Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm glad i work on my own **** lol
Old 02-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
i have a dd so i only put 2k on my car a year. they told me to bring it back every 6 months so that i could keep my tire life up. and the alignment was bad after i got it last time but i had to get to class so i couldnt stay and have them fix it. my steering wheel was off and so was the alignment. i took it back to them to fix their mistake
Damn I wish I could put 2k on my car a year....i do that in about 3 weeks. In the T/A.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Launching!

my muffler bearing was fried i ordered some ducktape and a clothespin and mickey rigged it. now it done works.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats why you just work on your own car so you dont have to deal with that bull....they also manipulate women in to buying pointless ****; that pisses me off! befor I was a mechanic years ago my mom went to a shop to get her oil changed they said she NEEDED a 30K look over wrote a bunch of stuff up and made her pretty much believe she needed it. she ended you paying $800.00
Old 02-02-2010, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MEZA TA
Damn I wish I could put 2k on my car a year....i do that in about 3 weeks. In the T/A.
yeah, a dd comes in handy thats for sure.

Originally Posted by 97camaross
Thats why you just work on your own car so you dont have to deal with that bull
i agree. the only time ive taken my car anywhere is for the alignment since i cant do that without the machine. lol
Old 02-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Launching!

These guys get paid on commision...ofcourse they gonna replace everything, even if they don't know what they are talking about....lol. The air in your tires need to get replace due to wear and tear....do you want to add that to your ticket....????
Old 02-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SuperSam
These guys get paid on commision...ofcourse they gonna replace everything, even if they don't know what they are talking about....lol. The air in your tires need to get replace due to wear and tear....do you want to add that to your ticket....????
well you have to switch the winter air in tires for summer air every year.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Banned

LOL, some crazy stuff. When I had my Dodge Diesel in the dealer for an oil change (gave me the first year free) They told me it was running rough, so I needed spark plugs. Also, I had a "stall converter" issue. That was my dual disk clutch making some noise. I can forgive not understanding my performance parts and the side effects assosiated with them, but really, what 6 speed stick has a stall converter. And spark plugs? A Cummins doesnt even have glow plugs. Same tech told me he never heard anyone call it a torque converter. Because of the rant that followed, Im not allowed to return to that dealer.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Regular

All I can say is you guys need to come to my shop.

But I have one, before I was in this line of work I did all my own. I had this old beater Granada (this was late '80s) and I replaced the entire front suspension bushings and all. So I took it to Modica Bros. in Beamont for an alignment. The mechanic must not have been told I rebuilt it because they came back to tell me that a lot of parts needed to be replaced. So I go to see what he's talking about and he starts pointing at this and prying on that. I stop him and say, "Dude, look at all of this front end and tell me what you see." He was looking very confused and shook his head like IDK. I say, "It's all brand new parts." He looked at it and it hit him hard. He just turned and walked away. The service writer said he wouldn't work on my car so we left and an independent guy fixed it without issue.

By the way, "We fix $99 brake jobs". Says so on my sign out front.

Vernon
Old 02-03-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
All I can say is you guys need to come to my shop.

But I have one, before I was in this line of work I did all my own. I had this old beater Granada (this was late '80s) and I replaced the entire front suspension bushings and all. So I took it to Modica Bros. in Beamont for an alignment. The mechanic must not have been told I rebuilt it because they came back to tell me that a lot of parts needed to be replaced. So I go to see what he's talking about and he starts pointing at this and prying on that. I stop him and say, "Dude, look at all of this front end and tell me what you see." He was looking very confused and shook his head like IDK. I say, "It's all brand new parts." He looked at it and it hit him hard. He just turned and walked away. The service writer said he wouldn't work on my car so we left and an independent guy fixed it without issue.

By the way, "We fix $99 brake jobs". Says so on my sign out front.

Vernon
I need to put the quote on my reader board out front. I like it... There's a JUST BRAKES by us and there bays are full all the time. I just don't get it... But whatever.

Also does everyone know what preventive maintenance is?? Gzzz... You change out your fluid before it's dirty and on the mileage it's due. After it's dirty, its to late. I'm sure most of you guys just say "no I'll do it later" when someone changes your oil, it doesn't bother us(the shop) if we don't change it. Its your car you do with it what you want. It's just our job and duty to inform you of when stuff is do when you come in for an oil change. You can say YES or NO. We didn't become the number Kwik Kar in America over night and by ripping people off.

Rant off....

Last edited by KWIKKAR; 02-03-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I am lucky, I haven't had any bad things happen at a mechanics shop. In fact the guy that rebuild my transmission pretty much saved my life. He was checking the front suspension and told me my tie rods and other suspension pieces were in horrible need of replacement. I put my car on the lift at school and the tie rod fell out as I was messing with it.

Usually I will just get the "Is that your car?" statement which is understandable when you roll up with a gold bird taking up your whole hood and a big *** 400 loping in the background.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Launching!

my headlight went out and the cop told me i needed a new one.. pfft, idiot
can someone inform me where the dipstick is on t/a headlights cuz i cant find it for the life of me
Old 02-03-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by badinfluencelsx
my headlight went out and the cop told me i needed a new one.. pfft, idiot
can someone inform me where the dipstick is on t/a headlights cuz i cant find it for the life of me
haha...
Old 02-03-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

the only time ive ever taken one of my cars to a shop was to get locking lugnuts cut off cuz i lost the key (found it the next day) and it was taking a while when they took me out into the shop and had my hood popped, they killed my battery somehow during this process and wanted me to buy a new one for $90

i got out of there for four dollars for four new lugnuts and my old battery that was perfectly fine after getting a jump pack on it

i know im not from texas but hey just goes to show ya it happens everywhere
Old 02-05-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
....AND my muffler bearings were shot. .....
It happens man, just sayin...