I blew it.. Whats the car worth? PICS added pg 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I blew it.. Whats the car worth? PICS added pg 2

So I had some internal noise issues which led me to believe it was a lifter or bent push rod. Well turns out it was worse.. I ended up picking up pieces of a rod and piston off the highway and a huge hole staring at the ground from the oil pan I've spent so much hard earned time and money into this car and i'm done! I'm gonna sell it but don't know what to ask for it.
The body is a 95 Z28 hardtop with a 98 LS1 transplant, wiring by speartech. auto tranny was rebuilt a year ago, 3:73 gears in the rear end, loudmouth, hooker longtubes, off road y pipe, harwood cowl induction, 18" black Z06 wheels with 70% tread on some Nittos, very straight body that needs paint on the bumpers, great looking charcoal/red stock interior, perfect dash pad, eibachs, new oil pump, timing chain/sprockets, braided stainless steel tranny lines w/cooler, ls7 lifters, new pushrods, lots of new gaskets/bolts, TCI flexplate, NGK plugs w/ msd wires, old school 69 badges........ obviously lots of **** and im sure i missed alot.... Pic is in my avatar.. The car is ready for another LS1 to just drop in and drive. I was thinking around $2,000- $2,500... good deal? or should i ask more? less? Tried to state as much as the car has to get a good idea for a price. thanks

Last edited by blackesteyes8696; 04-05-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats sucks man. Sorry to hear!! I hope you get something back for your hard work!! Im not sure how much its worth .. but I'm pretty sure 2k is dirt cheap for your car that just needs a new motor. I see rollers going for that. You sure you dont want to just fix it? Let yourself vent a little
Old 04-01-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I got my 99 Z28 with a spun connecting rod bearing for $4k last summer. Just in case you want something to compare against!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

Man just get a decent LS1 or go bigger and put in a lq4 or 9.

Or if you really want to sell it still, drop in a stock LS1. Wouldent cost much and would probably double the amount you can get for the car.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dont leave us!
get another LS!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand your frustration, and wanting to sell a car after dropping alot of time and money into a car never to be rewarded. I have been there, and done that.

If I were you, I would at least drop in a cheap junkyard iron block, and get it running. It won't cost much money, but mostly just your time. You would make more money on selling it this way.

As it sits, I would value it right where you did. But I am telling you, just drop in a truck motor and get at least double that.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're better off dropping in another motor. You can get alot more money for a car that drives.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

honestly? the hell with this car. Im tired of spending money on something that keeps breaking. I just dont want to turn another wrench on it because i JUST got through doing an oil pump, timing chain and sprockets, lifters and pushrods. Screw this piece of ****
Old 04-03-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol sounds like uve just had a bad string of luck. but trust me your never done wrenching on a high perf/modded car. its just the way the game is played.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
lol sounds like uve just had a bad string of luck. but trust me your never done wrenching on a high perf/modded car. its just the way the game is played.
you dont even know the half of it. I feel like i ruined a perfectly good LT1. The stock LT1 had ZERO issues and i was convinced that me and a buddy could do the swap. But the ****** had too many issues after i dropped it in.. Sensors started going bad left and right, car was in limp mode and trashed a tranny, alt batt & starter went out, tranny lines leaked constantly, etc.... this car has definately left a sour taste in my mouth as far as hot rodding goes. I'd be just fine to jump in a stock LT1/LS1 and call it even.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackesteyes8696
honestly? the hell with this car. Im tired of spending money on something that keeps breaking. I just dont want to turn another wrench on it because i JUST got through doing an oil pump, timing chain and sprockets, lifters and pushrods. Screw this piece of ****
The value of the car just dropped after this post. LOL
I'm sure someone will pick it up for a project car in no time at all.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

What there saying is if your going to sell it, swap in a stock ls1 or lt1 and sell it that way, otherwise you wont make **** for money. you can more than double your profit if you just take the weekend to drop a stock motor in. A days work is well worth a few thousand dollars.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z06Nut
The value of the car just dropped after this post. LOL
I'm sure someone will pick it up for a project car in no time at all.
I really could care less honestly. Its the motor thats jacked up, not the whole damn car. And yes it will make somebody a good project car. The project for me is officially closed. Interior is good. body good. tranny and rear end good. Somebody will get a great car and i dont care if im losing money. I'll lose even more when i cant even afford a junkyard motor for it right now and i cant let it stay wheres it broke down. i know i'll get more money if its running but i dont have the money to get it there. Im cutting my loses now. All i asked was how much is it worth. thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well i mean i feel you...i went through the same **** with my old mustang. and i said **** it and dumped it for 1500 with a hand full of bent valves and a whole laundry list of other nickel and dime problems.

if you have a good paying job then yeah i could see justifying selling it as is. cuz i did, then picked up my camaro like 6 months later for 11.3k, paid for it in cash. probably one of the best moments of my life.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
well i mean i feel you...i went through the same **** with my old mustang. and i said **** it and dumped it for 1500 with a hand full of bent valves and a whole laundry list of other nickel and dime problems.

if you have a good paying job then yeah i could see justifying selling it as is. cuz i did, then picked up my camaro like 6 months later for 11.3k, paid for it in cash. probably one of the best moments of my life.
Yeah thats the problem. i dont have a job currently and im stuck in a small town with very little options. Also have two kiddos to look after as well.. the car is the least of my worries considering i have another vehicle to drive around. Very misfortunate for this to happen but thats what i get for buying something i had a bad feeling over in the first place.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:25 AM
TECH Resident

ill give you 500 bucks
Old 04-04-2010, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

Pm me some details and pictures. I might be buying somthing this upcoming week for a project.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:41 AM
TECH Addict

shoot me the details and some contact info. got a buyer!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
shoot me the details and some contact info. got a buyer!

I think you have enough lt1 cars with ls1's. I will go ahead and get this one. You jump on the next. Haha
Old 04-04-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackesteyes8696
you dont even know the half of it. I feel like i ruined a perfectly good LT1. The stock LT1 had ZERO issues and i was convinced that me and a buddy could do the swap. But the ****** had too many issues after i dropped it in.. Sensors started going bad left and right, car was in limp mode and trashed a tranny, alt batt & starter went out, tranny lines leaked constantly, etc.... this car has definately left a sour taste in my mouth as far as hot rodding goes. I'd be just fine to jump in a stock LT1/LS1 and call it even.
You sure the issues with the car aren't from the people that did the swap?

Quick Reply: I blew it.. Whats the car worth? PICS added pg 2