Houston autorama 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
i liked the astrohall better too, g-forces display looked good and damn ex-ss-ve your lt car is unbeleivably clean, even under the hood. yes the burnout contest sucked but hell if i would have know in time i would have brought my old truck out at least its got posi and some cherry bombs.lolol. but they're were some crazy showcars there, anyone notice a couple of really nice cars that got parked in the toys, arts and crafts/ swap meet section i would have been pissed there was a gorgeous blue 67 chevelle stuck in the middle of all this junk. I liked the show but it was definately bigger back in the day when rock 101 used to sponsor it at the astrohall .
That chevelle is nice! He and I were both featured in the same mag a few years ago. I for one do not want to pay to see rust. Rat rods or whatever are cool but dont belong in the autorama. This is my thoughts you rat rod lovers! I think times are tuff and money is tight. Its hard to dump a lot of money into a car and have it indoor show quality. I would rather have seen 50 awesome cars in stead of 100 medicore. just my thoughts!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
i liked the astrohall better too, g-forces display looked good and damn ex-ss-ve your lt car is unbeleivably clean, even under the hood. yes the burnout contest sucked but hell if i would have know in time i would have brought my old truck out at least its got posi and some cherry bombs.lolol. but they're were some crazy showcars there, anyone notice a couple of really nice cars that got parked in the toys, arts and crafts/ swap meet section i would have been pissed there was a gorgeous blue 67 chevelle stuck in the middle of all this junk. I liked the show but it was definately bigger back in the day when rock 101 used to sponsor it at the astrohall .
thanks for the compliments. not easy to keep it that way.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by malibu9in
That chevelle is nice! He and I were both featured in the same mag a few years ago. I for one do not want to pay to see rust. Rat rods or whatever are cool but dont belong in the autorama. This is my thoughts you rat rod lovers! I think times are tuff and money is tight. Its hard to dump a lot of money into a car and have it indoor show quality. I would rather have seen 50 awesome cars in stead of 100 medicore. just my thoughts!
yep thats how i felt about them. the whole area they were parked in might as well been invisible because no one was really looking at them.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
yep thats how i felt about them. the whole area they were parked in might as well been invisible because no one was really looking at them.
Yep. I'm tired of the whole rat rod scene. Another thing I do not want to look at when I go to a custom "automobile" show is a damn bicycle.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I took my 10-yr old son on Friday, we both enjoyed the show. He liked the trick riders on the sport bikes a lot, those guys were good. The entire rat-rod scene is overplayed now, I didn't even bother to look at those half-done shitboxes with "patina". It has never been cool to purposely hack up your cars and use household items as modifications until now.

G-Force crew had a nice setup, or should I say the TJ Booth? LOL!

Don't care about burnout contests when I go to a show. I just like looking at cars.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I took my 10-yr old son on Friday, we both enjoyed the show. He liked the trick riders on the sport bikes a lot, those guys were good. The entire rat-rod scene is overplayed now, I didn't even bother to look at those half-done shitboxes with "patina". It has never been cool to purposely hack up your cars and use household items as modifications until now.

Don't care about burnout contests when I go to a show. I just like looking at cars.
the sport bike guys were cool the cackle fest with all those old drag cars was cool one of them lost a blower belt that smacked the guy standing next to the car. lolol and yea most of those rat rods were just hacked up junk with 30lbs. of bondo and the crylon touch on them.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey ex-SS-ve it was nice meeting you. hopefully i will see you around.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96redcamaro
hey ex-SS-ve it was nice meeting you. hopefully i will see you around.
good to meet you also. was trying to put a face with a name here. now i know.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

you and i are on the same page. My 10 yo loved the guys on the bikes. Hell I thought they were cool too. Did you see the copules that were dressed up to match the ratrods? i guess everyone has their place. Mine is front of the dinner table for sure!