PayPal for Shawn "Saladbar" Salazar Donations

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PayPal for Shawn "Saladbar" Salazar Donations

TO THE MODS. I have no idea if we are able to post Memorial threads of members soliciting donations. If this is not allowed I apologize upfront. I am posting this info on all the boards Shawn was a member and had friedns on. I suspect there are people here that would like to attend the memorial and fund raisers but are not able. This option can reach those individuals and allow their participation in the "Celebration of Life" for Shawn "Saladbar" Salazar.

In order to keep all this seperated and obvious to McKinney PLEASE folow these inputs on the doantions.

MCKINNEYCHRIS@ATT.NET

When you click on SEND MONEY slect PERSONAL and GIFT.

IN the Subject line on the next screen put

SUBJECT:
"LS1Tech Slaladbar Donation"

Type what you have donated to receive ie, $25 for a shirt SPECIFY "XL", "L" or "M" or $7 for a sticker or $30 for both.

AMOUNTS UPDATE:
At the gathering the shirts are a $20 donation. This is all 100% going to Shawn's estate. In order to cover the additional cost of shipping a simple $25 bucks for a shirt shipped seems reasonable or $7 up from $5 at the meets for a shipped sticker only. Please feel at liberty to donate to the amount that best suits you and your abilities. ANYTHING will work towards the desired outcome.

Note for large donations. I know many of you have already contacted me about donations and I suspect many of those will be beyond the amounts we are sending memorial items in recognition of your donation. Please if you give beyond those amounts we will only send 1 shirt and 1 sticker per donation givin in those respective amounts. Our intent is to show our appreciation and SHARE the expression of love for Shawn with as many as we can. We have started with 75 shirts. Our shirt guy is ready to print more in days. If we run out of shirts at the meet then we will be printing more.

In follow-up

PERSONAL - GIFT

SUBJECT:
"LS1Tech Slaladbar Donation"

Type what you have donated to receive ie, $25 for a shirt SPECIFY "XL", "L" or "M" or $7 for a sticker or $30 for both.

memorial - friday, december 4th

post memorial event - friday, december 4th

location – momentum race group
1620 e hwy 121 business
lewisville, tx 75056

time – 9:00pm till whenever

we will kick things off with a poker tournament starting at 9:00pm, buy-in is $20 with all proceeds going to shawn’s family. There will be prizes and jimmy john’s will be catering -- thanks, freakz. After the poker tournament everyone is welcome to hang out, eat some sandwiches and party with us to help remember shawn "saladbar" - byob.

cruise meet spot - saturday, december 5th

location – momentum race group
1620 e hwy 121 business
lewisville, tx 75056

arriving at 10:00 am and departing 11:15 am sharp.

track day on behalf of shawn aka "saladbar" - saturday, december 5th

POKER TOUNY INFO:
Information for the Poker tournament benefit:

1st place: $150 Jimmy John's Gift Card
2nd place: $100 Jimmy John's Gift Card
3rd place: $50 Jimmy John's Gift Card

Sandwiches, chips, cookies and drinks will be on sale at the poker tournament with all money going directly to Shawn's family.

Come play, listen to some great music, donate money to Shawn's family and most importantly tell stories and remember Shawn.

Last edited by TBSS-RAGE; 12-03-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Banned

does the money go to his family for funeral cost and or hospital bills? i completely understand if his family is stuck with bills because of their loss but because he was in canada i believe when he passed does his family even have to pay the hospital bills?
Old 12-03-2009, 05:12 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

No problem on this thread staying. Shawn was a great guy, RIP. Donation sent.

Tony
Old 12-03-2009, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
does the money go to his family for funeral cost and or hospital bills? i completely understand if his family is stuck with bills because of their loss but because he was in canada i believe when he passed does his family even have to pay the hospital bills?
In fact their are debts left. Chris McKinney was his roommate and he is serving as the Executor of the Estate working with Shawn's mom who lives in the area. It created some substanial hardships being in Canada. I do not know the extent to which the debts are but without saying too much and without me asking too many questions Chris made it clear to us that helped organize Shawn's Celebration of Life events that there were significant debts.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:18 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

donation sent! I'm sorry that I can't attend the services or memorial for him. I know he's smiling at the thought of a track day in his honor!

Trevor
Old 12-09-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F66yuxjSyr4