Forklift operators

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
I'm pretty sure you didn't know since you only drove a forklift at home depot...
Bragging about driving a forklift...what a jerk off. Let me guess...you live your life one pallet at a time?

Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

WHAT! BRAGGING! Whatever douche bag, You have no clue what you are talking about. The o.p, needs serious information, not home depot information. To the o.p, Driving a forkilft brings damn good money. I would pull anywhere from $1200-$1400 a week, home depot might pay you $7-$8 to occasionally move a box or two, after that it's sweeping the floor and customer service. Good luck and you'll have fun.. more fun than home depot!
Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

lol i appreciate everyones opinion lol. What is a mssc cert and a osha cert. whats the difference
Old 03-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Launching!

WHAT! BRAGGING! Whatever douche bag, You have no clue what you are talking about. The o.p, needs serious information, not home depot information. To the o.p, Driving a forkilft brings damn good money. I would pull anywhere from $1200-$1400 a week, home depot might pay you $7-$8 to occasionally move a box or two, after that it's sweeping the floor and customer service. Good luck and you'll have fun.. more fun than home depot!
Go clean out your vajayjay. "What bragging?" Read your posts...you sound like some kind of forklift driving elitist. lol.

I understand your hatred of Home Depot. Not every forklift operator is capable of interacting with humans, as well as fulfilling the awe inspiring duty of shifting cargo from point A to B.

Edit: How is it that the average forklift operator in Fort Worth makes ~$20k/year...yet you take home more than three times that?

http://www.simplyhired.com/a/salary/...fort+worth,+tx

Last edited by johnlv6; 03-08-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

not to thread hijack but i would LOVE a national forklift competition where there were several different events on forklift skills...I would OWN anyone on this forum with money to bet!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

fork lift ha running a crane is the shizzzznit. I am both forklift and crane cert.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by That_guy
ok what is the mssc cert. is there anything else that i need to know.
I cant explain it on hear I would be on hear typing all day sorry not a good typer. Google MSSC it will give you a couple of Sites to looks at go through and take a look you might like. Its expensive but worth it in the long run. Front line supervisor stuff. I am taking the class now so far it is easy.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill take u on 427.. maybe we can roll race...lol
Old 03-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 427Cya
not to thread hijack but i would LOVE a national forklift competition where there were several different events on forklift skills...I would OWN anyone on this forum with money to bet!
There are some!! Forklift rodeos is what they are called or were!!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Hmmm... You must be a mechanic for pallet jacks or something because if you are not certified for a specific forklift by weight you are not allowed to get on it .I did this for over 9 years so you started when I was certified for everything out there. We now call them dinosaurs!

You crack me up! Yup thats me!! I am sure at some ports of large pipe yards they make make you do that but it is not regulation, Once again 90% of people out there driving forklifts are not "certified" In 6 years of working in the field I have never once been asked for my operators license.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I train the drivers at our warehouse, and what I was taught is that there is no such thing as a forklift driver's license. OSHA requires that each facility show that every driver was given the proper amount of training for the type of equipment the operator uses. So, unless there is another level of specialty training for bigger lifts, like cargo containers or possibly for LTL warehouse (type of transpo warehouse think: YELLOW trucking). then this kinda sounds like a scam. Then again training drivers is not my main function so I may not be 100% correct on this.

That said, forklift driving is not hard if you have any spacial visually ability. It takes practice to get used to is, and much more to get exceptionally well at it. Plus almost all forklift positions are production based, so keep that in mind.

Try to look for a general warehouse job and get trained on someone else's dime. then get as much seat time as you can and go somewhere where they pay you for your (hopefully developed) skills.

Josh

Quick Reply: Forklift operators