Let's go Cowboys!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmiller
This.

It's unfortunate that more Texans fans couldn't be this way. I always pull for the Texans. I would have loved to have seen both the Cowboys and the Texans in the playoffs.
Next year, Texans vs Cowboys in the Superbowl, in Jerry world. Dream game right there.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This.

It's unfortunate that more Texans fans couldn't be this way. I always pull for the Texans. I would have loved to have seen both the Cowboys and the Texans in the playoffs.
Agreed.

Don't get too cocky Cowboys fans. It was a good win, but next week will be a lot closer. I sure hope we can pull off 3 wins against the same team. Thats a tough task to do.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This.

It's also unfortunate more Houstonians can't pull for their home town team first.

It's also unfortunate many Houstonians have mysteriously become Saints fans in the past 3 months. This fact is douche bagery at it's finest.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Ross-
It's also unfortunate more Houstonians can't pull for their home town team first.
The Cowboys were around long before the Texans. Cowboys fans have been rooting for their team for a long time. I don't think most of us can just say, "oh Houston has a team now, F the Cowboys."

Houston is my 2nd.

It's also unfortunate many Houstonians have mysteriously become Saints fans in the past 3 months. This fact is douche bagery at it's finest.
I would agree with this statement. I am happy that their bubble has been burst.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Juicy J
The Cowboys were around long before the Texans. Cowboys fans have been rooting for their team for a long time. I don't think most of us can just say, "oh Houston has a team now, F the Cowboys."

Houston is my 2nd.
Ever heard of the Houston Oilers?

Also, a Houstonian routing for the Titans when they are playing the Texans is severely gay.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ever heard of the Houston Oilers?
Of course. They haven't been around since 96, so I fail to see your point.

My story is, my father is from Dallas. I grew up watching football with him, which made me a Cowboys fan.

Also, a Houstonian routing for the Titans is severely gay.
I don't understand that either, but I don't see that as often anymore. I am sure if the Titans had a great season, you would see them everywhere though.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Texas Director

I'm a life-long Cowboys fans, so they always come first for me personally. I'm from Texas, so there is nothing at all wrong with me being a Cowboys fan, and I'm proud to be one. I don't see what the big deal is and why Texans fans are so sensitive and worry so much about if someone lives in Houston and is a Cowboys fan.

To each their own IMO. There is no rule that just because someone lives in Houston that they've got to be a Texans fan. They're OK to me, but I'm just incredibly passionate about the Dallas Cowboys! For whatever reason, I just can't get too excited about the Texans.

As far as the Titans go, I'm not really a big fan, but I do like to see VY do well since he's from Houston and UT. Vince was 8-2 as a starter this year. Not bad at all.

Hook'em!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

...No love for fair weather fans...
Old 01-04-2010, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Go cowboys!!!

Last edited by flatbird; 01-04-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: fix
Old 01-04-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that is every where you go in this part of TX...Saints **** has been popping up all over the place this year...oh well...I've been a Cowboys fan since I was old enough to understand football...but I'm also just a Texas sports guy...I'll pull for any Texas Team...well almost any...Aggies are a no go
Old 01-04-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm a life-long Cowboys fans, so they always come first for me personally. I'm from Texas, so there is nothing at all wrong with me being a Cowboys fan, and I'm proud to be one. I don't see what the big deal is and why Texans fans are so sensitive and worry so much about if someone lives in Houston and is a Cowboys fan.

To each their own IMO. There is no rule that just because someone lives in Houston that they've got to be a Texans fan. They're OK to me, but I'm just incredibly passionate about the Dallas Cowboys! For whatever reason, I just can't get too excited about the Texans.

As far as the Titans go, I'm not really a big fan, but I do like to see VY do well since he's from Houston and UT. Vince was 8-2 as a starter this year. Not bad at all.

Hook'em!
Well, if New Orleans and Dallas end up in the NFC Championship game, maybe I should cheer for the Saints since Brees is from Texas.

Maybe there will be something worth watching like Figure Skating on NBC that day.

Seriously though, best of luck to the Cowboys.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Texas Director

Ross, you're certainly entitled to cheer for who you want to cheer for. The thing is, it doesn't bother or matter to me one way or another if someone lives in Houston and cheers for Dallas, New Orleans, Minnesota, or whoever, like it seems to bother some others.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ross, you're certainly entitled to cheer for who you want to cheer for. The thing is, it doesn't bother or matter to me one way or another if someone lives in Houston and cheer for Dallas, New Orleans, Minnesota, or whoever like it does some others.
werd.....I know a few Houston Folks that are Pats fans..have been their whole life...also know a few Houston folks that just bandwagon jump every year...
Old 01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Launching!

I was at the game yesterday it was badass! and packed!!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Agreed.

Don't get too cocky Cowboys fans. It was a good win, but next week will be a lot closer. I sure hope we can pull off 3 wins against the same team. Thats a tough task to do.
no doubt J!! beating any team 3 times is a very tough task. but as a big cowboy fan definitely enjoyed the win. they came out to play, especially how all the analysts/commentators gave us no chance and to include the *** kicking we got last year. hopefully they stay focused on beating the eagles 1 more time, especially in one that matters.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:05 AM
TECH Regular

I just hope that the boys saved up some *** whoopin for this Saturday. It's hard to beat "ANY" team three times in a row in the NFL. Much less a good team like the Eagles. I hope that #10 (Jackson) is still having issues for the Eagles. That bastard is hell on feet and he was banged up last game. I hope he stays that way. That being said, GO COWBOYS!!!! Love Jimmy J and hate Buddy Ryan. lol They can do it if they don't get all cocky and just play hard. Long live Tom Landry...

Last edited by edzsilverss; 01-05-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 01-05-2010, 05:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Be scared of Philly next week. They hardly put pressure on Romo the first half. When they did in the second half they held them to 7 points!!
They didn't put much pressure on them in the second half. Miles Austin is the reason for no pressure. They put pressure on them in the first game when they got shut out. Philly's problem is their offense. The Dallas D is too good. Unless they get new players in this week, including a QB, they're screwed.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
no doubt J!! beating any team 3 times is a very tough task. but as a big cowboy fan definitely enjoyed the win. they came out to play, especially how all the analysts/commentators gave us no chance and to include the *** kicking we got last year. hopefully they stay focused on beating the eagles 1 more time, especially in one that matters.
I am feeling pretty confident. Beating a team 3 times in one season is a tough task, but it happens more often than not, which alot of people don't seem to know. Out of the 19 times a team has been in the same position as the Cowboys, 12 times they have won that 3rd game. So if you are into stats (which I am not, but they can be fun) 63% of the time the team that won the first 2, has gone on to win the 3rd. The Eagles are 0-4 against playoff teams this season.

The odds look pretty good for the Cowboys, but the Eagles do good when they are the under dog.

I get pumped up just thinking about this game.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

I hope roy williams can step up his game, or he is going to loose his spot as a starter! he has a lot of dropped *****, reminds me of t.o. I cant wait to see this game, we have a really good chance of doing something this year the way our defense is rolling
Old 01-05-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by solo21
I hope roy williams can step up his game, or he is going to loose his spot as a starter! he has a lot of dropped *****, reminds me of t.o. I cant wait to see this game, we have a really good chance of doing something this year the way our defense is rolling
I don't hope anything for Roy, except that he loses his starter position. That guy disgusts me. The guy doesn't want to play football. He can't run a route, he can't catch a ball if it hits him in the head, and he smiles when he misses an easy catch. The guy just doesn't care. The quicker the Cowboys can get rid of him, the happier I will be.

Roy keeps saying in interviews, that when he gets his chance, he will show what he is capable of. How many f'ing chances does this guy need?

In case anyone missed it during the game, here are the completion percentages:
Witten - 72%
Austin - 66%
Crayton - 65%
Williams - 45%

What a joke. The guy has alot of work to do before I change my opinion on him.