updated---im taking fox16 to court now!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
He said first of all twice in his first run on sentence, therefor you know he is lying. Make him give your money back.

Lol
exactly what i was thinking
Old 03-31-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

He bought it as is with the understanding that it was in good shape. You can tell very easily from those three pictures, that it has a spun bearing. That bearing is fucked. If I were the seller, I would refund the money, take the motor back, and cut my losses. I highly doubt anybody would want to buy that motor with a spun bearing.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
He said first of all twice in his first run on sentence, therefor you know he is lying. Make him give your money back.

Lol
haha, guess I'm not the only one that noticed.

Anyways, with a bearing spun like that there is no way in hell you couldn't tell. You're oil pressure would be all over the place and extremely low, plus it would sound like a diesel. Sure we have piston slap, but hardly with an iron block.

He may have bought it as is, but there is no way that short block will last another 1k miles if it even runs at all. That's just being optimistic.

Did you try turning it free hand before you gave him cash?

Last edited by redz_02; 03-31-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 69gto96z
He bought it as is with the understanding that it was in good shape. You can tell very easily from those three pictures, that it has a spun bearing. That bearing is fucked. If I were the seller, I would refund the money, take the motor back, and cut my losses. I highly doubt anybody would want to buy that motor with a spun bearing.
i will for $50 ?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Well how much do core blocks go for?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Why would you not want to buy it cranks are cheap, so are rods.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

The only way to resolve this issue is to refund the money or pay for the machine work.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

I say take the motor back to him, get your money back and never deal with him again.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fox16
u put me on blast in a public forum bad mouth and talk ****????? seriously???? you inspected the motor at my house while it was on a lift and bought it as is. im not here to **** you over or screw u and i am doin wat i can to get the issue fixed......
The way to fix it is to give him his money back.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by THE SHOP
Why would you not want to buy it cranks are cheap, so are rods.
I only paid $300.00 for my iron block and it was in good shape.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

Sumbodies gonna get an *** WHOOPIN, Bygod (Roy DAM Mercer)
Old 03-31-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

Someone knew that motor was bad went they were selling it.
If I were you, I would be rolling some heads. Fox16 needs to either, pony up the cash and take the motor back, or get the guy a new crank, rod and bearing set.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn kasey, sorry about this situation.. that dude needs to realize your side of the field and refund that money. thats bull****
Old 03-31-2010, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

REFUND the money and sell it again as is with a CORRECT detailed ad.

Whats so hard about that???
Old 03-31-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by fox16
this thing has almost 8k on it and was in perfect working order today before i stated taking the motor out of the car i want 600$ for it.....it has stock internals in it only reason im taking it out is i got a hell of a deal on a new motor

the motor is 346 cubic inches and will come with a stock cam....no intake or heads or acc...... for an extra 150$ i have a set of solid comp lifters and adjustable roller rockers that can go with it
fox this is quoted directly from your sale thread the only right thing to do is give the guy a full refund, you said it was in perfect working order and its not.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Am I the only one who thinks this is extremely childish? You bought something, you learn that it is damaged, so you try to call him back. He didn't answer, so within just a few hours, you post on a public forum, calling him out, calling him all sorts of names, you start threatening him, and then magically apologize. I mean, come on, is this how adults handle their business these days? Am I missing something here?

I would agree with everyone else and say that if it was advertised as perfect working condition, and it wasn't, you should get your money back. I'm not taking sides or anything, but jesus, don't you think you could have handled it a little better?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by halo_damnation
Am I the only one who thinks this is extremely childish? You bought something, you learn that it is damaged, so you try to call him back. He didn't answer, so within just a few hours, you post on a public forum, calling him out, calling him all sorts of names, you start threatening him, and then magically apologize. I mean, come on, is this how adults handle their business these days? Am I missing something here?

I would agree with everyone else and say that if it was advertised as perfect working condition, and it wasn't, you should get your money back. I'm not taking sides or anything, but jesus, don't you think you could have handled it a little better?
I wouldnt apologize for anything! He stated something was in perfect working order and there is no way the seller couldn't tell there was a problem. My guess is he and his friends had a good laugh when he drove off with the motor. The only solution is to give the guy his money back.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:19 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by halo_damnation

well i agree it's childish, but within 45 mins of picking the motor up & not being able to get a hold of him i felt like i had gotten cheated (on purpose)....what would you do? i was upset at the time & that's the only thing i could think of to get some kind of response out of him...which worked btw. the only reason i apologized was bc he said he had been asleep & that's why i couldn't reach him (despite all his friends were there drinking when i left). regardless as to how it was handled, he did respond AFTER the post & hopefully he will do the right thing. you try losing $600 & see if you think rationally...
Old 03-31-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any word yet Kasey?

Only thing for fox16 to do is refund the money!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

This couldn't be more simple. The deal should be reversed. If it's not, I don't feel sorry for the seller if bad things happen. Even if it was an honest mistake, he's not exactly jumping in to make it right.

Quick Reply: updated---im taking fox16 to court now!!