Car shakes a bit too much

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
I would plug up the rear 02 untill you get them tuned out. The car is not getting a eco ready in closed loop therefore going to a default table. Im no tuner but that might be the problem.
Explain? which closed loop
and default table?
Old 03-03-2010, 06:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
running no rear o2's with out a tune should be no prob. i have not running rear o2's and dont have a tune yet and my car runs just fine, made 334 to the wheels... did you check clearence for your headers? are they hitting your K-member or maybe your floor board or something along those lines? if it is, that can cause some vibration in the car... a tune will make the car runn better and get more power out of it, but is still NOT NECCESARY, but is a good investment!
Im sure its not the headers tho...
Because the car used to shake even before the headers where installed...
It would shake with the stock manifolds

Like i said before i changed out the fuel filter
it was really bad....
It was beyond black....
Could it be the fuel pump?
Old 03-03-2010, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

autozone has a fuel pressure kit they will loan you so you can check fuel pressure..... you mentioned the shake was there before the header swap so I dont think 02 sensoers are your problems. check the map sensor located on the back of your intake manifold. while car is idleing move the wire from the map and see if the idle changes while messing with the wire. clean the maf with electrical cleaner and dont use a brush or rag, just spray it and let the excessive spill into a bucket or rag. autozone will check codes for free so have them check it..... if you know anybody that has HPtuners or tuning software for you vehicle ask him/her how much to check everything and disable the cat sensors..
Old 03-03-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clean the MAF
Old 03-03-2010, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
autozone has a fuel pressure kit they will loan you so you can check fuel pressure..... you mentioned the shake was there before the header swap so I dont think 02 sensoers are your problems. check the map sensor located on the back of your intake manifold. while car is idleing move the wire from the map and see if the idle changes while messing with the wire. clean the maf with electrical cleaner and dont use a brush or rag, just spray it and let the excessive spill into a bucket or rag. autozone will check codes for free so have them check it..... if you know anybody that has HPtuners or tuning software for you vehicle ask him/her how much to check everything and disable the cat sensors..
Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Clean the MAF

Just took it off....
Ofcorse its late and all parts stores are closed.. but ill do this tomorrow
With what do i clean it with again?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Spray electronics cleaner (or throttle body cleaner) on the little resistors until they are shiny again. Do not touch them with anything (I do, with the brush that comes on the electronics cleaner can, no problem yet) or you can mess up the sensor and will have to buy a new one.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Found the solution! it was a DAM INTAKE LEAK!!!!

Here are some pics of what was leaking in air...

I feel really stupid making a post over a dam leak..
=/
But thank you all for the help ^.^