Speed bumps in neighborhood

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rooftop and a scoped .22 shooting CB caps. Enough to flatten a tire, but not much more. Doesnt make any more noise than a pellet gun. Stopped the problem in my area. Stopped the booming stereo at 3am every day too.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

or you could install these. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5ZwbDj7sQM

Seriously though....
I Know your pain.. I am on a street that is not a through street, heck it only has 7 houses on either side of it.. but for some reason the kids like to race down the street. hell there are stop signs at either end, it they went straight instead of cutting through on my street, there aren't any stop signs.. it's a straight shot with a 90* turn..( not that I want these same kids hauling but and hitting a kid on that street, or missing the curve, but it doesnt make since to try and cut though on my street).

Also maybe this will help out..
give you something to go by..
http://www.lynwood.ca.us/documents/p..._Procedure.pdf
Old 02-13-2010, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Theres house down the street at a dead end, it has had like 7 drunk drivers fly into the living room at night, taking out the stair case every time. They tried concrete pillars and everything.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carlos sauceda
yeaaa maybe you should get with your neighborhood society or whatever n talk to them about it and yall can go to the city of houston and ask if they can install one.`
Houston? I live almost 800 miles away from Houston and still in Texas.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:18 PM
The House is Rockin'

like i said, just try to get some neighbors behind you. and there bound to do something.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

lol ok well wherever the hell ur from idk. it was just an example
Old 02-14-2010, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any one got a test and tuner in the neighborhood? He got his own race track right in front of the house. No waiting in the staging lanes for him LOL.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...w-6-speed.html
Old 02-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
Houston? I live almost 800 miles away from Houston and still in Texas.
Well, since you were kind enough to mention where you live in your post (or user info), then I can see why you would be such a smartass about someone mentioning Houston.

Seriously, don't be a dick. Everyone is posting some replies to try and help you out, or at least give you some ideas/guidelines.

If you don't want anyone to assume where you might live, then maybe you could actually post your location. But don't be an *** when folks are just trying to lend a hand.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Teching In

If you have had alot of rain go make your self a pot hole one night. By the time they get around to fixing it they will be driving slower.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Regular

I think about this all the time because of my street. Check out this true story, it happened just the other day.

I live out in the country and my street is arrow straight and one mile to each corner, I live right in the middle. The lots are 2 acres and most have houses on them. The speed limit is 35 but most average 60, even with little kids waiting on the school bus in the mornings. I get tailgated and passed doing 40 all the time. These are my neighbors for the most part. Two weeks ago Saturday afternoon I hear somebody make a few WOT runs on the next street over then start coming up mine a few minutes later. I heard him get on it up street and watched him fly by at 90+ so I got pissed and called the Sherrif. While I'm on the phone at the road he comes back by the other way at a normal speed giving me the opportunity to read off his plates to the dispatcher. The punk must have not liked that at all because he stops about an eighth mile up and sticks a pistol out his window and fires three quick shots. I had just turned around so I didn't actually see it but he was the only thing around and he wasn't worried about anybody shooting at his ***. I went back and stood my ground hoping he would do it again but he didn't. So I tell them about that while he starts talking to a old guy in a pick-up who had rolled up next to him and then they both take off in opposite directions. Five or ten minutes later the Deputy rolls down to the house the old man went to, must have been the plates, and has a chat with that old guy but the young punk hasn't been seen since. He was in a brand new Charger SRT8 black with black wheels that had red rim lips. If he comes back (with that exhaust I'll hear him coming) I'll be ready to return fire without hesitation. What a F'in POS. Montgomery Texas, the wild wild west. Oh well I'll just get all Clint Eastwood on his ***.

Vernon
Old 02-15-2010, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

lol you could get some of these.

http://www.moillusions.com/2008/01/p...-illusion.html

Quick Reply: Speed bumps in neighborhood