Beaches on the Gulf

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cptncdy
My family and I used to stay at Port Royal when i was a kid and it was pretty cool. From what I understand, it still is a popular place for families. My sister and brother-in-law stayed there last summer.
X2 here. My family owns a condo at La Mirage (Two Condos over from Port Royal) Port Royal is a really nice place but might be really pricey ie. $500 a night if you want to cut that in half look at La Mirage just my .02 They have two pools a family one and a "deep" one board walk to the beach just like Port Royal, Sauna, Jacuzzi's, BBQ area etc. If Port Royal is in your budget then by all means hit it up you won't be dissapointed if not La Mirage is a fine condo as well. Enjoy!

PS. If you stay on the beach access roads you will be fine in a car....When it gets deep it will tell you (4x4 recommended beyond this point etc) Don't be worried about a lil sand
Old 04-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

Crystal beach is pretty nice. On that same road as you travel northbound there is alot of new beach area thanks to that huricane.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

i live here in lake jackson right by galveston and freeport, and honestly... galveston is nice for a day or so.. but if your coming down for a weekend. go to surfside beach in freeport and get a beach house or camp out on the beach, its been nice past couple weekends. but i wouldnt recommend coming easter weekend, its raining friday and sunday
Old 04-01-2010, 02:59 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks again guys we will be coming in early May i think.
We have a 4x4 Yukon so that shouldnt be a problem either.

Thanks for all the input.