Old School BMX Hutch bikes/parts needed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

candy apple red Redline here with matching wheels and snakebelly tires. I also had a team Mongoose at one point. I would love to have one again nowdays. Bikes are cool. Me and my friend pretended were were Ponch and John back in 1982 lol. We also had a coulpe of chrome diamondbacks. Oh such good times!!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by boostnificent
I always rode a Haro. I remember getting a Haro Master the first year they came out in 1984.

Hey speaking of 80's BMX stuff. Does anyone know where I could get a DVD copy of RAD? I have looked every where for one.
I bought one off ebay a couple of years ago and the quality sucks. It's like someone recorded it off their 25 year old VHS copy that had already been played 150 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Did anyone skate in the 80's?

I road a Hosoi Hammerhead with Tracker trucks and OJ II wheels. I still have this board (not mine pictured).

Last edited by -Ross-; 03-17-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Launching!

I just bought this bike a few months ago and love it. way more fun than a mountian bike.

http://www.harobikes.com/bmx/bikes/c...s/pro-race-24/

I skated in the 80's also and have been thinking about trying it again. just for exercise.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

I Have a DVD copy of Rad, my girl brought it for my a few years ago for V-Day best gift ever....(great quailty) we found it on-line for sale. I know they have it out the for people to burn, a buddy of mune was watching last week.

I skated alot in the 80's, skated a "NATAS" deck, and yes thats "SATAN" spelled backwards....lol I may pick another one up just to have....

SoCalskateshop sells tons of 80's boards....

B
Old 03-17-2010, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I bought one off ebay a couple of years ago and the quality sucks. It's like someone recorded it off their 25 year old VHS copy that had already been played 150 times.
That's what I was afraid of and why I haven't bought one online.

I skated then too. I rode alot of Vision and Powell Peralta stuff. Like a Psyco Stick is one I remember.
Attached Thumbnails Old School BMX Hutch bikes/parts needed!-31zdsj0dhel__sl500_aa280_.jpg  
Old 03-17-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by boostnificent
That's what I was afraid of and why I haven't bought one online.

I skated then too. I rode alot of Vision and Powell Peralta stuff. Like a Psyco Stick is one I remember.
My good friend had a Psycho Stick.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I still have my first BMX bike, planned on restoring it someday. Mongoose "Supergoose". Its in rough shape now but the frame is very good.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Launching!

I see someone already mentioned BMXmuseum.com. They also have a decent forum and for sale section.

Supergoose! That is what a few friends from my old neighorhood had. A few other friends had a Haro Master, CW California Freestyler, Diamonback, Redline Proline, GT Performer. That and when I was really young, all the wheelie kings were on Schwinn Stingrays with BMX style bars and seats. Probably the best bike for wheelies that I have ever ridden. When I was in my teens my sister moved near Norman Ok. I had the oppurtunity to ride at Matt Hoffman's house. He wasn't even a pro then but was on a full sponsorship from Skyway. Even got a bit of air off the old Mountain Dew Trick Team ramp! Fun Times.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apexman
I see someone already mentioned BMXmuseum.com. They also have a decent forum and for sale section.

Supergoose! That is what a few friends from my old neighorhood had. A few other friends had a Haro Master, CW California Freestyler, Diamonback, Redline Proline, GT Performer. That and when I was really young, all the wheelie kings were on Schwinn Stingrays with BMX style bars and seats. Probably the best bike for wheelies that I have ever ridden. When I was in my teens my sister moved near Norman Ok. I had the oppurtunity to ride at Matt Hoffman's house. He wasn't even a pro then but was on a full sponsorship from Skyway. Even got a bit of air off the old Mountain Dew Trick Team ramp! Fun Times.
I always thought the Schwinn stingray with banana seat and ape hangers were the easiest to wheelie. I still amuse my kids and thier friends by wheeling my Trek mountain bike all the way down my street.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Junkie

When I was home over Christmas break I saw that my parents had kept my old Redline ProLine and my Haro from when I was a kid. I used to race BMX all the time out at RoadRunner.

But now that I live in Colorado I'm about to get a killer deal on some Dynastar Big Trouble Ski's and some Nordica Hot Rod Boots.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:28 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
I know its not car related and probably spinning my wheels, but I am looking for some old BMX Hutch bikes/Parts that you guys might have laying around collecting dust. Really want any Trick Star's or Pro Star's, but will look at anything in the parts available. Pk Ripper's or Phaze 1's also welcome.
I have a Hutch Pro Racer that I was about to post up on eBay. Alot of Hutch parts on it too.

I'll try to get some pics posted up soon.

~ Craig
Old 04-02-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was just talking about these bikes...I have my Diamondback Formula 1 with Robinson bars 1.5 rims and a Uni mini seat...weighs 15 lbs... I might have to dig it out the attic.... hell I still have my vision gator board...
Old 04-05-2010, 04:36 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have an old PK Ripper. I called SE Racing on it, and gave them the serial number on it. They were like "wow that bike is old". Apparently the frame is very early 80's. Its an old frame with some old and some new parts. I take it out for a spin from time to time.

Quick Reply: Old School BMX Hutch bikes/parts needed!