Its monday and i'm bored at work

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:36 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Well since you asked about the weekend, I spent all day Sat and Sun cleaning up and getting the house ready for sale. I never knew how much stuff can compile in a short time. With all the declutter going on I had to put the ZR1 on the trailer and it sits outside right now til I can make some room in my apartment garage to store it for a few months. I keep telling myself this is the last damn time I move, it sux.

There is 3 words you never want to read in one paragraph!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^agreed.

for today im thinking whether i want to spend thousands on a new fuel system and long block and th400 swap or take a time out from the car to buy a new truck, but on the side im really craving a new Barrett .50cal, all the shooting this weekend really made me want a gun that is truly diabolical and ive always wanted a 50. and then theres a little bit of regret in that i blew almost a thousand bucks on ammo and targets.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:32 PM

Yes, you need to get something to beat all these vettes running around Houston these days...

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Then I also think a lot that maybe I am getting bored with the Porsche and that it's time for something new, but now that I am a home owner my portion of the salary that can go for a new car is very small compared to what it use to be. I don't hate my car one bit, but I really do want something different now because I need a new territory to dominate in. Maybe a Lambo will be in my future in the next few years, but we will have to see.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:52 PM
9 Second Club

my thought is....RC, you're crazy

Id get the lambo, or fgt to underground ASAP.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Been saying it for years....Real race cars have three pedals. Put a 6 speed in and go get SW for round two.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

RC, punt the C6 and get the FGT that you know you want.

I'd take a bone stock FGT over a 2,000 hp Corvette.

As for my weekend, I played golf on Saturday. Enjoyed some time out with my family on Sunday. Didn't lift a wrench or surf the net much at all.

As for car thoughts, I'm contemplating the mods for the Z06 for Hotrod Power Tour. I might end up being the weird guy with three new GM cars that are all gray and all have supercharged LS engines in them. I think I enjoy my car A-D-D, I don't think I could be happy just modding one car to the max anymore. I kinda prefer having multiple slower ones instead

Tony
Old 04-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BADZ
Yes, you need to get something to beat all these vettes running around Houston these days...
Old 04-20-2010, 01:30 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADZ
shiiiiiiit!! If LP will let me borrow the Vette I'll do some Vette on Vette crime at the 1320!

I'm already counting down till this weekend. Though I'm not even sure what I want to do yet LOL!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:59 PM
RCC
On The Tree

I hear what everyone is saying about getting a lambo or a FGT. I'm just not ready to ditch the vette yet. I figure the motor is already built as stout as one can be built, so I'm going to do a turbo kit that will properly feed the motor. I mean hell I replaced everything on the car in preperation for making big power and running with the fastest of the fast. The lambos and FGT's are becoming more of a normal thing at the big hp events so I am going to keep what I have and try to outrun the big guys with a vette.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of Ford GTs, this one is hot. I like them w/o the stripes.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RCC I really think you need to take the car to texas-mile (after T6060 of course) it will be awesome to see LSX Car run 245+mph with all the Supras/FordGTs and TT Gallardos.

Just a thought.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:35 PM
it is on low boost

My thoughts today... I really want to build the motor in the Porsche soon, but I also want to do a patio at the house, and my yard does really need to be resodded and a sprinkler system needs to go in. Mainly because I am lazy to go water ever day. Then I need to redo my flower beds because my house looks like I'm the worst home owner in the neighborhood. Bah damn priorities... Guess the Porsche will have to wait till later this summer. At the moment I'm fighting off a tank of bad gas. What I thought was the fuel pump was still just as originally though... Bad gas...

Then I also think a lot that maybe I am getting bored with the Porsche and that it's time for something new, but now that I am a home owner my portion of the salary that can go for a new car is very small compared to what it use to be. I don't hate my car one bit, but I really do want something different now because I need a new territory to dominate in. Maybe a Lambo will be in my future in the next few years, but we will have to see.
+1 on what Powell said...
Old 04-20-2010, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
There is 3 words you never want to read in one paragraph!

U are right Mike, the garage at my apartmet(even though it is a 2 car) isno place for the ZR1, but it is all I have for now

And Shelby08, thanks for the offer, but I might not get it back...lol
Old 04-20-2010, 04:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe a turbo SN-95 Cobra will be in my future in the next few years, but we will have to see.
Fixed for you
Old 04-20-2010, 05:53 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Fixed for you
Dude I want to build another race car so bad, just to get into any class would be sooooo expensive now

Though I'm torn between another SN-95 or a 99-04 Body Style if I ever did because those look sooooooo sexy with 2x Big Frames sitting in the front of it!!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Banned

Monday was crazy trying to close on my new house in dripping springs. Bought a daily driver since I ruined my two others (bagged 09 dually and now drag 02 vette). So I'm getting a small 335i two door BMW to beat around in.

Rcc I think the bigger turbo six speed car is a really good idea but what clutch? The rps tripple carbon. That thing is ungodly expensive.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:15 PM
8 Second Club

Tilton Triple or Quad (probably quad for your goals)... Best money can buy and it WILL hold the power! I have a Tilton Triple in my car and it is probably the BEST clutch I've ever driven/owned.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Originally Posted by venom ws7
RCC I really think you need to take the car to texas-mile (after T6060 of course) it will be awesome to see LSX Car run 245+mph with all the Supras/FordGTs and TT Gallardos.

Just a thought.
You will soon see a LSX powered car go 260+ at the mile. I will give a hint. When we were just there we saw 6800and change rpm with a .74 fifth gear, 3.0 rear gear and a 28" tall tire. If your good with numbers you can figure out the mph. When I am done with RC's new setup EVERYONE is in trouble on the highway.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Banned

I forgot tilton clutches. Probably more on the side Powell on that.

I have seen a air conditioned tranny cooler it taps in to factory ac lines. An it's not some cheesy item it was almost 1000 but I see how it would work very well. Just need a better condenser and fan
Old 04-20-2010, 06:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Oh and the rps triple carbon has held 1800 plus for me. Not sure how long its gonna last but it looked great when i pulled it out. That was not being "drag raced ofcourse.