DirecTV tech needed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DirecTV tech needed!

I upgraded my dish and receiver to HD at the house and I cannot get any signal. I need 2 B-Band converters and probably a tech to come aim my dish for me. I aimed it using a signal strength meter and got a strong signal on the meter but still nothing on the receiver. Yes the account has HD programming on it. I'm S.E. of Houston in League City/Friendswood.

I have been having trouble finding a tech to do this on the side and do not want to go through customer service. Help please!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lots of views but no responses. Come on guys, I know somebody here knows a DirecTV installer that needs a little side money! My wife wants her DVR back so she can watch her stories!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slow96z
lots of views but no responses. Come on guys, I know somebody here knows a DirecTV installer that needs a little side money! My wife wants her DVR back so she can watch her stories!
Get a compass and call them as I had the same issue. Had a tech on the phone walk me thru the elevation and inclination I needed and you can get the signal strength from your menu on the DVR. Just have a buddy shout to you the signal for each satellite.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hope this helps out...

http://houston.craigslist.org/sks/1632721534.html
Old 03-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Sounds like the strength was not strong enough to lock in your HD receiver. I had the same issue when I got my HD DVR. They had to come out 3 times to try and get me locked in. They told me the initial alignment they need to align the system needs to be done a clear non windy day in order to get it dialed up. Sure enough when the clouds parted they were able to get me locked and loaded. After that it was all smooth sailing...
Old 03-24-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That helped a lot, he's supposed to be coming tonight. I have been all over Craigslist looking for an installer and never saw this ad, I wonder why. I was getting frustrated because all of the guys I called on there acted like they had better things to do or were just total douchebags. It turned out that most of the ads I found were the same 2 guys just posting over and over again.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slow96z
That helped a lot, he's supposed to be coming tonight. I have been all over Craigslist looking for an installer and never saw this ad, I wonder why. I was getting frustrated because all of the guys I called on there acted like they had better things to do or were just total douchebags. It turned out that most of the ads I found were the same 2 guys just posting over and over again.
Awesome, hope you get everything worked out dude!
You will love HD.