If you did not hear yesterday... A Ford GT went 253 mph in the Standing Mile

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Another thing to note that this is NOT a timed event. It's someone sitting with a radar gun... LOL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
Old 03-16-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy all I read was people haten.... Congrats to the Ford GT That thing is rolling out

B
Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Strini SS
Boy all I read was people haten.... Congrats to the Ford GT That thing is rolling out

B
It hauls *** yes, but it's not a real event so why are people so happy like it took out SW's record. If his Lambo was geared right he'd destroy both the GT and his own Supra considering his Lambo just made 1578rwhp...
Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Another thing to note that this is NOT a timed event. It's someone sitting with a radar gun... LOL!
Actually, this is what some people said about the event:

"They use the same **** now. Some complicated Tag Heuer timing system. The first couple of events in Florida, they were using radar guns. No longer."
Old 03-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Launching!

damn that thing is bad hopefully he'll bring it to texas for the mile!!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Hater's gonna hate, who said anything about sw?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Actually, this is what some people said about the event:

"They use the same **** now. Some complicated Tag Heuer timing system. The first couple of events in Florida, they were using radar guns. No longer."
As of the LAST event that was done a few months back it was still a radar gun..... I know because I had a few friends there...
Old 03-16-2010, 10:52 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
damn that thing is bad hopefully he'll bring it to texas for the mile!!!!
They won't. Like most people they won't go head to head with a competing car if they may not be able to repeat the "record" time. Just like some of the cars that have set records but have NEVER made passes since... At least SW can say he's been doing it everytime, not going 220 at full tilt a few months ago then magically picking up 30mph.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

As of the LAST event that was done a few months back it was still a radar gun..... I know because I had a few friends there...
So you had friends there at this last one... the one that just happened?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
duy that wasnt the reponse i was expecting, please do us all a favor and tell us how you really feel, it will make my day pass alot faster at work

thanks - flash20
OK OK..lets have some fun..

for all those confident enough that this car will beat A SUPRA at the Texas mile, lets put a little wager on it!!

PUT your money where your mouth is and hope that neither Tommy or SW bring their supras..
Old 03-16-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Junkie

It hauls *** yes, but it's not a real event so why are people so happy like it took out SW's record. If his Lambo was geared right he'd destroy both the GT and his own Supra considering his Lambo just made 1578rwhp...

All I hear is "If this, if that" no one ever said anything about SW but you....

B
Old 03-16-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

They won't. Like most people they won't go head to head with a competing car if they may not be able to repeat the "record" time. Just like some of the cars that have set records but have NEVER made passes since... At least SW can say he's been doing it everytime, not going 220 at full tilt a few months ago then magically picking up 30mph.

i love it when people jump all over some car that just magically beat some record and then never runs again..they havent even seen some of these car run and believed everything they see on the net..

just like that 7 second 6 speed Viper awhile back..

there is no disputing what SW or Tommy did with their supras..they have gone faster each time they came to the mile and it all been documented..just like SW did with his supra in the 1/4 mile..he went out and ran faster eat time, not just a one hit wonder!!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sc300
OK OK..lets have some fun..

for all those confident enough that this car will beat A SUPRA at the Texas mile, lets put a little wager on it!!

PUT your money where your mouth is and hope that neither Tommy or SW bring their supras..

Well, people wonder why the Supras do so well out there... is because they have 15 years worth of experience to help them achieve those speeds. When the rest of the GT's get together, they will do very well. Good aero, great power, more gearing options. They will be fine.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 AM
8 Second Club

So you had friends there at this last one... the one that just happened?
Please don't tell me you are going to get butt hurt that this may not be a record setting car. There are many factors that can change that. If they won't come do a head to head race with SW then it does mean they won't be able to repeat what they "did". Just like when UGR went 7.9s in their Viper how come it was never close to being repeated, answer me that? But in SW's case he goes out to the track runs multiple 8.0s, some at 190+mph. The same goes with this Ford GT TT, how come it only runs 220mph full tilt a few months back then picks up 32mph all the sudden. It's not that easy and I know you are smart enough to know that dude.

Regardless the real record still lays in the hands of a Busa... 268mph... Though the Ford GT guys are claiming they will do 260+ next time... LOL!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:09 AM
8 Second Club

All I hear is "If this, if that" no one ever said anything about SW but you....

B
Brandon re-read the post. They hint at it when they say "Where are the Supra's now" and guess who owns the fastest Supra and Texas Mile car in the world?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Brandon re-read the post. They hint at it when they say "Where are the Supra's now" and guess who owns the fastest Supra and Texas Mile car in the world?
Regardless, let SW (and Crew) and GT (Crew) hash it out... you just look like a when people simply say the GT is hauling ***....

B
Old 03-16-2010, 11:16 AM
8 Second Club

But for those of you that want to see the record holder (and whoever has a SidexSide) go down you need to come to the offroad portion of the mile. If I am able to make it down there I will be bringing our Polaris RZR and I'm going to be lining it up with every SidexSide down there. Then yours truly will become "King of the Mile"!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:18 AM
8 Second Club

Regardless, let SW (and Crew) and GT (Crew) hash it out... you just look like a when people simply say the GT is hauling ***....

B
Brandon then that goes for anyone who gets in post that talks about LMR, G-Force, etc. when another car is mentioned. In fact I've seen you do it many of times when LMR is mentioned, as I have done it also when Icon, MTI, etc was mentioned. It's called brand loyalty and there is nothing wrong with it. I support SW because the shop that built my car put a ton of R&D into building the fastest verified standing mile car in the world.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Well, people wonder why the Supras do so well out there... is because they have 15 years worth of experience to help them achieve those speeds. When the rest of the GT's get together, they will do very well. Good aero, great power, more gearing options. They will be fine.

im sure they will be fine...but as i remembered..Supras just started doing the mile the same time as the Vipers, vettes, GTs, porches a few years ago..

the lambos are the ones that just started!!

as i'v always said when someone have a new entry for the mile..its better to have more competition out there..i actually got tired of seeing Supras win!!

i know i always run my mouth for the supras with alot of you guys on this site and others, but i actually enjoy all types of fast cars..thats why i've own vettes, my current viper, and supra!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:44 AM
8 Second Club

I want to see a Lambo up top. They own the 60-130 market right now with a 3.5sec pass. They are amazing cars!