Teen Werewolves

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MissTransAm
<nerd rant>

"Rennie" Geek Lesson:

The tails are worn with Garb (1) at Rennaissance Faires and are actually a Rennie (2) tradition. If you research "Rennie" culture and customs, you'll see that most Rennies have at least one tail that they pair with their Garb. If you're wearing them with normal clothes, though, then yes, you're crazy! lol.

1 - Garb: Period appropriate attire (or costumes) worn by avid Renaissance Festival playtrons (aka "Rennies") and participants (Ex: King Richard, The Bellydancers, Jousting Knights, etc) while in attendance at any given Faire.

2 - Rennie: A person who is not actually employed by the Renaissance Faire that they attend, and is in no way compensated or rewarded for dressing up in Garb while at a Faire. Rennies are people who are usually History buffs, Sci Fi Nerds, etc, and love to dress as Pirates, Gypsies, Historically-accurate Nobility, etc. Rennies usually camp at the Faires they attend (TRF is the best example), and have huge bonfires with active loud music, dancing, and an overabundance of alcohol (including "Loki" which is a Rennie drink- basically any flavor imaginable mixed with Everclear)

- I, for example, have a pirate outfit (corset, skirt, daggers, flintlock, boots and hat)and wear a fox tail on my belt in the back (moreso to keep my skirt from flying up in the wind!), along with my flask of Rum I have a few friends that like wearing more than one tail, but for me, more than one is tacky.

So yeah..

There's your geek lesson of the day

</nerd rant>
yeah my sister is a rennie. she also does ampguard(sp?) and dagorhir. she's also worked for nasa, was a nuclear reactor technician for the navy, and now writes code for the DoD. so that ^kind of stuff is fairly acceptable, this teen wolf **** is just retarded. and rennie's are more history buffs than anything which is also very normal.

Wow,

Yeah, that's nuts. I agree, their parents need to step in and do something or even get professional (mental) help. This sounds like it could definitely lead to violent acts; if animals have already been killed, what's to keep them from moving on to people next?

If they were just being emo kids and dressing weird (which is normal for Emos anyway..guys in girl pants, girls looking like guys with unisex haircuts), I'd say no harm no foul; but this doesn't sound like it's in any way "harmless", at least in the more extreme cases mentioned...

((But regarding my first post: I don't want these kids to be confused with Rennies...Rennies are people who just like to party at Faires and drink and wear Renaissance Festival garb with maybe a tail as part of the costume - Rennies are not Emo kids who kill animals and pretend to be anything, wolves included! ))
yeah this crap isn't normal, something should be done for sure.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

gay
Old 05-27-2010, 01:36 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was the bmx grunge Guy. Personally, I would rather a wolf than a thug or a redneck.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree. If it's not hurting anyone, then who cares? Kids usually look stupid or fall for crazy fads; it's just part of that point in their life. I tried the Goth/Punk thing for a long time and hung out with all the Skaters; but we didn't do drugs or hurt anyone/thing. I look back now and go, "Dude! (lol) I looked so stupid!" but at the time, it was just a way to try and fit in with a group of possibly likeminded people. That time in your life is so awkward; it's just a matter of trying to doggy paddle upstream and keep your head above water until you finally grow up and learn to be yourself and a confident adult.

But..to be clear: the kids who cut up animals and carry around skulls - mental help needed. The other kids who didn't do anything wrong - weird, but I can sympathize with their situations and think for the most part, they're alright.
one thing i would like to point out is the person with the dog skull
was considered one of the main leaders...
he can be setting the standard to the other werewolves....
Old 05-27-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jason2687
I think this goes beyond a "stage," this is really just a result of pure stupidity in the highest form. I totally understand that teenagers go through phases, but this is just rediculous.

I'm sorry but this is nowhere near normal, and the fact that people/parents actually consider this just a "stage" their going trough is the reason why our society is getting increasingly worse with every generation.

By the way, I am 23 with NO kids, and strongly feel that the lack of physical and mental discipline in today's society is why there are so many psycho's running around doing incredibly crazy/dumb ****....
couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

i wonder if the "alpha" male and "alpha" female are the only ones that can date in the group??
Old 05-27-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 96RamAirTA
i wonder if the "alpha" male and "alpha" female are the only ones that can date in the group??
maybe u should go and ask them lol
Old 05-28-2010, 01:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I thought the kids in high school who went through the "emo" stage were idiots
Old 05-28-2010, 02:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
one thing i would like to point out is the person with the dog skull
was considered one of the main leaders...
he can be setting the standard to the other werewolves....
you mean SHE.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Staging Lane

<nerd rant>

"Rennie" Geek Lesson:

The tails are worn with Garb (1) at Rennaissance Faires and are actually a Rennie (2) tradition. If you research "Rennie" culture and customs, you'll see that most Rennies have at least one tail that they pair with their Garb. If you're wearing them with normal clothes, though, then yes, you're crazy! lol.

1 - Garb: Period appropriate attire (or costumes) worn by avid Renaissance Festival playtrons (aka "Rennies") and participants (Ex: King Richard, The Bellydancers, Jousting Knights, etc) while in attendance at any given Faire.

2 - Rennie: A person who is not actually employed by the Renaissance Faire that they attend, and is in no way compensated or rewarded for dressing up in Garb while at a Faire. Rennies are people who are usually History buffs, Sci Fi Nerds, etc, and love to dress as Pirates, Gypsies, Historically-accurate Nobility, etc. Rennies usually camp at the Faires they attend (TRF is the best example), and have huge bonfires with active loud music, dancing, and an overabundance of alcohol (including "Loki" which is a Rennie drink- basically any flavor imaginable mixed with Everclear)

- I, for example, have a pirate outfit (corset, skirt, daggers, flintlock, boots and hat)and wear a fox tail on my belt in the back (moreso to keep my skirt from flying up in the wind!), along with my flask of Rum I have a few friends that like wearing more than one tail, but for me, more than one is tacky.

So yeah..

There's your geek lesson of the day

</nerd rant>
Dunno anything about that, just saying I saw a lady wearing 3 like she had 3 tails and I lol'd.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

The news clip mentioned the groups, "nerds", "jocks", "goths", etc.

Wouldn't this group be the super dorks that were not accepted by the "nerds" or "goths"?

They are hybrids.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by keving711556
Dunno anything about that, just saying I saw a lady wearing 3 like she had 3 tails and I lol'd.
Well now you know. And knowing is half the battle!

Originally Posted by -Ross-

Wouldn't this group be the super dorks that were not accepted by the "nerds" or "goths"?

They are hybrids.
Or maybe they're a product of cross breeding between two of the various weird species. Super Dork + Emo = Werewolf? lol

Last edited by MissTransAm; 05-28-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

fake and gay!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow! This is the first time I've ever felt fairly confindent I could beat the **** out of a living werewolf.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Wow! This is the first time I've ever felt fairly confindent I could beat the **** out of a living werewolf.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Parenting fail.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -ross-
wow! This is the first time i've ever felt fairly confindent i could beat the **** out of a living werewolf.
lol.....
Old 05-28-2010, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well now you know. And knowing is half the battle!

Or maybe they're a product of cross breeding between two of the various weird species. Super Dork + Emo = Werewolf? lol
i just wonder whats going to be the next thing..
werewolves.... how can you top that????
Old 05-28-2010, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

They are hybrids.
mother of god.....

thats so fucked up. she probably lured that poor dog with some pupperoni and stabbed it with one of those shitty chinese made ninja swords you get from carnies. people like that must have severe emotional problems, and are likely sociopaths. may as well lock her up now
Old 05-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
what about you run them over with your big cummins truck
and call it road kill
and call it a day?

OOPS!