Anyone Know This 2000 SS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone Know This 2000 SS?

Buddy of mine is going to look at it sometime this week and he wants me to go. Just wanted to know if anyone from the Katy area knows this car or the owner? Here's the ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...f1bf1d38#v4-36

If you know please let me know. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

never seen the car but from the pics it looks like its leaking oil or some thing.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

Really? I didn't notice the ground lol. Well i will be going over there with him to help him look at it. I know the LS1 motor but im not familiar with its leaks. Basically the timing chain cover i need to look at and around the oil pan correct? I know LT1's are famous for rear and front seal leaks.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
never seen the car but from the pics it looks like its leaking oil or some thing.
I think the owner had probably just washed it and water was just dripping. It it is all the way around the outer edges of the car.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldnt pay more than the $9,000 hes asking. Ask him what the "SLP package" consists of. I dont even see SLP lowering springs, but then again I dont even remember what SLP options were available back then.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boostnificent
I think the owner had probably just washed it and water was just dripping. It it is all the way around the outer edges of the car.
+1 look at where the spots are as they are only near the edges of the car in every pic. Even the tail pipes.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

this is a famous move for selling a used car on over the internet!! i would usually park it in some very very green ( so wet spots wouldnt show and a good color contrast for the black car)thats nicely trimmed. Wet down the car real good...it makes it look perfect(paint wise). its just a trick he picked up. the paint might be in great shape given its low miles but how many of you have ever washed a black or dark colored car and got it clean but it was still wet and you backed up and said "damn, i wish my car always looked like this!"?
Old 03-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Pics could be from 2000...lol. I'm pretty sure those are hard copies that he scanned in.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

The autocheck shows alaska as its purchase location....
Old 03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

Thats my old car.. my brother listed it on ebay.. He has been driving it the last year or so .. The car is in great shape it is barley driven..

i bought the car bone stock.. my plan was to turn it into a Head cam car and then eventually into something more.. but then i found the car in my sig and couldnt pass it up.. so the car has just been used to drive around town every once in a while.. my brother always kept it clean and the oil changed..

and i have NO idea why it shows alaska as purchase location??

i know it doesn't leak any fluids and it drives great

and i dono what he meant by SLP Package.. as far as i know its a Fully loaded 2000 SS
but it didnt have any add-ons like the loudmouth exhaust or anything like that
Old 03-24-2010, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by who281
Thats my old car.. my brother listed it on ebay.. He has been driving it the last year or so .. The car is in great shape it is barley driven..

i bought the car bone stock.. my plan was to turn it into a Head cam car and then eventually into something more.. but then i found the car in my sig and couldnt pass it up.. so the car has just been used to drive around town every once in a while.. my brother always kept it clean and the oil changed..

and i have NO idea why it shows alaska as purchase location??

i know it doesn't leak any fluids and it drives great

and i dono what he meant by SLP Package.. as far as i know its a Fully loaded 2000 SS
but it didnt have any add-ons like the loudmouth exhaust or anything like that

Good to hear. My buddy told me the reason for the sell was Med School? Also it says he added on borla exhaust and kooks LT's and a ported and polished TB. Is this true? I mean i will find out when i go look at with him, but just want to verify with you.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
Good to hear. My buddy told me the reason for the sell was Med School? Also it says he added on borla exhaust and kooks LT's and a ported and polished TB. Is this true? I mean i will find out when i go look at with him, but just want to verify with you.
Ya my brother is headed off to Med school in less than 2 months now i think.

And ya its got a Borla, Kooks LT's and a P&P throttle body also an MTI air lid.. and all that and the new tires have like almost no miles on them..

Let me know if u have any other ?'s but im sure my brother knows just about everything about the car.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Dirty 30;13073402]I wouldnt pay more than the $9,000 hes asking.[QUOTE] Why do you say that?
Old 03-24-2010, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by who281
Ya my brother is headed off to Med school in less than 2 months now i think.

And ya its got a Borla, Kooks LT's and a P&P throttle body also an MTI air lid.. and all that and the new tires have like almost no miles on them..

Let me know if u have any other ?'s but im sure my brother knows just about everything about the car.
Did he ever get a dyno tune? You would need to with those LT headers i would assume.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1x2
Pics could be from 2000...lol. I'm pretty sure those are hard copies that he scanned in.
No ****, between the crap pictures, messed up head lights and taking pictures with the car wet, I wouldn't bid till you saw it in person.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
No ****, between the crap pictures, messed up head lights and taking pictures with the car wet, I wouldn't bid till you saw it in person.
woah woah woah lol the pictures look like that because ebay sucks.. every time he tried to load the pictures they came out like shitt.. they always come out dark and grainy? dono why.. and what the hell is wrong with the headlights??
Old 03-24-2010, 09:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've never had that issue with e-bay, I would be pissed since those dick heads make you pay for additional pictures and wont let you link to out side sources. The head lights look pretty cloudy, kinda typical.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I've never had that issue with e-bay, I would be pissed since those dick heads make you pay for additional pictures and wont let you link to out side sources. The head lights look pretty cloudy, kinda typical.
hmm my brother says he always has problems with pics on ebay.. maybe its cause we have macs?? lol i dono.. and yea im sure the headlights are a lil cloudy.. but nothing a little sanding wouldn't fix... and i think i actually have a spare set of headlights! if i find those ill throw em in haha