Got hit for click it, ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Location: Just because the voices aren't real, doesn't mean they're not right!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shackleford
If you're an adult, it's your call whether or not you wear a seat belt. It's not the government's job to force you to wear a seat belt. Should you wear one? Yes, of course. Should children under 18 be required by law to wear one? Yes, of course. But as an adult, no. My freedom and liberty certainly includes my choice to wear a seat belt or not.
Originally Posted by TDP
I couldn't agree more! I think this should apply to anything else that could ONLY harm yourself. If you don't wear a seatbelt and get hurt or killed because of that, then its your own damn fault. The state shouldn't be sticking their beak in.
At any rate, its just another source of income for the state.
I agree with both of you. The Nanny State government is getting out of hand.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by All-In
I agree with both of you. The Nanny State government is getting out of hand.
Agreed and dissapointed
Old 06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I don't see the point in not wearing one. This isn't 1987. Cars' seatbelts are adjustable and pretty much perfectly comfortable to wear these days.

Same goes for helmets. Very comfortable to wear these days and motorcyclists still have a choice. If you want to "ride free", you should be able to do it in a vehicle also

I am all for wearing seatbelts, but as long as adults have a choice to wear a helmet, I am going to have to side with having a choice for seatbelts...
Old 06-03-2010, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

as far as i know the ticket is not a moving violation so no points on insurance or liscense. It's just like a parking ticket. It's just revenue generator for the state/city.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by whitehooptie
Don't need to repeal it, need to enforce it more.
This!

If they ever give it as an option, then the folks who are injured in car accidents not wearing their belts should have to pay out the ace to afford the extra EMT's who get to deal with you and/or your carcus between the pavement and the hospital and then extra for the doctors and ER staff who help you upon arrival!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Some of you guys are missing the point. It shouldn't be a law for an adult to wear a seat belt. I've already explained this. Should you? Yes. Is it wise for all in the car to wear one? Yes. That's not the issue. The issue is it being another intrusive law controlling our personal activity.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
This!

If they ever give it as an option, then the folks who are injured in car accidents not wearing their belts should have to pay out the ace to afford the extra EMT's who get to deal with you and/or your carcus between the pavement and the hospital and then extra for the doctors and ER staff who help you upon arrival!
Yeah, great idea. Or how about we don't even treat them. They were stupid enough not to wear a seat belt and incurred injuries when they got into an accident. Don't try to micromanage a social safety net by imposing punitive fines on people who get into accidents whether by circumstance, happenstance, or pure idiocy.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Some of you guys are missing the point. It shouldn't be a law for an adult to wear a seat belt.
Who do you think pay the medical bills for people injured in car wrecks who weren't wearing their seatbelts? Insurance companies do. The more they shell out, the more my rates go up.

To all the people who don't wear seatbelts:

Save me some money. Wear your damn seatbelt.

Last edited by -Ross-; 06-03-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm really surprised at the amount of ignorant people in this thread.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Who do you think pay the medical bills for people injured in car wrecks who weren't wearing their seatbelts? Insurance companies do. The more they shell out, the more my rates go up.

To all the people who don't wear seatbelts:

Save me some money. Wear you damn seatbelt.
Still doesn't have to be a law. I suppose everything wise and prudent thing should be legislated and made a law all in the name of safety, public safety, to save a few bucks, etc.

What's one reason why car insurance mandated? Due to a similar line of thinking. People who got into car accidents who could not afford to pay to repair their car and consequently could not get to work would languish on unemployment thus costing the state money. Brilliant logic. Because, again, it's the state's job to subsidize the unemployed.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,208 Likes on 773 Posts

I was the second to last guy in Chicago who would protest wearing one but in the end, it's a good idea.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

I agree whole-heartedly with you Shackleford, you get "it". Whats next?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I agree whole-heartedly with you Shackleford, you get "it". Whats next?
The lesson to learn is that when you proceed down this line of thinking and rationalization, the bureaucrats will never stop with it, and it especially invites progressivism, social justice, etc. The recent health care bill disaster exemplifies this specious reasoning.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

The lesson to learn is that when you proceed down this line of thinking and rationalization, the bureaucrats will never stop with it, and it especially invites progressivism, social justice, etc. The recent health care bill disaster exemplifies this specious reasoning.
I agree with this statement completely, but seat belts still save lives.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My neighbor was killed when he popped out of his Expedition in an accident near the Air port in SA late 2003. He left a wife and child behind. Also Uncle Sam did not want to pay his SGLI because he was not wearing his seat belt. It just isn’t worth it driving without your seat belt.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro Junky
My neighbor was killed when he poped out of his expedation in an accident near the Air port in SA late 2003. He left a wife and child behind. Also Uncle Sam did not want to pay his SGLI because he was not wearing his seat belt. It just is not worth driving with out your seat belt.
They shouldnt have to pay his SGLI!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quick
They were going to do a LOD, but I don't know what happened. I am still split on it. He fucked up big time, but feel bad for his family.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quick
If you pass away while breaking the law (civilian and military) then they do not pay at all. That is WELL known to all military personel.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Launching!

If you're an adult, it's your call whether or not you wear a seat belt. It's not the government's job to force you to wear a seat belt. Should you wear one? Yes, of course. Should children under 18 be required by law to wear one? Yes, of course. But as an adult, no. My freedom and liberty certainly includes my choice to wear a seat belt or not.
I agree.

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
This!

Lets charge fat people and smokers more for medical care also, they have a lot of health issues. What about people that drink?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Still doesn't have to be a law. I suppose everything wise and prudent thing should be legislated and made a law all in the name of safety, public safety, to save a few bucks, etc.

What's one reason why car insurance mandated? Due to a similar line of thinking. People who got into car accidents who could not afford to pay to repair their car and consequently could not get to work would languish on unemployment thus costing the state money. Brilliant logic. Because, again, it's the state's job to subsidize the unemployed.
no, car insurance is required so as to protect the driver you hit, not your own vehicle. that is why there is an option for liability only coverage.

and this whole seatbelt thing is getting ridiculous. seat belts are not required because the man has it out for you. while i obviously didnt come up with these laws, and therefore dont know the rationale behind them, i can think of a few reasons why such a law would be a good idea. the most obvious is personal safety. another, like someone mentioned earlier, would be insurance. keeping you from flying through another cars windshield. keeping you from flying onto the road and blocking traffic. keeping costs down through the use of less emt and firemen. etc etc. the large fines are not meant to generate revenue, they are meant to deter you from not wearing the seatbelt!