Red light camaras in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Red light camaras in Houston

I work for a local law office in Houston, we have started a petition to illegalize these cameras in Houston. if you are interested in signing the petition we need 22 thousand sigs.We are well on are way,please pm me if you want the address where to come sign it.My boss was the one on the local news who ran a red light camera on purpose from day one to build case law.I did not want to violate ls1 tech rules we are not an Ls1 sponsor but this can benefit us all.. pm me for the address....
Old 02-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Ive passed like 4 and never got anything in the mail, but im down fk it
Old 02-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Teching In

I will, I got a 75$ "ticket" in the mail for that. I remember passing through the "red" light. Actually it was yellow as I passed through and traffic was moving sooooo slow, so of course I cant speed up. I was on hwy 6 and 59, everyone knows that is a busy intersection. I am not going to stop in the middle of the freaking street and reverse.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the opposite. They should be on every intersection. People cause accidents not a pole with a camera. JMDAO
Old 02-24-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dont run red lights... i think people just get mad cause they cant get away with it... i mean i understand yalls opinion and how they are wrong and all but i think they are making people think twice about running a red light... thats just my .02
Old 02-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
dont run red lights... i think people just get mad cause they cant get away with it... i mean i understand yalls opinion and how they are wrong and all but i think they are making people think twice about running a red light... thats just my .02
Yea except for when they have the yellow to red timing so quick that you probably wont make it, and from certain distances its more dangerous to lock up your brakes trying not to "run" the red light, than it is to catch the tail end of a red light.

Case in point, a couple weeks ago I was cruising along 1960 and the roads were slick. I was coming up on an intersection that had the cameras and when it turned yellow I was at that distance where you probably won't make it if you try, but if you hit the brakes you might not stop in time, so I locked em up and hydroplaned into the intersection trying to avoid the ticket.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:28 AM
Staging Lane

My problem with them is the right turn on red where they have them set up. You have a designated lane to turn right from, your light is red but no traffic is coming and if you dont make a complete stop for a few seconds then turn you will get a ticket or that.

You have a lane that is turn right only you should not have to make a complete stop if no traffic is coming or they should put a turn green light up for that lane to help the flow of traffic. In massive intersections the way the light are your light will be red but no cars are coming your way due to how the lights are structured. You should be able to go

And it also falls back on this how can we reduce the amount of time cars are on the road burning fuels and "polluting" the air. Because this for sure as hell isn't doing it.

I agree they should be on some corners like the one that have the most accidents, But it seems more like there on the corners that can bring them more revenue.