Anyone in Seabrook area maybe help me out

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in Seabrook area maybe help me out

So I had my engine rebuilt at a shop..make a long story short already had to take it back a few times...I need someone to help me look at it...my lifters are tapping pretty bad and I need to know of a shop around here that maybe could help me look at it to see what there honest opinion would be about the rebuild, cause I am gonna probably take this guy to court. One of my problems, the put a crack in my power steering resiv. and the guy told me he would get me a new one..week later yesterday I picked up the car...I was in a hurry for work so couldnt check car out before I left but later found out this guy just patched up the resiv. WTF. Just could use a bit of help. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:35 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by vestalsin
So I had my engine rebuilt at a shop..make a long story short already had to take it back a few times...I need someone to help me look at it...my lifters are tapping pretty bad and I need to know of a shop around here that maybe could help me look at it to see what there honest opinion would be about the rebuild, cause I am gonna probably take this guy to court. One of my problems, the put a crack in my power steering resiv. and the guy told me he would get me a new one..week later yesterday I picked up the car...I was in a hurry for work so couldnt check car out before I left but later found out this guy just patched up the resiv. WTF. Just could use a bit of help. Thanks.

A lil more info. What kind of car motor ect.... I live 5 mins from Seabrook.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Its a 94 Camaro Z-28 5.7 liter. The engine had 214000 miles on it and finally started going out, so I took it to a shop that was supposed to be good. That was the end of Jan. I finally got it back sometime in March...yeah I know..well anyway, I took it home and could hear the lifters were tapping bad..also I asked the guy to put on a few parts I had bought. Headers, ported intake, and told him to put in a cc305 in the car, I did some research and found that was the best bet for me as I wanted to pass emissions and not have to tune the computer really. I know its good to do it with that cc but was told it wasent needed. So anyway, he said he didnt put the cam in cause I needed to tune the computer...I told him he didnt have to but he said I did, anyway he did it on his own without even letting me know..Also, my brakes were ok when I put the car in the shop, but when I got it, the I had no pressure. So the guys tried to bleed the brakes and found a busted line on pass. side. Also my power steering pump resivoir was cracked...which it wasnt before. So I take the car back the following monday and the guy said he would fix it all...about week and half later..I got it, and he told me he put on a new brake line and would be getting a new resv. soon, and adjusted the lifters...Started driving with it and yet again....tap tap tap...over the weekend my brakes went out...SO I took it back again and told him everything wrong...now Im not a mechanic, but im not stupid either, I know a litte bit about cars...He told me that he replaced the drivers side brake line...yeah, I told him it was the pass. he goes really well that side was leaking too...and he told me he would find me a new resv. Anyway..got my car back yesterday..tap tap tap still, found out that he patched the old resiv. even though the whole week he kept telling me he was waiting on it to come in. Brakes work but I have to step all the way down on pedal..Im about to find out if he put in the new opti that I bought. Yeah he told me my opti was going out, I figured I would get one anyway just since the engine was open..I replaced it my self a while back and didnt want to have to do it again...also I bought a new clutch for it. He bought pistons stock for my car during rebuild and charged me like 400 for them..I went online and found performance ones for cheaper. I can tell you my car seemed to run before when it was stock..and for what I have put in to the car it should be running alot better..he told me he put in a cc274 or something like that..have it written down somewhere...I pretty much bent over and took it hard from this guy...I need to do a compression check to see if he even did anything to the motor...also even though he tells me he did, it looks like I still have the same spark plugs in my car...I know this is alot of info and is better said in person, but I just dont know what to do, I already paid for everything and if I tell the guy off than he can just tell me to go f myself cause he was already paid...All I wanted was for my car to be better than stock and not have to worry about the engine for a while, it still is my daily driver and I was without a car for sometime...had to use wifes car while she used her fathers other car...anyway let me know what you think.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Teching In

bump for day
Old 04-12-2010, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Drive it up to G-Force and let them survey the work. They are honest and will get you in and out with the answers you want.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Alright cool, thanks. Hey I think I saw you in Kemah, saturday night...If its you I was the purplish 94 Z-28 just behind you to the left...
Old 04-12-2010, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Alright cool, thanks. Hey I think I saw you in Kemah, saturday night...If its you I was the purplish 94 Z-28 just behind you to the left...
Oh nice. Yeah we were out there. You should say hi next time. I am always down for meeting members and shooting the breeze. I couldn't stay long because we had some reserved seats at the bar for the UFC fight. LOL
Old 04-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Alright cool, will do...yeah my car looks like a pos right now lol...been trying to slowly redo it...just having problems with this repair shop at the moment. But yeah I will probably be there next sat. I will say hi if I see you.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah g-force will be able to help you out man. they always do me and my cars right.

btw look for me at kemah, i'm always looking for more f-body ppl to hang out with.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Just curious as to what shop it was?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Teching In

I will Brian. And Thanks. Well untill I get this all settled I dont wanna name the shop...just in case. Anybody happen to have a resivoir for a power steering pump on a 94 Z? And maybe a MAF sensor?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

try surfin the classifieds. you'd be surprised what you can find.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

I will Brian. And Thanks. Well untill I get this all settled I dont wanna name the shop...just in case. Anybody happen to have a resivoir for a power steering pump on a 94 Z? And maybe a MAF sensor?
I have a Mass Air sensor that ill let go for 30.00
Old 04-13-2010, 03:51 PM
8 Sec Tuner

We dont work on LT1's sorry....
Old 04-13-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

^oh ****. i didn't know that...probly cuz i don't own an lt1

sorry OP.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

You paid him to fix your car, which he did not. He offered his services and you paid him for what he TOLD you he would do. As long as you have receipts and you're not satisfied, you can work him like a puppet.

Make this guy do everything he promised and NOW. Otherwise, take his *** to court and get you some.