2011 5.0 GT = 468 fwhp

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

modular motors. i will never understand why ford decided to do them. they cost more and are a pain in the *** to work on
Old 11-11-2009, 01:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsa347
Yeah but how much did it cost to get them there? I'm not saying they're not fast but it's way too overpriced imo.
Last time I checked it didn't matter how much it costs to not see tail lights, as long as you aren't the one seeing them!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
modular motors. i will never understand why ford decided to do them. they cost more and are a pain in the *** to work on

cause it was one of those things that if they made it fast and easy then they would be kings of the modular motor world... but seeing how they bearly hit the 300hp mark N/A with them... they still suck *****... but they if those guys wanna spend there money trying to catch up to my 7 year old SS then thats cool, just more F-bodies out there for me to buy later...
Old 11-11-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
cause it was one of those things that if they made it fast and easy then they would be kings of the modular motor world... but seeing how they bearly hit the 300hp mark N/A with them... they still suck *****... but they if those guys wanna spend there money trying to catch up to my 7 year old SS then thats cool, just more F-bodies out there for me to buy later...
They already accomplished "catching up" to the fbodies.. Raced a Terminator lately?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Teching In

haha wow.. speakin of one of them "guys" mentioned earlier

Originally Posted by lemons12
They already accomplished "catching up" to the fbodies.. Raced a Terminator lately?
terminator?? hell my old auto mach would run with ls1's
Old 11-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Take it easy mr.mullet.

Last I checked a bone stock Cobra will out run a Bone Stock SS.

Originally Posted by ragu1585

Yeah my old Mufflers/Filter Vert Cobra would outrun Cammed/stalled ls1's.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

If any have you guys went to the Texas Mile, the GT500(KR's, Super Snakes, and upgraded GT500's) were running 185-210mph. Most C6's, CZ6's, and C5Z's were running 180-205mph. Even with the weight, aero advantage the GT500's were fast.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess we will find out and see what the new GT will do in January. I love you LS1 guys and all, but the new GTs might show the original gangster LS1s whats up. I would like to see a full bolt on 2011 GT and full bolt on 02 WS6 run. That will be a true test to see if Ford caught up to the NA game. However, i doubt the NA GT could out run with a LS1 MS4 car lol. Cam a 2010 Camaro SS LS3 and watch what happens to a NA five point slow.

FoMoCo can't build a fast NA car. 5.0s will forever be a piece of ****. **** the Terminator and GT4500 BS. Eaton made SVT famous, not Ford! If i were a 03/04 'bra owner id wear a "ported" Eaton shirt over a Ford SVT shirt. Ford engines need an air compressor to produce power because the factory motor is not small . You can't even stroke and bore a Modular motor past a 351 to my knowledge. **** you could build a 511 LSX motor. Thats 160 more cubic inches!

I am just tired of people disrespecting the NA motor. There is a huge difference between the NA and FI game. If you were to look under the hood of a 2002 WS6 and a 03/04 'bra, which engine would you choose to win a race if you didn't no **** about cars? The 03/04 'bra of course because you would automatically assume that the car with the blower is faster than the car without one... FI motors should logically produce more power than a NA engines. However, what could be hiding underneath the hood of the WS6 is a monster 14:1 SR 454 LSX on race gas. You could just lie to the 'bra owner and just say its a cammed LS1. They couldn't tell a difference. Thats the beauty of the LS-Series. Henry Ford rolls over in his grave every night because cammed LS engines awake him and scare the **** out of him. FoMoCo knows they fucked up leaving the NA game. The 2011 GT is their answer.

But owners are going to install FI kits on their 2011 GTs and completely disrespect the NA game again. Fords need boost to go fast. You cannot logically disagree with that statement.

For the next 50 years Ford will behind in the NA game. Hold on wait, they still have their prized fast blower cars. If you want to build a decent blower car, call up GM and they will build you your very own LSA/9 car. Tons of people are making 700 plus to the wheels on a factory LS3. Can you imagine the power you could make on a factory LS9? I want GMMP to produce a LS9 short block.

The OHV LS9 made the DOHC supercharged 5.4 its bitch. I bet both cost very similar. Eaton made SVT famous for going fast. Eaton made the LS9 famous for going faster than SVT by a mile.

Ford's future game plan is to add two air compressor to the 2012 GT500. I can't wait to see a twin turbo Gen V C7 proudly produced by General Motors.

GM owns the FI game and NA game.

Ford, you will always loose a race next to a Chevy.

I conclude this massive ownage.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bash
Yeah my old Mufflers/Filter Vert Cobra would outrun Cammed/stalled ls1's.
haha yeah just sayin that the 03/04 cobra wasnt the only mustang that was runnin close with ls1's
Old 11-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Thats funny **** coming from a fire breathing Lt1 ..The 3v are well capable of running in the 12vs with bolt ons.How do I know I own one .As for my slow *** 5.0 push rod motor which is actually an 11sec car with 140 k miles you dont know what your talking about jr. And they are both n/a ...
Originally Posted by texas94z
I guess we will find out and see what the new GT will do in January. I love you LS1 guys and all, but the new GTs might show the original gangster LS1s whats up. I would like to see a full bolt on 2011 GT and full bolt on 02 WS6 run. That will be a true test to see if Ford caught up to the NA game. However, i doubt the NA GT could out run with a LS1 MS4 car lol. Cam a 2010 Camaro SS LS3 and watch what happens to a NA five point slow.

FoMoCo can't build a fast NA car. 5.0s will forever be a piece of ****. **** the Terminator and GT4500 BS. Eaton made SVT famous, not Ford! If i were a 03/04 'bra owner id wear a "ported" Eaton shirt over a Ford SVT shirt. Ford engines need an air compressor to produce power because the factory motor is not small . You can't even stroke and bore a Modular motor past a 351 to my knowledge. **** you could build a 511 LSX motor. Thats 160 more cubic inches!

I am just tired of people disrespecting the NA motor. There is a huge difference between the NA and FI game. If you were to look under the hood of a 2002 WS6 and a 03/04 'bra, which engine would you choose to win a race if you didn't no **** about cars? The 03/04 'bra of course because you would automatically assume that the car with the blower is faster than the car without one... FI motors should logically produce more power than a NA engines. However, what could be hiding underneath the hood of the WS6 is a monster 14:1 SR 454 LSX on race gas. You could just lie to the 'bra owner and just say its a cammed LS1. They couldn't tell a difference. Thats the beauty of the LS-Series. Henry Ford rolls over in his grave every night because cammed LS engines awake him and scare the **** out of him. FoMoCo knows they fucked up leaving the NA game. The 2011 GT is their answer.

But owners are going to install FI kits on their 2011 GTs and completely disrespect the NA game again. Fords need boost to go fast. You cannot logically disagree with that statement.

For the next 50 years Ford will behind in the NA game. Hold on wait, they still have their prized fast blower cars. If you want to build a decent blower car, call up GM and they will build you your very own LSA/9 car. Tons of people are making 700 plus to the wheels on a factory LS3. Can you imagine the power you could make on a factory LS9? I want GMMP to produce a LS9 short block.

The OHV LS9 made the DOHC supercharged 5.4 its bitch. I bet both cost very similar. Eaton made SVT famous for going fast. Eaton made the LS9 famous for going faster than SVT by a mile.

Ford's future game plan is to add two air compressor to the 2012 GT500. I can't wait to see a twin turbo Gen V C7 proudly produced by General Motors.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by texas94z

haha this has to be one of the biggest joke of a post ever
Old 11-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Launching!

And you know what the Ls1 is a bad mother just to show I'm not hatin!!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:08 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

A lot of the mod motor hate would be ended rather quickly if you saw how fast some of the Ford guys have ran with them. But on an internet message board....
Old 11-12-2009, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

For those of you that do not know, ford designed the "modular 2v" to be interchangeable with many of the other vehicles. Though the overall size is large for a small v8, it was never superior to the ls1. I have owned 3, one on the stock bottom end that trapped around 119 mph with a little roots blower and ford svo heads. The original NPI 4.6(96-98) was a joke. The PI(99-04) had an improvement in heads/cams/intake) still not a quick car.

The ls1/ls6(which I now own) is a better motor for performance. Easier to work on? Not much. Just simple understanding of an OHC motor vs an OHV. Turned a couple wrenches, not a real mechanic, but I have not found anything that has been that hard.

Again, in the Mile, the GT500 s197 cars killed the c5/c6 cars in the Texas Miles this year. Much quicker cars.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

There's a lot of cry babies in this thread.

You diehard Chevy fans should be thankful when Ford ups their power. It keeps the competition going making it more likely for Chevrolet to counter.

And for the guy that said "FoMoCo can't build a fast NA car"...You've got to be kidding. The game is about "sales" and Ford has been winning that battle (mustang vs. camaro) for a long time.

Here's one of those weak *** N/A small block fords...and there are much faster ones out there.
BTW, who really cares about N/A? Power is power.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaRZ8-jEMYw

Last edited by -Ross-; 11-12-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TAtoad
if the new shelby 500s cant hit 11s, how would the 2011 5.0 do it

The curb weight of the GT (coupe 3533 lbs) is several hundred pounds lighter than the GT 500 (coupe 3920). The coyote will be an aluminum mill, not an iron block like the mill in the GT 500, so weight should stay down. FYI, there are guys running 12.0s in bone stock 2010 GT500s on stock tires, and several in the mid 11s bone stock w/slicks* I find it possible a mustang GT with the coyote mill could run 11s in stock form. There are rumors that the GT500 will get an aluminum block for 2011, that will be worth a few lbs!!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by -Ross-
There's a lot of cry babies in this thread.

You diehard Chevy fans should be thankful when Ford ups their power. It keeps the competition going making it more likely for Chevrolet to counter.

And for the guy that said "FoMoCo can't build a fast NA car"...You've got to be kidding. The game is about "sales" and Ford has been winning that battle (mustang vs. camaro) for a long time.

Here's one of those weak *** N/A small block fords...and there are much faster ones out there.
BTW, who really cares about N/A? Power is power.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaRZ8-jEMYw
QFT!! Competition Breeds Innovation!!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ragu1585
haha wow.. speakin of one of them "guys" mentioned earlier

I have to agree my old mach was the same way, mod for mod my car was just as fast...
Old 11-12-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

There aren't fast NA SBF's......Look up Charlie Booze.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope Ford does come through with this deal, but I'm not holding my breath. They are interested in sales....not drag strip wars, so there is no telling what will come out.