Boston or Lakers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who says this is a 5 game series is EXTREMELY naive. Both of these teams are playing great basketball right now, and will definitely go to 6, or hopefully 7. I haven't seen a Finals Game 7 in a while!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
I'll put money on LA if anyone is interested...
you obv like to lose your money. id save it.....bostons 9 and 2 against la in the finals. la hasnt beaten boston for a ring since magic played back in 87. good luck.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Launching!

the refs sucked on both sides. so what they are never gonna be perfect. how did all y'all l.a. fans like ray allen last night? kobe and fisher couldnt do jack to stop him. oh, and how about rondos steal from kobe at the end. y'all cant beat boston. beat la beat beat la muahahahah i will be in boston for game 4 sitting in the balcony laughing when we stomp you. good luck though. NOOOOOOT
Old 06-07-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** it wont happen son I give boston maybe 2 game win wich would be 2 and 3 and I say lakers will take over the rest
Old 06-07-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and a 9 point win right? is not as impressive as a 20+ point lead from game one ...
Old 06-07-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jb7241986
the refs sucked on both sides. so what they are never gonna be perfect. how did all y'all l.a. fans like ray allen last night? kobe and fisher couldnt do jack to stop him. oh, and how about rondos steal from kobe at the end. y'all cant beat boston. beat la beat beat la muahahahah i will be in boston for game 4 sitting in the balcony laughing when we stomp you. good luck though. NOOOOOOT
There aren't many lakers fans in this thread, just some people saying they think LA will win. This series should go to 7 games due to the talent level between the two teams.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Junkie

you obv like to lose your money. id save it.....bostons 9 and 2 against la in the finals. la hasnt beaten boston for a ring since magic played back in 87. good luck.
Are championships based off the past? If so, I guess we shouldn't finish out the playoffs and just give it to Boston? Maybe we should stop playing regular seasons/playoffs all together and just give it to Boston everywhere yr??

Old 06-07-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Resident

..one of the worst arguments i've ever read on this board. And that's saying a lot. Do you always jump in the time machine to argue sports?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tripps
..one of the worst arguments i've ever read on this board. And that's saying a lot. Do you always jump in the time machine to argue sports?
currently my hot tub is broken so the time machine dont work. spilled some cherynobyl on the controls. damn drunk friends.......basically what im saying is most people on this thread think its going to be a cakewalk for los angeles, even if they win it will be very tough for them. statistically the numbers are not in their favor, and seeing as pierce and garnett both had shitty nights and they still won. boston has a deeper bench than l.a........its a fact. now just for ***** and giggles lets say garnett dropped 15 points and pierce had 25 again. they would have won by 50 points. they are so deep that they dont need big nights from paul or kevin every night to win. so l.a. yes has a good chance to beat them. but it wont come easy. its just a thread relax lol.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tripps
There aren't many lakers fans in this thread, just some people saying they think LA will win. This series should go to 7 games due to the talent level between the two teams.
tripps i totally agree with you man. these are the two best teams in the league.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Are championships based off the past? If so, I guess we shouldn't finish out the playoffs and just give it to Boston? Maybe we should stop playing regular seasons/playoffs all together and just give it to Boston everywhere yr??

nah i dont think we should just end it and give it to boston that wouldnt be right. all im saying is dont be so quick to say that la will win it all. kobe is great and yes not anyone in the league can stop him but it takes a whole team to win, not one man. im gonna just let y'all chat it up now and just watch the games. you cant make a thread like this without people getting all riled up. but when you come into a thread saying you will bet money l.a. will win you know some people are going to object you. no need to get all defensive. i think these two teams represent the best talent in the league right now and its great to see them meet in the finals for the chance to be the best of the best in 2010. but yes i am a diehard celtic fan have been since i was little. gotta stick with your hometeam bro.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by red281gt
and a 9 point win right? is not as impressive as a 20+ point lead from game one ...
game one was a 13 point win gt.....102 to 89. if you want to talk about impressive wins we can talk about a 39 point blowout in game six of 2008. that was an impressive win for boston. but that was the past and this is now. there probably wont be a blowout. the way i see it the level these two teams are playing it will be close as can be.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by red281gt
**** it wont happen son I give boston maybe 2 game win wich would be 2 and 3 and I say lakers will take over the rest
dont forget the celtics are home next 3 games. not sayin they will win all 3 just saying. you cant underestimate either team at this point.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Banned

My money is on the Rockets.....wait....wut?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Resident

If we are going by some past statistics, Phil Jackson is 47-0 coaching a series when his team wins game 1....
Old 06-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Launching!

:corn
Originally Posted by slowredz
If we are going by some past statistics, Phil Jackson is 47-0 coaching a series when his team wins game 1....
if you follow espn.com......phil jackson is 0-0 against the celtics when he has won game 1. but again im just saying. im gonna sit back and watch from now on. ive posted way too much on this thread.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Junkie

currently my hot tub is broken so the time machine dont work. spilled some cherynobyl on the controls. damn drunk friends.......basically what im saying is most people on this thread think its going to be a cakewalk for los angeles, even if they win it will be very tough for them. statistically the numbers are not in their favor, and seeing as pierce and garnett both had shitty nights and they still won. boston has a deeper bench than l.a........its a fact. now just for ***** and giggles lets say garnett dropped 15 points and pierce had 25 again. they would have won by 50 points. they are so deep that they dont need big nights from paul or kevin every night to win. so l.a. yes has a good chance to beat them. but it wont come easy. its just a thread relax lol.
WTF? They would have won by 50? You have a ridiculous way of thinking about things. If they would have scored more, it's fair to say other players would hve scored less. For instance if Garnett missed a shot in game 2, and rondo tipped in the miss. That's 2 points for Rondo. But if Garnett made the shot, then rondo never had those 2 points. Make sense??

Last edited by Donohue96M6Z28; 06-08-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

nah i dont think we should just end it and give it to boston that wouldnt be right. all im saying is dont be so quick to say that la will win it all. kobe is great and yes not anyone in the league can stop him but it takes a whole team to win, not one man. im gonna just let y'all chat it up now and just watch the games. you cant make a thread like this without people getting all riled up. but when you come into a thread saying you will bet money l.a. will win you know some people are going to object you. no need to get all defensive. i think these two teams represent the best talent in the league right now and its great to see them meet in the finals for the chance to be the best of the best in 2010. but yes i am a diehard celtic fan have been since i was little. gotta stick with your hometeam bro.
I don't care if someone has different opinions. But your argument was retarded and purely based on past yrs. LA has much more than Kobe... artest, Gasol, Bynum?? ****, even Fisher makes big shots. LA lost home court but Im confident they'll take it back.

Last edited by Donohue96M6Z28; 06-08-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Im putting 300 on vegas tonight for the lakers.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Launching!

I don't care if someone has different opinions. But your argument was retarded and purely based on past yrs. LA has much more than Kobe... artest, Gasol, Bynum?? ****, even Fisher makes big shots. LA lost home court but Im confident they'll take it back.
if my argument was retarded why would espn be talking about the same thing? artest is great on defense. no so much on offense. his turnovers in the fourth sunk l.a.'s ship. and his 1 or 2 for 10 from the field was horrible, worse than kg. i give credit when credit is due and yes gasol and bynum have showed up to play and have done excellent. im not taking anything away from that. fisher has yet to make a big shot in this series but has done so in earlier rounds so i dont doubt his ability too either. i think its funny how since all the texas teams lost everyone automatically goes for the lakers. its cool though everyone is entitled to their own opinion. just a game.