Moving to Longview next month, From Chicago...Whats around here???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Texas and have fun !!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by winger4800
Winters- Thank you, I appreciate it!

I wont miss below freezing temps! And Ill be able to drive the t/a pretty much all year round, also for once I can take the t tops off in FEBRUARY!!!
yeah for the most part you can, but this winter has been really freakin cold, i work outside and it SUCKS! i mean you might be able to handle the 50 degree weather with the t-tops off but to me im drivng with the windows up heater on with a brazos jacket on... i LOVE cold weather but hate it cause i have to work out in it and no car shows ... summer will be pretty painful for you though... it can get quite miserable here july august and sept... just walkin outside to take out the trash you will sweat, cause it will be 100 degrees with like 95% humidity, no ****!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Well we hope to meet you soon! and make sure you do your research on our shop before you take one guys 10 year old, high school, grudge against me(not even the shop) to heart! loot at our testimonials, and i can give you many customers Numbers that are always happy to tell you about us. If you look at the Customer list you will see that our customers will travel a long ways to come here and there is a reason for that. we pride ourselves in the quality that comes out of the shop,and the followed up customer support we will give even after you get your work done! we have a in house dyno jet dyno, and are now the ONLY shop in the area that has one, as ALSTAR MUF is selling theirs off. I cannot put my phone number or web site on here but im sure you can figure that out, but make sure you go and check out our builds in the gallery section and video section on our site. we just put alot of money into the new website and it turned out great!

stephen covington

OWNER of ETMC
Old 02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

I have to agree with Stephen above and I am one of his best customers. I have spent 10s of thousands of dollars in his shop. His customer service is second to none, he takes time tuning your car to get it just right. I sent you a pm so if you want you can call me and I will talk to you about it.

Look fwd to meeting you oneday once you are down here.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I will definitely talk to Stephen when I get down there about tuning. I wanna get my car re tuned since its been awhile plus it may make a difference being a different climate thats less humid???
Old 02-02-2010, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, I will definitely talk to Stephen when I get down there about tuning. I wanna get my car re tuned since its been awhile plus it may make a difference being a different climate thats less humid???
i see you have a 02 ws6! that what we just bought as a DD. love the car!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

iunno about less humid as in the summer is pretty much atleast 90%... diff altitude would be the only diff i could think of....
Old 02-03-2010, 01:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude you should come to Texarkana and play a lot more action than Longview especially ricers . We got a couple F-Bodies, GTO's, Cobras, couple vettes, some ugly *** green viper and more.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Launching!

hahaha im not too far from there...im willing to travel every now and then.

I'm kinda curious about the cars and coffee show..
Old 02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StreetSilverado
Dude you should come to Texarkana and play a lot more action than Longview especially ricers . We got a couple F-Bodies, GTO's, Cobras, couple vettes, some ugly *** green viper and more.
Yeah but the GTOs are really slow
Old 02-03-2010, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

I don't just dislike you Stephen, I don't care for your shop either! I'm not the only one that will not take any of my cars to you. Just keep telling yourself that I just hate on your shop because I don't like you! Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better about people who dislike your shop.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by burnout346
I don't just dislike you Stephen, I don't care for your shop either! I'm not the only one that will not take any of my cars to you. Just keep telling yourself that I just hate on your shop because I don't like you! Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better about people who dislike your shop.
There are many shops out there that I will not take my car too. Why because I have before and there service and work sucked. I can't say that about ETMC. Stephen may take a little bit longer sometimes but he does good work. If I am not doing the work myself on my cars or it is something I dont have the equipment for then Stephen gets a call.

For any shop you will have those that swear by you and others that will never do business with you. I am a Financial Advisor and it happens in my line of work too. What sets a business apart is having that ratio be in your favor by as much as possible.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Well put! I'm just one of those that will not do business with him. Everyone has an opinion.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Getting anxious.....ONE MORE WEEK and no more snow!!!! (unless with my luck you guys get some freak of nature artic storm)
Old 02-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Getting anxious.....ONE MORE WEEK and no more snow!!!! (unless with my luck you guys get some freak of nature artic storm)
It'll happen, I'm the reason for the shitty weather we been havin down here cuz I was so excited bout gettin away from snow too.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StreetSilverado
Ahhh phooey! We have a bunch of cars that are broke down and not running but soon some of them will be on the road waiting for some of those slow cars from the longview area to come up and get smacked around.

Probably won't show because they are afraid of getting spanked with their shop cars
Old 02-08-2010, 01:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
Ahhh phooey! We have a bunch of cars that are broke down and not running but soon some of them will be on the road waiting for some of those slow cars from the longview area to come up and get smacked around.

Probably won't show because they are afraid of getting spanked with their shop cars
Dammit Scott, I finally get my car pretty fast and you just gotta come in here and put me down. I'm just messin . You need to hurry the hell up and get that car back together! I do know how to half *** **** and get it to run haha. Lemme know if you need any help on anything. I'm ready for some wheelie bars and a chute
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Teching In

we have a chance of snow thursday and friday
Old 02-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Launching!

figures..and we are getting snow up here....
Old 02-11-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

hell yeah! we got snow all the way from DFW to longview for what i have seen this morning. when you get here...Welcome to Texas!! I live in Lindale(just north of Tyler) on I-20. There is nothing in Lindale but i do sometimes go to tyler or longview for friends, parts, meets etc... longview isnt bad at all, but you will have some effort in searching for some things to do. Talking about ETMC and Stephen...there will be NO bashing done on my end BUT, I have an opinion...I have personally talked with Stephen(even though he won't remember me at all i'm sure) and he was very "stand offish" to me like it was his second nature. I was going to take my car to him for some dyno tuning for my turbo project, but after talking with him for apprmx 5min i decided I wouldnt never take anything to him. Im going to say this now, Stephen I hope you have good luck with your shop. Your vette is a sick 1,500hp monster! This was not bashing to you. I just didnt enjoy our conversation with each other( or lack of it on your end).
Back on track, welcome. I am very sure you will like Texas. prayers for your father have already started. hope everything gets better with him. Peace