Camaro SS on Town East, Mesquite...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
Does she actually race it?
yea does she? Dmcracer's wife has one and she knocked off a 8.6 1/8 stock I think they have added a muffler and tune since? those things are great!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:42 PM
formerly Moze (2/24/2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah - she's ran it a few times. Best run was a 13.7 1/4 and 8.8 1/8th. That was with the mods listed, but no nitrous. She's still learning, but she enjoys it. Makes a couple passes then heads to the stands and reads her Martha Stewart magazine.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Moze
Yeah - she's ran it a few times. Best run was a 13.7 1/4 and 8.8 1/8th. That was with the mods listed, but no nitrous. She's still learning, but she enjoys it. Makes a couple passes then heads to the stands and reads her Martha Stewart magazine.
hahaha thats cool!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
Is it all fixed now? How does it run?

I couldn't agree more. That is why the Camaro has TA WS6 seats in it now. My back couldn't handle any more road trips to Dallas with the stock Camaro seats.
Its running great, love the highway pull with the 3:73's, and from a stop on Nitto 315 drags ( the ones you brought me ) it blows the tires off like it did on regular street tires.

something about that lower back area on the camaro seat is horrible, it hit me in the lower back and I couldnt stand it, much less the rest of the seat is just pure ****.

Thanks man...I love the TBSS. It's a little more refined than my truck lol. Rides nice and it's quiet.

Mods to the TBSS are electric fans, modified air intake, tune, ported throttle body, cat-back exhaust. The nitrous is almost finished...going to run it off a window switch so all she has to do is stab the pedal.
Hell yeah, better watch out she's gonna start liking it and be takin off your truck lol

LOL, well at least she has some interest, im sure there are more than a few of us that have had girlfriends that treat you like your car interest is a form of cheating on them
Old 01-03-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
LOL, well at least she has some interest, im sure there are more than a few of us that have had girlfriends that treat you like your car interest is a form of cheating on them
Yeah - it's all about balance. Gotta make sure you're not spending too much time on the project and not enough time with your wife/girlfriend. Keep her happy and she'll be more supportive. The truck was a sore point for awhile. Definitely had to learn the hard way.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah - it's all about balance. Gotta make sure you're not spending too much time on the project and not enough time with your wife/girlfriend. Keep her happy and she'll be more supportive. The truck was a sore point for awhile. Definitely had to learn the hard way.
Yeah maybe I should try that lol. No I get what you mean though, been on both sides of that. Dont know how much longer the tracks are gonna be open or if they still are but heard that Crandall has been open in some cold weather before, but im ready to go out and see what these gears did, so if you guys head out let me know i'd like to meet up with yall
Old 01-04-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Yeah maybe I should try that lol. No I get what you mean though, been on both sides of that. Dont know how much longer the tracks are gonna be open or if they still are but heard that Crandall has been open in some cold weather before, but im ready to go out and see what these gears did, so if you guys head out let me know i'd like to meet up with yall
heck yea but i need some new DR's before I go!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:17 AM

Yeah, let's keep in touch on that...
Old 01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Last time I went it was in the 40's
Old 01-04-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
heck yea but i need some new DR's before I go!
Yeah, let's keep in touch on that...
Originally Posted by Dirty 30
Last time I went it was in the 40's
Well I ordered new Toyo TQ's today they will be in thursday and on the car, so ill be ready then except I go out of state for the coming two weeks, i'll be home on weekends briefly between flights so if there is something coming up I could probably still make it.

Omega, how bad are yours? I have my nitto drags on the car now that the center is bald but the outsides have a little left so they are "useable"... oh wait mine are 315's your on 275's arent you?

Damn in the 40's? Ill have to get on their website and see when they actually close.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Omega, how bad are yours? I have my nitto drags on the car now that the center is bald but the outsides have a little left so they are "useable"... oh wait mine are 315's your on 275's arent you?

Damn in the 40's? Ill have to get on their website and see when they actually close.[/QUOTE]yea I have a stock WS6 wheel but i think Sam says those would fit? pm me a price?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Omega Doom

Damn in the 40's? Ill have to get on their website and see when they actually close.
yea I have a stock WS6 wheel but i think Sam says those would fit? pm me a price?[/QUOTE]

Well yeah technically they will go on, but I highly doubt they are any better than what you got, they are pretty worn. My plans with them may have changed, I may be kinda putting them to use. So if I dont ill let you know and see if you still want them, oh if you want them for daily use I wouldnt do it, they are gonna hydroplane real bad.

Were you just gonna use them on the track? Do you have a extra set of wheels?