State Inspection Error: H E L P!!!!***!*!*!*!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, But When the sticker reads: 06 09
and the current year is: 02 10

My sticker is like a black hairy mole on the tip of a ****** right tit!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KevinR
Pay an extra 20 bucks this year to "get" you a sticker. That will give you a year to get the problems fixed. That would be the cheapest route to go right now, cause those tickets are heafty fines.
That won't work.

Originally Posted by Medic/Z28
How are you guys getting these tickets? Do they hook up your car to a computer or chack under the hood? Thats weird!
They see an expired sticker on the window

OP, you get an appointment to tune those out yet? That is about your only bet.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
That won't work.

They see an expired sticker on the window

OP, you get an appointment to tune those out yet? That is about your only bet.
I have heard that money in the drivers seat will buy you a inspections. I think that's what he means by an extra "20" to get it for a year.... I heard it was more like a c-note, but each to his own.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Domsz06
I have heard that money in the drivers seat will buy you a inspections. I think that's what he means by an extra "20" to get it for a year.... I heard it was more like a c-note, but each to his own.
haha, I understand the implementation he made, but you cannot bypass the not ready codes on OBDII vehicles. That is what I was implying. The only way around this is to hook another vehicle up, and last I heard, the software isn't that stupid. Last time I performed an inspection was over 2 years ago. Since then, they have cracked down even harder on OBDII vehicles, so I am thinking, tuner is the only solution here.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blackfly
No, But When the sticker reads: 06 09
and the current year is: 02 10

My sticker is like a black hairy mole on the tip of a ****** right tit!
Joe, you must just look suspicious!! :rofl:

man, my inspection sticker expired 06/09 and i don't get any grief for it AT ALL. I will say that for a while though, my tags were expired too, and i kept getting pulled over for that.

Here's the scenario:

They would follow me for a mile or two, then light me up, then come up to my window and explain to me that I was pulled over for expired tags. Then they would talk to me for a bit about how nice the car looked and sounded, and say if I let them look under the hood they would let me go, LOL! Happened twice, once by HPD, and once again by Humble PD

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
haha, I understand the implementation he made, but you cannot bypass the not ready codes on OBDII vehicles. That is what I was implying. The only way around this is to hook another vehicle up, and last I heard, the software isn't that stupid. Last time I performed an inspection was over 2 years ago. Since then, they have cracked down even harder on OBDII vehicles, so I am thinking, tuner is the only solution here.
I have a friend that's a state inspector, and he told me that they just came out with new software where he couldn't even plug in another car to substitute it for a car anymore
Old 03-03-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KevinR
Pay an extra 20 bucks this year to "get" you a sticker. That will give you a year to get the problems fixed. That would be the cheapest route to go right now, cause those tickets are heafty fines.
Originally Posted by 1sickz28
pay the extra cash and dont worry about it for a yr
Originally Posted by Medic/Z28
How are you guys getting these tickets? Do they hook up your car to a computer or chack under the hood? Thats weird!
Originally Posted by rooster99ss
Joe, you must just look suspicious!! :rofl:

man, my inspection sticker expired 06/09 and i don't get any grief for it AT ALL. I will say that for a while though, my tags were expired too, and i kept getting pulled over for that.

Here's the scenario:

They would follow me for a mile or two, then light me up, then come up to my window and explain to me that I was pulled over for expired tags. Then they would talk to me for a bit about how nice the car looked and sounded, and say if I let them look under the hood they would let me go, LOL! Happened twice, once by HPD, and once again by Humble PD

I have a friend that's a state inspector, and he told me that they just came out with new software where he couldn't even plug in another car to substitute it for a car anymore
thats what I heard too from a buddy I used to work with at that same location. I didn't want to spit it out information, I could not confirm, but more than one of the same stories heard from two different people is enough for me.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Friendly Inspection ......
Old 03-04-2010, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you guys got a secret to pass a car with 3 not ready codes, please elaborate. To the best of my knowledge, its not possible.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Dropped SS off yesterday. Hopefully It gets tuned properly.

What I don't want : I don't want to deal with this every time I need an inspection. I need it fixed right so paying $$$ for a sticker doesn't help.