Got a ticket for no cats...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i realize i'm breaking the law, I mean I have limo tint and no cats. But just got it. Oh well if I get pulled over I get pulled over. I tend to keep it sane and not do too much stupid stuff. If he nails me he nails me. Price to play the game I guess
Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Domsz06
yeah i realize i'm breaking the law, I mean I have limo tint and no cats. But just got it. Oh well if I get pulled over I get pulled over. I tend to keep it sane and not do too much stupid stuff. If he nails me he nails me. Price to play the game I guess
Thats a good attitude to have. Those are my feelings exactly.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

as for the dumps you can just run some exhaust out the back so it looks like it exits the rear. i have done it many times and they never know the difference. as for the front plate they can pull you over for it it without you doing anything else. that is the whole reason for the front plate, just an excuse for them to pull you over and check you out if they want. as for the cats I have never had a cop ask me. I was kind of surprised to see that the OP had gotten a ticket for it. i have mine gutted so it looks like i have em.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

I know my z06 friends were at a gas station during a cruise once and a HP pulled up, was like man nice cars, etc etc, wow wouldn't you know none of you have a front plate. Buddy just replies back, I got one in the car you wanna see? that was the last that was said about that.

another option is just to keep your car tagged in a state that doesn't require front plates
Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

well, im moving to San Marcos in december, so i guess im just gona deal with cats till then. Then, catless x dumped. i cant wait to get out of this small *** town with cops tht have nothing better to do than pull me over...
Old 11-05-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thesource
What a bullshit ticket. Its about as bad as no license plate on the front of the car.
oh dont u worry, i got one for that too
Old 11-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Domsz06
I know my z06 friends were at a gas station during a cruise once and a HP pulled up, was like man nice cars, etc etc, wow wouldn't you know none of you have a front plate. Buddy just replies back, I got one in the car you wanna see? that was the last that was said about that.

another option is just to keep your car tagged in a state that doesn't require front plates
Or an another country, im still on the United Kingdom European plates for this exact reason Hell, I still have an expired inspection tag from 2007
Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BAD2000TA
Okay there!! You do that. I'm sure that cops love guys like you with tons of attitude over clear violations of the current law. Cats are required. Front plate is required. Dumped exhaust is illegal. Speeding is a violation. These aren't hard things to comprehend. If you're going to break the law, accept the possible consequences and don't be a dick yourself.
i dont disrespect cops if they pull me over for speeding or what ever... if i break the law i will man up to it... but i dont like the cops that come up to you with a ******* attitude and start yellin at me and **** accusiing me of street racing... i have had that happend it is pisses me off... i dont argue with the cop because he has already made up his mind... i was just saying if he wants to pull me over for some bull **** like that then i might argue back with him... im not gonig to go to jail for it but i will try and prove my point... my dad is a cop and im thinking of being one my self so i have total respect for them, that doesnt mean that they are all good cops some of them or ****** idiots...
Old 11-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Teching In

I've never been pulled over there but I think if things are slow they'll get folks for only going a few over the speed limit, good idea to go slow in there. I do have cats and a front plate (held on with zip ties), but my car is fairly loud when I get on it so thanks for the reminder to keep things quiet; I go down to the HEB in Friendswood at least a couple times a week.

BTW - I'm pretty sure I saw your car pulling in the Kroger parking lot about a week ago at 518 and 2351. I was getting my truck inspected at the little shop there. Pretty mean sounding ride.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yall don't understand....its just this one d-bag....he hates people with nice exhaust. AND I DONT GET IT CUZ HE SAID HE WAS A MUCLE CAR GUY. WTFFFFFFFFF?????
Old 11-05-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never had any issues with my 1980 Trans Am. You could clearly see the exhaust stop under the car when you were behind it and it didn't have cats. Never had any issues with cops, they usually waved. Didn't have a front plate either and had a busted(but working) taillight. That car would have sat and rotted before I put a front plate on it.

But I got pulled over one time for no inspection sticker and the cop just kinda stood back, looked at the car and let me go, **** that car wasn't even road legal. Didn't care about dumped exhaust, license plate etc. I guess classic cars are different though. In my 99 WS6 cops are always on my *** looking for something wrong.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

^well there u go...u just just explained it.

and ive had dumps for like 6 months now and haven't gotten **** from anybody but this one cop.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
^well there u go...u just just explained it.

and ive had dumps for like 6 months now and haven't gotten **** from anybody but this one cop.

since when was dumped exhaust illegal and why???? i dont get it i have dumped exhaust on my 02 silverado and have never gotten **** for it... why the hell is it illegal????????????????????????????????? im confused
Old 11-06-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Junkie

since ****** when and where is DUMPED EXHAUST ILLEGAL? thats total bullshit.. the gonna tell you how to wipe your *** in TX? **** me...
Old 11-06-2009, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
since when was dumped exhaust illegal and why???? i dont get it i have dumped exhaust on my 02 silverado and have never gotten **** for it... why the hell is it illegal????????????????????????????????? im confused
because the exhaust gases can seep thru the floor boards and suffocate you.......
Old 11-06-2009, 01:39 AM
TECH Junkie

******... wow....

haha thats the most ridiculous thing ever.. maybe if your car is a rust bucket
Old 11-06-2009, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
because the exhaust gases can seep thru the floor boards and suffocate you.......
has that ever happened to anyone??? ima ask my dad about that one... that's a bit insane... if they wanna start banding stuff on cars, band all those big rims like 24's and 26's with not tires cause they could hit a rock and get a blow out and have tires shreds hit a car that could cause a major accident... or the cars that has every inch of it covered in ******* fake chrome plastic **** cause that could blind someone and cause them not able to see for a sec or two and kill someone... sound ridiculous... well so is that...
Old 11-06-2009, 01:42 AM
TECH Addict

yeah his explanation was "well in the winter time with the windows rolled up and the heater on, that exhaust can seep through the floor while you are driving and you black out and the next thing you know you wake up in the hospital"
Old 11-06-2009, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

When I have been pulled over I just clutch, kill the engine and coast to a stop, stick my plate in the front window and drop the windows.

Works so far.

But like someone else said, sometimes they just have nothing better to do. I pulled my SS out of the garage and rolled down a neighborhood street at about 18 or 20, turned the corner and got pulled over just because he wanted to walk around my car and look for something to ticket me for. He found nothing and I was on my way in about 40 minutes.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The exhaust has to exit beyond the cab of the vehicle. You can run dumps on a truck, because the cab ends in the middle of the vehicle. An Fbody is besically a hatch, therefore the exhaust must exit beyond the bumper.

And yes, people have become ill from exhaust fumes entering the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Got a ticket for no cats...