today, we were gonna get the 68 in the show but my grandma got put in the hospital a couple weeks ago and it kinda put a hold on everything else maybe next year? anyways looking forward to seeing everybodies cars out there. and good luck with the judging.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive never seen a more sad show. Walked the whole thing in 2 hours. Dont get me wrong..there was some nice stuff, but for the most very sad. Am I the only one who felt this way?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by malibu9in
Ive never seen a more sad show. Walked the whole thing in 2 hours. Dont get me wrong..there was some nice stuff, but for the most very sad. Am I the only one who felt this way?
yes I agree I have been going to autorama since I was a little boy and it seems to get worse every year.It use to be more exciting.......The burn out contest was a joke!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Ha Ha Ha! I saw your car there and even asked Joe's uncle whos it was LOL! Looked good.
Matt keeps telling me to send my car to you for some "fine tuning". It's been in and out of performance shops & paint, detail and Pyle Bros. for the last 3 months...I just want to enjoy it right now and try to get on a car cruise since i missed the summer cruise season.

Props to to TJ's win at Autorama very impressive performance #'s and the wide body on his GTO looks sick. Can you guy's (G-Force) post pics of TJ's ride at the show? I want to show a few peeps here at work .
Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97camaross
yes I agree I have been going to autorama since I was a little boy and it seems to get worse every year.It use to be more exciting.......The burn out contest was a joke!
lol! the burn out was so lame! my 10 yo said thats it?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Teching In

lol! the burn out was so lame! my 10 yo said thats it?
I didn't get to see it, because I had to leave for work. But, When I heard them on the PA announcing it with a $100 prize. I thought what a joke. I have seen other burnout contests like at back to the 50's in MN. Those guys either blew up their engine or trashed something else. I don't know why anyone would do that for $100? One would think for what they charged to get into Autorama they could afford more than $100? Admission to this should have been closer to $5 or $10 in my opinion...
Old 11-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

I felt that way last year and skipped it this year.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Teching In

I was going to go,but saw the price of admission.... I'll just wait for pictures and save my money.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Teching In

ok guy's i hear good and bad about the show so what would you do differently? if you are going to say it's sad well give a reason why you thought it was so sad, as far as the burnout contest all of the money is sponsor money so if any of you want to up the amount please just give take2 a shout on how much you want to donate to the cause!!! i think those of you say it's over priced and such maybe you ought to think about how much it cost to rent a six block long building lets just say at a dollar a sq foot...ain't fkin cheap fellas...there is overhead/cost that alot of people don't see so figure that next time you question price, you can spend what 50-75 on a damn texan ticket/9$ on a beer/50$ on food and you know what to expect there....not much... yes i did help take2 out for two days on marking the floors and such and i learned just a little bit about what goes on behind the scene and believe me there's alot going on,so either be part of the problem or part of the solution it's your choice.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Cant please everyone....

Bunout contest has always been slow the first year back at all venues...

Have a few sponsors lined up for next year so we plan on getting the prize amount up next year...

I thought the burnout contest was decent on Sat. with the prostreet nova but all the input is needed to improve the show next year.... I am looking forward to the challenge in changing the face of the show so suggestions are going to be and important part of it...

And Thanks again to CT for coming out and helping out monday and Tue. this show could not even get moved in if it wasnt for ppl like you.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here are some things they should change.

1. A swap meet is for car parts. Not arts/crafts and toys.

2. Less vendors. I paid to see a car show not products for sale.

3. As for the cars well most of them were great. The rest were flat black and rusted (rat rod) wanna b's.

4. Bring back the rules they use to imply every thing must run and drive under it's own power to get in.

5. Section the vehicles trucks, cars,bikes, etc (like they use to)

6. Every show vehicle must have some sort of display ( not just parked on the floor.

7. Limit the number of large displays so there is more room for cars.

That's just a few things on my list.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Take 2
Cant please everyone....

Bunout contest has always been slow the first year back at all venues...

Have a few sponsors lined up for next year so we plan on getting the prize amount up next year...
soo true. just hearing all the snide remarks about the show hanging around the booth made me wonder that some people truly do suck at life . i for one enjoyed it. however by the fourth day i was burnt out . and Jason thanks once again for your help. i plan on showing something else next year so ill get with you soon on that. now you have my contact info you can shoot me some meet details! now as far as things that could be changed about the show. for me i liked it best when it was in the astro hall.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 14SecV6
I was going to go,but saw the price of admission.... I'll just wait for pictures and save my money.
16$ seriously? thats nothing come on dog i thought you had some bank roll.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:32 AM
On The Tree

It was ok. I missed last year so I went this year. Like some of you said the burnout contest did suck as did the swap meet.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Launching!

i liked the astrohall better too, g-forces display looked good and damn ex-ss-ve your lt car is unbeleivably clean, even under the hood. yes the burnout contest sucked but hell if i would have know in time i would have brought my old truck out at least its got posi and some cherry bombs.lolol. but they're were some crazy showcars there, anyone notice a couple of really nice cars that got parked in the toys, arts and crafts/ swap meet section i would have been pissed there was a gorgeous blue 67 chevelle stuck in the middle of all this junk. I liked the show but it was definately bigger back in the day when rock 101 used to sponsor it at the astrohall .
Old 12-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CT'S GTO
ok guy's i hear good and bad about the show so what would you do differently? i think those of you say it's over priced and such maybe you ought to think about how much it cost to rent a six block long building lets just say at a dollar a sq foot...ain't fkin cheap fellas...there is overhead/cost that alot of people don't see so figure that next time you question price
It was too expensive in my opinion. If Grb wants too much money to have a event there, then in a effort to keep admission prices down, it should be held somewhere else. If you look at admission prices to these two events which are larger in size you can see that Autorama was overpriced.
http://www.mnstatefair.org/events/?e...0%27s+Car+Show
http://www.hotrodhotline.com/pr/2009...news/index.php