Cincinnati can...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lo_jack
In about week 2, Gruden said on national TV the Texans wouldn't have a winning season this year...someone needs to make him eat those words. I've been waiting 15 weeks for that.
Yeah. Gruden's a dipshit. The guy picked one player each week and swung from that player's nuts all damn game. He's annoying as **** to listen to broadcasting a game.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Texas Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what if Jon Gruden said that the Texans wouldn't finish with a winning season? That was just his opinion. I thought he was actually one of the better commentators in the last 10 years on MNF. The guy is a helluva a coach and one day he'll be a great hire for a franchise.

The bottom line is that before the season, Bob McNair said that if the Texans didn't make the playoffs that it would be a dissapointment, and it should be a dissapointment for them not to have made the playoffs. They have too much talent not to. Going 8-8, 8-8 and now 9-7 under Kubiak and not making the playoffs is inexcusable. I saw today in the Chronicle that McNair was considering giving Kubiak a contract extension beyond next year. How in the world can he do that? It gives off the idea that he's OK with mediocrity.

IMO Kubiak needs to go and they need to bring in a coach that can give this team more discipline and consistency. Every week you never know which Texans teams will show up and to me, that has a lot to do with coaching. I'm just not impressed with Kubiak.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well if Kubiak goes...I hear Mike Leach is up for grabs

dunno how that would work in the NFL though.. in a fairy tale world that is
Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmiller
So what if Jon Gruden said that the Texans wouldn't finish with a winning season? That was just his opinion.
Sure, everyone can have one. But the Texans are entitled to a little bit of glory basking, having proven him wrong. Besides, so many media people toss out opinions and predictions and are not called out when they are wrong...mostly because no one remembers. That one I remembered.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Kevin Harlan (CBS Sportscaster) is also a complete dumbass. Yesterday when Wes Welker went down, Kevin Harlan acted like his grandson had just been run over by a car. I swear, the guy was about to start crying.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by lo_jack
Sure, everyone can have one. But the Texans are entitled to a little bit of glory basking, having proven him wrong. Besides, so many media people toss out opinions and predictions and are not called out when they are wrong...mostly because no one remembers. That one I remembered.
What is there to bask in, going 9-7 and missing the playoffs? That's not something to bask in. I'd be pissed if I were a Texans fan. Another failed season of not making the playoffs.

New England went 11-5 last year and didn't make the playoffs. You think they were proud of their 11-5 record and no playoffs, lol.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what if Jon Gruden said that the Texans wouldn't finish with a winning season? That was just his opinion. I thought he was actually one of the better commentators in the last 10 years on MNF. The guy is a helluva a coach and one day he'll be a great hire for a franchise.

The bottom line is that before the season, Bob McNair said that if the Texans didn't make the playoffs that it would be a dissapointment, and it should be a dissapointment for them not to have made the playoffs. They have too much talent not to. Going 8-8, 8-8 and now 9-7 under Kubiak and not making the playoffs is inexcusable. I saw today in the Chronicle that McNair was considering giving Kubiak a contract extension beyond next year. How in the world can he do that? It gives off the idea that he's OK with mediocrity.

IMO Kubiak needs to go and they need to bring in a coach that can give this team more discipline and consistency. Every week you never know which Texans teams will show up and to me, that has a lot to do with coaching. I'm just not impressed with Kubiak.
Kubiak (3 time superbowl champ as a coach) has done fine considering injuries to Shaub, loosing Owen Daniels, not having a consistent running game, Kris Brown not being able to kick crucial FG's, and taking over a team that went 2-14. Sure there are things that need to be changed, but that's every team. They went from the laugh of the AFC to a playoff threat in a tough conference in 3 years. The team is extremely young, and is still building, this year brought alot of experience. If you think he should be replaced, who do you think should replace him? That's always the next question. The only other main great out there was Shanahan (who coached with Kubiak), but he is now a redskin. Personaly If we hadn't picked up Pollard our secondary would have been alot worse. You want to talk discipline, Pollard was released from KC for attitude issues. He has turned into a huge asset to the Texans.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

What is there to bask in, going 9-7 and missing the playoffs? That's not something to bask in. I'd be pissed if I were a Texans fan. Another failed season of not making the playoffs.

New England went 11-5 last year and didn't make the playoffs. You think they were proud of their 11-5 record and no playoffs, lol.

You sure weren't talking so much smack last year when your boys failed to make the playoffs.

This team was literally 3 plays from being 12-5.

It amazes me how every time a Texans fan makes one slightly negative comment about Them Cowboys, you feel the need to wonder out loud why we (Texans Fans) even care about the Cowboys. Yet, you are the first one to come in and down the team and their fans in these threads.

Why is it so hard to understand why Texans fans are happy with a winning season over 7 previous years of non-winning seasons? Improvement and seeing potential are good things.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you never had before, yes. You have to give the Texans some credit and reinforcement, or they will all be head cases like Kris. Hang the carrot out too far and they don't follow. Is 9-7 and no playoffs acceptable for next year? Absolutely not. But they easily could have dropped 2 or more of the past 4 games, and they didn't even when most people expected they would. That is worth something, and now that they see they are capable their expectations of themselves need to go up to at least where we all think they should be.

Your comparison shows how far they have come, and I believe to a degree supports my point - only recently have they been good enough to be compared to a program like the Patriots. Some would still call that nonsense, seeing as how that is one of the more predictably dominant programs in the league over the past 10 or so years. If the Texans go 2-2 over the last 4 with that less than great 5-7 start and end at 7-9 again, are you still comfortable suggesting they should play to Foxboro standards?

EDIT: I forgot, back on topic: No, I don't think the Bengals threw that game. They actually were that bad for the first half, and rolled over in the second.

Last edited by lo_jack; 01-04-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Texans 2010 Schedule will be a huge test.

Home: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Dallas, NY Giants, San Diego, Oakland, AFC North opponent Baltimore

Away: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, Denver, Kansas City, AFC East opponent NY Jets
Old 01-04-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

One big thing that you left out about Chris Brown is that he runs straight up with no body lean. That's why he gets stuffed all of the time. That's a coaching issue and for whatever reason the coaches haven't seemed to address that with him. Surely there is no way that he's on the team next year.
it is amazing how he passed on to the next level
Old 01-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by -Ross-
You sure weren't talking so much smack last year when your boys failed to make the playoffs.

This team was literally 3 plays from being 12-5.

It amazes me how every time a Texans fan makes one slightly negative comment about Them Cowboys, you feel the need to wonder out loud why we (Texans Fans) even care about the Cowboys. Yet, you are the first one to come in and down the team and their fans in these threads.

Why is it so hard to understand why Texans fans are happy with a winning season over 7 previous years of non-winning seasons? Improvement and seeing potential are good things.
I'm not talking smack at all and I'm not downing the Texans. I'm only being realistic and honest. If I were a Texans fan I'm just saying that I wouldn't be satisfied with not making the playoffs. Bottom line is, there is no excuse why they shouldn't have been in the playoffs this year. Why should anyone care if they're 9-7? 9-7 didn't get you in the playoffs, so the season should be a disappointment if you haven't had your expectations met.

IMO Kubiak has and always will be a mediocre head coach. I'm shocked that McNair wants to give him a contract extension. Why should he? Why not leave things be and let him go into next year and see what he does with the team again? If they make a good showing and make the playoffs, then great, award him an extension after next year, not this one when they laid an egg AGAIN when it was clearly expected that the Texans make the playoffs. They made the same typical mistakes they always make and couldn't close games.

As far as the Cowboys go, no, I haven't been satisfied with their results for a long time. They finished 12-4 and had home field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs a couple of years ago and got beat by the Giants at home. Was I happy about finishing 12-4 and losing in the first round? Hell no! 12-4 doesn't mean squat if they don't do anything in the playoffs. I consider a season a bad one if the Cowboys don't at least win a round or two in the playoffs or win the Super Bowl. I'm also realistic enough to know that Wade Phillips isn't the answer long-term for the Cowboys. It's all about expectations, which it appears is where we differ.

Last edited by mmiller; 01-05-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Lmao, everyone turns everything into an argument on here.

Dumb dumb dumb.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayBee
Lmao, everyone turns everything into an argument on here.

Dumb dumb dumb.

you must have seen a lot on this forum in your long tenure of being here.