2010 Camaro and Race car race this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=BBFMUSTANG;12571301]
Originally Posted by Rob Valden
Not all guys scratch off the "W" we have never ran our car on a "W"...we race all over the country...I have a completely legal Limited Street/OTTA TT5 car...

no matter what you call it , it is what it is. it s 4 link outlaw car..
why dont you call out BG and see if you can hang with guys in your class

if it has stock frame rails and stock sups then you get some respect..
lol...you obviously dont follow much class racing. I race Limited Street/ True Ten Five...BG races Xtreme 10.5 and Outlaw 10.5....2 classes that are totally out of my league, and 2 completely different cars! much less anything like mine...

good try dumb ***, get your facts straight...

-rob
Old 12-02-2009, 06:19 PM
8 Second Club

I've never had a problem losing, I've lost to Tony (Nineball), Mikey (Mike TexaSS), etc.. over the years. That being said, if it takes someone more than a stock motor + bolt-ons (whether it be a turbo, nitrous, supercharger, or all 3!) then it's just going to be me laughing at them for spending more in mods than I probably have to beat a little black **** Helmet (and probably barely beat, because I don't think there are many cars that run around the street that run 5.05s 60-130 (shifting slow & early)) esp being able to do it on 315/15/19" tires (PS2's, not drag radials).

Like I said I don't go from a stop because of drivetrain issues... I say this not to sound like a pompous *****, but my drivetrain cost as much as some peoples cars (which is why I cannot afford to fix/replace it)... This is a 100% bonestock motor that's never been opened up, it's even stock down to the Plenum and TB. Everything else I guess you could say has been "upgraded". The car is still AWD (on 19" rims and slammed) and weighs in at about 3600lbs (with me in it) w/o exhaust (straight pipes).

With that being said, who's car is it? Does it belong to you? Are you willing to travel to Houston (if you aren't already here), because I am not going anywhere that I don't know. I need some details here, because I'm not going to show up in my daily/weekend driver that sits on 19" rims to race some mini-tubbed Mustang w/ 28x10.5's on it that has a PT91.5mm Turbo. Just because I drive a Porsche doesn't mean I don't know a thing about cars. I was the 4th or 5th Nitrous LS1 in the 8s, I built my original setup for the Porsche, that ran 11.0s @ 137 (in the summer heat), in the garage, etc. So please do not try to talk to me like I'm a idiot, because that's the one thing that pisses me off. I think all of LMR can verify my laid-backness about ****.

PS: Race won't be able to happen for at least a week or two. We are swapping to a Standalone tomorrow which is being done by one of the best tuners in the world (Justin Nenni). That is a big feat for the Porsches because the factory DME relys on SOOOOOOO much and he has figured out how to get it to work with the traction control system, etc... We don't know how long it will take to tune the car since we are starting from scratch with no real map for the Standalone. It made the current power with a stock DME (PCM) and a few tunes sent by email based on Durametric (logger) logs. Hopefully I'll make the same power with less timing now that we have complete control of everything.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:20 PM
8 Second Club

[QUOTE=Rob Valden;12571384]
Originally Posted by BBFMUSTANG

lol...you obviously dont follow much class racing. I race Limited Street/ True Ten Five...BG races Xtreme 10.5 and Outlaw 10.5....2 classes that are totally out of my league, and 2 completely different cars! much less anything like mine...

good try dumb ***, get your facts straight...

-rob
Rob!

The 10.5" Mustang vs the Porsche ... How much land you going to give me?
Old 12-02-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Mr Powell;12571460]
Originally Posted by Rob Valden

Rob!

The 10.5" Mustang vs the Porsche ... How much land you going to give me?
the move...thats it! your car cost as much as my whole race car!

-rob
Old 12-02-2009, 06:57 PM
8 Second Club

Alright! It's on biatch! You and me... Pinemont... Two weeks from Saturday! LOL!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:25 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
I've never had a problem losing, I've lost to Tony (Nineball), Mikey (Mike TexaSS), etc.. over the years. That being said, if it takes someone more than a stock motor + bolt-ons (whether it be a turbo, nitrous, supercharger, or all 3!) then it's just going to be me laughing at them for spending more in mods than I probably have to beat a little black **** Helmet (and probably barely beat, because I don't think there are many cars that run around the street that run 5.05s 60-130 (shifting slow & early)) esp being able to do it on 315/15/19" tires (PS2's, not drag radials).

Like I said I don't go from a stop because of drivetrain issues... I say this not to sound like a pompous *****, but my drivetrain cost as much as some peoples cars (which is why I cannot afford to fix/replace it)... This is a 100% bonestock motor that's never been opened up, it's even stock down to the Plenum and TB. Everything else I guess you could say has been "upgraded". The car is still AWD (on 19" rims and slammed) and weighs in at about 3600lbs (with me in it) w/o exhaust (straight pipes).

With that being said, who's car is it? Does it belong to you? Are you willing to travel to Houston (if you aren't already here), because I am not going anywhere that I don't know. I need some details here, because I'm not going to show up in my daily/weekend driver that sits on 19" rims to race some mini-tubbed Mustang w/ 28x10.5's on it that has a PT91.5mm Turbo. Just because I drive a Porsche doesn't mean I don't know a thing about cars. I was the 4th or 5th Nitrous LS1 in the 8s, I built my original setup for the Porsche, that ran 11.0s @ 137 (in the summer heat), in the garage, etc. So please do not try to talk to me like I'm a idiot, because that's the one thing that pisses me off. I think all of LMR can verify my laid-backness about ****.

PS: Race won't be able to happen for at least a week or two. We are swapping to a Standalone tomorrow which is being done by one of the best tuners in the world (Justin Nenni). That is a big feat for the Porsches because the factory DME relys on SOOOOOOO much and he has figured out how to get it to work with the traction control system, etc... We don't know how long it will take to tune the car since we are starting from scratch with no real map for the Standalone. It made the current power with a stock DME (PCM) and a few tunes sent by email based on Durametric (logger) logs. Hopefully I'll make the same power with less timing now that we have complete control of everything.

Im sure the red turbo car brooks is referring to is mine. If your interested we can arrange something from a roll or a dig. I am not calling you out and Im not trying to derail this thread- just clarifying who's car he was talking about.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:46 PM

RCC =

Originally Posted by RCC
Im sure the red turbo car brooks is referring to is mine. If your interested we can arrange something from a roll or a dig. I am not calling you out and Im not trying to derail this thread- just clarifying who's car he was talking about.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:04 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by RCC
I figured he was talking about your ride (which is ******* bad *** btw Steven, Josh, etc. did an awesome job). When I get the standalone all set I'll line it up with ya from a roll. You will kill me from a stop I will be the first to admit that one. The only thing I'd like to see to make it somewhat fair would be street tire for street tire (I know you have a drag pack, but I don't count that as a street tire My brother pulls that card on me too LOL!).

Regardless, I'm hoping in good weather I can go a ~4.8 or so (which is still not enough for you), with complete traction (as soon as boost hits it spins pretty bad depending on how much I brake boost). So maybe we'll get a good run on video to show people what real fast cars look like in Houston!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:14 PM
it is on low boost

I figured he was talking about your ride (which is ******* bad *** btw Steven, Josh, etc. did an awesome job). When I get the standalone all set I'll line it up with ya from a roll. You will kill me from a stop I will be the first to admit that one. The only thing I'd like to see to make it somewhat fair would be street tire for street tire (I know you have a drag pack, but I don't count that as a street tire My brother pulls that card on me too LOL!).

Regardless, I'm hoping in good weather I can go a ~4.8 or so (which is still not enough for you), with complete traction (as soon as boost hits it spins pretty bad depending on how much I brake boost). So maybe we'll get a good run on video to show people what real fast cars look like in Houston!
I'm your Huckelberry, street tire for street tire... All I have are "Bolt Ons"...

Say when... LOL!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Gotta love a callout with stipulations lol
Old 12-02-2009, 11:54 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by slowredz
Stock motor / transmission / intake vs built everything
I guess racecars need race tarz...
Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowredz
Fine he can be on tires, but it'll be a useless race. I need all I can get. Remember I'm still stock motor, transmission, rearend, and on 19s... He'll kill me from a stop we already know that. I think street tire for street tire would be a fun race from a roll!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:11 AM
On The Tree

In to video the race that goes down if* it ends up in Dallas
Old 12-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Fine he can be on tires, but it'll be a useless race. I need all I can get. Remember I'm still stock motor, transmission, rearend, and on 19s... He'll kill me from a stop we already know that. I think street tire for street tire would be a fun race from a roll!
93oct/street tires/from a dig

u know what im talking about
Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Not dissing you here just pointing out that he has a V8 = mucho torque! and it's all under the curve. Regradeless if it was stock or built, he will still have hills of torque compare to your lil 3.6. It's different setup and car. Any car at his level that has amples amount of torque needs a tire setup just to roll out in 2ND gear (rear wheel drive of coarse). All wheel drive cars are a different beast non the less. No dissrespect just MHO. Don't hustle, just race.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:44 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
93oct/street tires/from a dig

u know what im talking about
LOL!!!! Whatever happen to that guy?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:56 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZO6ER
Not dissing you here just pointing out that he has a V8 = mucho torque! and it's all under the curve. Regradeless if it was stock or built, he will still have hills of torque compare to your lil 3.6. It's different setup and car. Any car at his level that has amples amount of torque needs a tire setup just to roll out in 2ND gear (rear wheel drive of coarse). All wheel drive cars are a different beast non the less. No dissrespect just MHO. Don't hustle, just race.
I understand that. I had a nitrous LS1 5 years ago so I understand the insta torque = LOTS of wheel spin. When my brother sprayed his Vette on the street when it was just a 200 shot it layed black marks to almost 160mph on his speedo. I HAVE to rely on him spinning so I can get out on him. You have to understand that I do spin also, but like you said AWD is a different beast. I am still moving faster than a RWD car even while spinning. I did not realize that until I hit this power level because I never had traction issues. Even spinning so bad in 3rd that I came about a ft from the guard rail I still managed to run a 5.1 (never really found out the REAL #, that's just what the Driftbox said on the display). That's what lead me to believe that even spinning I will be accelerating quicker than a RWD car. If this was a money race I would make damn sure that my numbers were not posted and the fact that the car is getting a standalone installed at the moment. I just want a fun/fair race for me.

For reference of the torque curve this was my highest HP graph. I had 2 other passes at 83Xrwhp and 770-790rwtq. I had to keep my brother in the back of the car and strapped down BIG time because it did blow the tires off on the dyno.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Teching In

I totally agree, your car has power and I know that but I haven't seen it, I know people that have and made remarks on how quick iti is. A car with your power and AWD is a hella race and I think RC will see ( leave the tires on LOL). I know it's all in fun too, BTW do you roll out in 2ND or 3RD?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:11 AM
8 Second Club

I totally agree, your car has power and I know that but I haven't seen it, I know people that have and made remarks on how quick iti is. A car with your power and AWD is a hella race and I think RC will see ( leave the tires on LOL). I know it's all in fun too, BTW do you roll out in 2ND or 3RD?
The gearing in the Porsche isn't the best for cars with big turbos. Most start in 2nd and end up in 4th for their 60-130s. My tuner had figured out how to disable the TB shutting from touching the brakes so you could brake boost before the others had. Since I have that I start in 3rd at about 50mph and it builds about 10lbs or so right before 60. It still isn't at full spool till about 70-75mph but its got most of its momentum though. I've tried 2nd gear roll ons, but as soon as it hits boost it literly switches lanes on me, it is a very scary feeling at the moment because I'm still not use to AWD and wheelspin LOL! In a RWD car I feel comfortable, but the torque steer basically scares the **** out of me. Eventually I will end up going RWD in the Porsche though and will get a set of 17" Bogarts with drag radials and go for some real #'s. At the moment its the fastest AWD 996TT in the 60-130 (and hopefully soon in the MPH for the 1/4), and that includes cars with built motors. Once I go RWD I will be a small fish in the big sea (or whatever that saying is LOL!)
Old 12-03-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't think Chris's car is AWD anymore.... since the last set of upgrades.. I may be wrong?

B