Battle Red on Monday Night Football!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -Ross-
No thanks. LOL
These 2 teams have more in common then you think. Alot of talent they can't do anything with, along with horrible play calling.

However, the Texans are at least consistently average. Your team doesn't show up one week, and just no show the next.

The Texans hold their own with the best, but just barely lose. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans are in the superbowl within the next few years. They are getting better and better every year, and I am impressed with what I have seen this year.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone that says that was a good game better check their glasses. That game was pathetic, You have 2 weeks to prepare for this a you throw up a yacker. Man I don't know what was worse, the jackass sitting next to me that I wanted to beat his *** or the Texans defense for not covering/stopping anybody. Kubiak, listen everyone in the stadium knew that VY was going to run the ball in the end but you had nobody within 10 yrds of spying on him, great job Jokiak.

Best action of the whole night was the fans behind the endzone fighting eachother, it was funny, about 3 or 4 guys just going at it and the police on the field just looked up at them and did nothing.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

People can say all they want (huge Texans fan here) but VY is a proven winner. Which is something the Texans have never been. Sure his numbers aren't the greatest but you cannot say he didn't help them win. He had some big runs to get first downs to keep their drives going.

I hope the owner (Mr. I hire only choir boys for my football team) gets rid of the entire coaching staff starting with Kubes and gets A PROVEN HEAD COACH!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Texas Director

IMO Kubiag is a not a good head coach. He does seem like he's a good assistant, but is not a leader of men. Bob McNair needs to fire him and move on to a better coaching choice next year if he wants to give his team the best chance to win.

Its frustrating in being a Cowboys and a Texans fan. Both teams are inconsistant and disappointing. The state of Texas deserves better. For the Texans not to have ever made the playoffs and for the Cowboys not to have won a playoff game in 13 years is inexcusable.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's bad enough being a Houston sports fan period (although in your case Dallas sports blows too).

Capers and Kubes shouldn't be head coaches. We need help in the coaching department bad. GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This season is already over again, although this is the first year we had any hopes of doing anything past September.

And here's to another long off season and long pre-season.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

A. Kyle Shanahan's playbook appears to have been stolen from a local Junior High B-Team locker room.

B. Kubiak doesn't know how to manage a clock or get a team prepared for a game.

C. Did we blitz one single time during last night's game? WTF?

H. Dunta needs to go away.

12. Why on earth was Chris Brown the main RB last night? He sucks.

LMNOP. Kubiak blows.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Anyone that says that was a good game better check their glasses. That game was pathetic,
You being a Texans fan will obviously be more critical of them when they lose, then someone like me. Its going to be like that no matter what sport, or team we are talking about.

From the outside looking in both teams played their hearts out. There were a few mistakes, and you're right, the defense didn't look great. For me however, it was an exciting game. The players were playing like this game like it was the superbowl.

So in my opinion it was a really good game. There might have been bad play calling, and some mistakes, but it was exciting.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, Chris Brown runs sloooooooooooow. And Gary had 2 weeks, 2 WEEKS to prepare and was at home!!!!!!!!!!! The guy should go coach a College team.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:34 PM
LS7 Member

I don't understand why they make him the feature back in this game out of nowhere. Slaton and Moats, even with the fumbling issues, are better options. As mentioned, the O line is weak and there are still holes on the defense. "There is always next year" : \
Old 11-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mmiller
Vince is now 4-0 vs the Texans as a starter. Ownage!
Just realized you like texas, the cowboys, and you're from dp. I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye lol.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aggie_Ls1
Just realized you like texas, the cowboys, and you're from dp. I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye lol.
Do people from La Porte not like people in Deer Park? What the hell is that about?
Old 11-24-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Do people from La Porte not like people in Deer Park? What the hell is that about?
LOL, I was born and raised in LaPorte (off "P" street to be exact). And to answer the question, yes.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Aggie_Ls1
Ah well, no biggie. It'd be boring if everyone liked the same things.

Can't wait until Thanksgiving night!
Old 11-24-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
LOL, I was born and raised in LaPorte (off "P" street to be exact). And to answer the question, yes.
Why...? I live in Deer Park now (have spent most of my life in Seabrook). Is this some High School rivalry type thing? That would be kind of silly to me. That might be ok if you were 17 or 18 years old, but after that who honestly cares?
Old 11-24-2009, 03:36 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Why...? I live in Deer Park now (have spent most of my life in Seabrook). Is this some High School rivalry type thing? That would be kind of silly to me. That might be ok if you were 17 or 18 years old, but after that who honestly cares?
No one really cares unless they are in High School, Jr. High, or if they have never left La Porte.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Teching In

^^Exactly. I have lots of friends from dp, it was fun to joke around in highschool and wear camo on lp vs. dp gamedays but that's about it...
Old 11-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Haha yeah i thought it was a funny observation. I could really care less except for the a&m and ut rivalry since im currently attending a&m, that's always fun.

And yeah, im not hopeful for a win, or even a close game really but it should still be a lot of fun. Kyle field is always a great atmosphere for some football!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm going to start talking serious smack in the Cowboys threads.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I'm going to start talking serious smack in the Cowboys threads.
Dude, I haven't talked smack at all in this thread. If fact, I've stated that I'm a casual Texans fan.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Teching In

VY proves again that he wins football games. His stats are fairly ugly, his throwing motion is ugly, but he simply continues to win. He obviously put up better stats in college but they said the same things about him then (gimmick offense, can't throw, etc...) but he won big games for a coach with no history of winning them; beat 2 Heisman winners on the "best team of all time" in their home town for a national championship.

He singlehandedly saved Mack Brown and Greg Davis's jobs, cemented their coaching legacies, and atoned for the "Simms" of the past.

In the NFL they said he can't play, and maybe he can't play like Manning or Brady. Every week Shaub probably scores 3x as many fantasy points as VY, but VY freaking wins games and that is all you can say.