Car fell off dyno at school

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like the "driver" turned the wheel at 30seconds into the video.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H/C/I Stang
lol thats funny!!
A Texas appeals court upheld the state's sodomy law Thursday in the case of two men charged
with having sex in a private home. The nine-member 14th Court of Appeals voted 7-2 to overturn a June ruling by three members of the same panel that said the law was unconstitutional because it forbids sex between same-sex partners, yet allows the same acts between heterosexuals.

The sodomy law, which has been on the books for more than a century, was challenged after John Geddes Lawrence
and Tyron Garner were arrested on Sept. 17, 1998 and charged with engaging in homosexual conduct. Harris County sheriff's deputies had entered Lawrence's apartment after receiving a false report of an armed intruder inside but found the men having sex. Under the sodomy law, homosexual oral and **** sex is a Class C misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of up to $500.

armed and dangerous lol
Old 03-05-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big bird55
dam yuo are lucky my school auuto deptarment doesnt even have a teacher now it sucks no autshop i wish we had it fro my final year in school. and another thing you guys have a fuckign dyno in you auto dept.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all we have is a 6 by shop with 6 lifts
LOL, sounds like they didn't have english classes either.

Oh I couldn't help myself.

And someone said he hit the brakes right when it happened. BULLSHIT. Have you ever got on a bike with the back tire off the ground and pedaled fast as hell and dropped the back tire? What happened? Did you launch like a rocket down the street? **** NO. This uncle bens rice mobile has about as much torque as you do on a bike with the tire in the air. It simply made contact with the floor and stalled.

Last edited by danieloneil01; 03-05-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

this thread is ****** hilarious!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

After seeing the numbers Richie's car put out on that Dyno compared to the very next day at G-Force...Pearland High Schools dyno could make a dyno queen out of my Yukon.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pennys58
After seeing the numbers Richie's car put out on that Dyno compared to the very next day at G-Force...Pearland High Schools dyno could make a dyno queen out of my Yukon.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tmiller
The teacher should be SEVERELY reprimanded for not enforcing more safety procedures on you idiots. Let one of your popped collar little friends get smashed by an out of control car and you'll wish you HAD followed some basic safety procedures.
If you set guidlines on how to do something and they are not followed then the fault is by careless kids who choose to turn away a simple common sense. Teachers are not baby sitters, if you think that he should have done better then dont enroll your kid into Public School.

Originally Posted by pennys58
Dynos are incomparable among each other, it's a simple tool used to calibrate the same car at the same time within certain conditions it will change. Also if your worried about getting every last Hp avaliable get a in-car dyno tune.

Actually on that day they were heat cycling all the systems for the vehicle and not pulling a final number tune on it. Being safe was in mind during that session.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
A dyno is a very dangerous piece of equipment.
Agreed. I imagine Larson will be reviewing dyno safety this week. It's good that no one got hurt.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:05 PM
joc
Teching In

PICTURES OF THIS GIRL?????!!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

I guess there was too much "Rice" on the dyno
Old 03-09-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmiller
The teacher should be SEVERELY reprimanded for not enforcing more safety procedures on you idiots. Let one of your popped collar little friends get smashed by an out of control car and you'll wish you HAD followed some basic safety procedures.
Yeah, because the car is totally going to go flying out of control. Once the wheels hit solid ground they will stop. It might go a little ways but not enough to kill someone, if someone wants an example then watch Mythbusters where they drive a car on a highway into the trailer. Once the tires hit the trailer the car doesn't shoot inside. Good old Newtons laws.

I guess it just all depends on how you look at it. Is welding class safe? Is metal fab safe? Is chemistry class safe? The dyno is a lot safer than welding machines, big *** grinders and deadly chemicals, I know because I have been in all those classes. Hell the dyno is probably the safest thing about our Ag classes.

We learned our lesson and now we know how to properly strap a FWD car, it wont happen again. Like everything else in life, if something breaks or whatever, you fix it. You don't bitch and cry, you learn from your mistakes, suck it up and move on. Also having the teacher "severely reprimanded" isn't going to teach us a damn thing, this class is the ONLY reason why I actually enjoy school.

Safety is the main concern in this class, Michael, Thomas and everyone else that was in that class can all agree with that but Larson isn't our baby sitter, sometimes **** happens.

Last edited by retardedpenguin; 03-09-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Yeah, because the car is totally going to go flying out of control. Once the wheels hit solid ground they will stop. It might go a little ways but not enough to kill someone, if someone wants an example then watch Mythbusters where they drive a car on a highway into the trailer. Once the tires hit the trailer the car doesn't shoot inside. Good old Newtons laws.

I guess it just all depends on how you look at it. Is welding class safe? Is metal fab safe? Is chemistry class safe? The dyno is a lot safer than welding machines, big *** grinders and deadly chemicals, I know because I have been in all those classes. Hell the dyno is probably the safest thing about our Ag classes.

We learned our lesson and now we know how to properly strap a FWD car, it wont happen again. Like everything else in life, if something breaks or whatever, you fix it. You don't bitch and cry, you learn from your mistakes, suck it up and move on. Also having the teacher "severely reprimanded" isn't going to teach us a damn thing, this class is the ONLY reason why I actually enjoy school.

Safety is the main concern in this class, Michael, Thomas and everyone else that was in that class can all agree with that but Larson isn't our baby sitter, sometimes **** happens.
Judging by the way everyone was laughing about it, maybe you guys do need babysitters when playing with big boy toys.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

man i can see no pics have been posted yet WTF!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by red281gt
man i can see no pics have been posted yet WTF!
IKR. lol.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Judging by the way everyone was laughing about it, maybe you guys do need babysitters when playing with big boy toys.
Right... Because not laughing would make this situation 10 times better.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

id laugh but thats because of rice boy there, my $2800 86 vette not running right makes more power than his over priced wind up toy. but to each there own at leasat it dosnt have a unpainted body kit and 8 foot wing
Old 03-10-2010, 12:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

What rims are those??
Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by 97camaross

Dynos are incomparable among each other, it's a simple tool used to calibrate the same car at the same time within certain conditions it will change. Also if your worried about getting every last Hp avaliable get a in-car dyno tune.
The guy you're talking to knows just a little about dynos, seeing his cars have been hauling *** since **** I don't know the 80's!

LOL at him getting a "in car dyno tune". That is priceless, I think the last one he had "in car dyno tuned" made around 700rwhp.

Just goes to show not everyone in here has taken the time to know who they are adressing.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^well he should know that all dynos are not the same; so whats the point to bash the dyno....I never said that he didn't know his **** or his car was not fast...I was just sayin why bash the dyno its simply a tuning tool....
Old 03-10-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by 97camaross
^^^well he should know that all dynos are not the same; so whats the point to bash the dyno....I never said that he didn't know his **** or his car was not fast...I was just sayin why bash the dyno its simply a tuning tool....
First of all use the quote button homie, this "^^^" probably took twice the time and looks half as good.

Secondly, Pennys point is a properly calibrated dynojet will yield similar numbers to any other properly calibrated dynojet. That's why a correction factor is always used for comparisons. However, yes many operators can trick the dyno into reading higher numbers and I suspect that one of these two things is to blame in this case.

Moreover, I'm from the school of understanding an object or tool before implementing it. Having gone to the same high school as these kids, and taken that same course I'd have given these guys much more credit then they are currently due. Unfortunately that video is doing a pretty good job of changing my mind. Hopefully a few bad apples aren’t ruining the reputation of a whole group.

Quick Reply: Car fell off dyno at school