Shooting at Ft Hood

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your ok jimmie, prayers for your buddies.......
Old 11-05-2009, 09:10 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
man my unit is always going to ft. hood for field trianing. that could easily have been me or somebody in my unit. CRAZY.
yeah. I have been through that processing center a few times. Sad to see these things happen. Strange what intense amounts of stress will do to people.

I feel for your unit Jimmy. I do not know how i would react if someone in my unit was killed by another soldier.

I hope my squad leader was not around...
Old 11-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Launching!

brian rs/ss i definitely feel ya. thank god that someone around us when we go always has security rounds. i would never expect anything to go down like that.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Shooter is not dead. The female cop who shot him is not dead either. She's a hero. She saved lives today.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:12 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Well I just got home guys, and I am thanking god.

I was supposed to be there today where the shooting was, 4 guys in my unit got shot. One took a round to the arm and is ok, they have not told us anything about the other 3.

On one hand I thank god that I wasnt there, on the other hand I wish I would have been because I feel like maybe i could have done something to save some of the people.

Im very upset right now so this is the only post i will be making about this tonight, thank you sonic boom for thinking about me.
Jimmy, glad to hear you are safe. I hope the rest of the guys in your unit are ok. I'd personally like to take the opportunity to thank you and all the other guys like yourself who put in on the line every day for the rest of us. I hate that this happened, and again, I hope the rest of your guys are ok.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:17 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Shooter is not dead. The female cop who shot him is not dead either. She's a hero. She saved lives today.
Yes, apparently he is alive, and the other two individuals who were taken into custody for questioning have been released.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im glad you are ok Jimmy.

This pisses me off to no end. I cant believe that he used to Army to get his doctorate and then gets pissed off when he has to deploy?!?! WTF. He joined during ******* war time.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Teching In

maybe i should just stay here in iraq??? prolly safer than hood right now lol. i go back there REALLY soon, he was prolly one of the guys that i would have to talk to when i get back haaaaa.

its a shame that the 7 died and i hope the wounded pull thru.

Last edited by Firechicken1995; 11-06-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Terrible to have to hear this, I know im not a mod or anything close to it, but please keep the politics part out of here. I've seen some other threads on another forum that i will not mention and they were very upsetting to say the least...
Old 11-06-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

very sad, my prayers are with the families and friends of those brave soldiers...

to all of you serving right now or in the past, there is nothing we could ever say or do to thank you for the service yall have provided for us civilians.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

I wish my little brother, a Navy Seal in Coronado right now, could get his hands on this guy. It's probably not the correct thing to wish, but it upsets me to no end.

God Bless all that serve and the families involved, very sad day. Absolutely horrible.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lets_fly
brian rs/ss i definitely feel ya. thank god that someone around us when we go always has security rounds. i would never expect anything to go down like that.
until today i always thought security rounds in a place like ft. hood was a retarded procedure.

not anymore.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
until today i always thought security rounds in a place like ft. hood was a retarded procedure.

not anymore.
security measures at Ft Hood suck ***, so my family can get one hood with just their ID by telling them my name. this is all they have to do to get on hood to pick me up when i redeploy. apparently civilians can just pretty much come and go as they please now too. when i was on R&R i had to do to hood and was in my new 09 GT w/o a on post sticker and no pass and they let me on. back in the day even if you were military you were not allowed on post w/o a pass or the on post sticker. when 1st cav gets back we will have to fix our post again
Old 11-06-2009, 06:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The latest news on this situation thats airing this morning is very disturbing. Apparently this SOB was already on the radar....(and numbers are now 13 dead 30 wounded, so they lost another victim)

From Yahoo news:

The suspected shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, was on a ventilator and unconscious in a hospital after being shot four times during the shootings at the Army's sprawling Fort Hood, post officials said. In the early chaos after the shootings, authorities believed they had killed him, only to discover later that he had survived.

In Washington, a senior U.S. official said authorities at Fort Hood initially thought one of the victims who had been shot and killed was the shooter. The mistake resulted in a delay of several hours in identifying Hasan as the alleged assailant.

Authorities have not ruled out that Hasan was acting on behalf of some unidentified radical group, the official said. He would not say whether any evidence had come to light to support that theory.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss matters that were under investigation.

The motive for the shooting wasn't clear, but Hasan was apparently set to deploy soon, and had expressed some anger about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said generals at Fort Hood told her that Hasan was about to deploy overseas. Retired Col. Terry Lee, who said he had worked with Hasan, told Fox News he was being sent to Afghanistan.

Lee said Hasan had hoped Obama would pull troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq and got into frequent arguments with others in the military who supported the wars.

For six years before reporting for duty at Fort Hood, in July, the 39-year-old Army major worked at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center pursuing a career in psychiatry, as an intern, a resident and, last year, a fellow in disaster and preventive psychiatry. He received his medical degree from the military's Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md., in 2001.

But his record wasn't sterling. At Walter Reed, he received a poor performance evaluation, according to an official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case publicly. And while he was an intern, Hasan had some "difficulties" that required counseling and extra supervision, said Dr. Thomas Grieger, who was the training director at the time.

At least six months ago, Hasan came to the attention of law enforcement officials because of Internet postings about suicide bombings and other threats, including posts that equated suicide bombers to soldiers who throw themselves on a grenade to save the lives of their comrades.

Investigators had not determined for certain whether Hasan was the author of the posting, and a formal investigation had not been opened before the shooting, said law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the case.

The FBI, local police and other agencies searched Hasan's apartment Thursday night after evacuating the complex in Killeen, said city spokeswoman Hilary Shine. She referred questions about what was found to the FBI. The FBI in Dallas referred questions to a spokesman who was not immediately available early Friday morning.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

i can think of some truly awful things i would give everything to do to that guy. Jimmy i though of you too, glad to hear your ok man, prayers for your buds, their families, and all those involved.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This douche bag probably has police officers stationed at his hospital door "protecting" his sorry ***. Go in there and pull the plug on that MFer.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:51 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Give me pliers, a blowtorch, and a couple hours alone with that cowardly piece of ****.

I served at Fort Hood for nearly 4 years and this really gets my blood pressure up. Sick ****, I'll show him sick. I'd like a baseball bat and a Inglorious Basterds DVD. I'd stand by his hospital bed with the bat and play that scene for him.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

One of my old soldiers was shot he is fine I spent the day re asureing his mother and father he would be ok. Jimmy bro is good ur ok man I know the feeling all to well. Im really pisst of at the fbi and cid, this fkwad had been making threats on e mails and websights, so why in the **** did they wait untill somebody got killed over his ****. What the hell are we paying these homeland security for ??? Its clear they dont know **** untill it happens and say " we have reports he was going to **** somthing up but we just waited to see if its true" Even tho im out the Army I still keep in touch with my unit and former LT's and 1sg's Its a family u just cant let go. Im fuming over all this **** but its done and a time of healing is needed and we need to up or watch.