Dallas raceway: A couple of track videos from tonight

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I heard that before I went.. this natural spring is it under the track and causing moisture up top? I told them and they said they looked no water.

I've been to HRP, River City Raceway and Ennis. Never had the car float like that at the end. Maybe that is why my ABS decided to wig out.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by InsomZ
Yeah I heard that before I went.. this natural spring is it under the track and causing moisture up top? I told them and they said they looked no water.

I've been to HRP, River City Raceway and Ennis. Never had the car float like that at the end. Maybe that is why my ABS decided to wig out.
They never went down the track to look. I watched all night and not once did they go to the end to look.

And yes it causing moisture up top a lot after it rains. What I don't understand is it only does this when it rains a day or two before. It hasn't rained in the area for over a week so I don't understand this.

As for your breaks has it done this since then? If not I would think it's from the water and be glad it did it's job lol hahah
Old 06-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Last I talked to them they said when track gets hot the gaps expand and let water up on track. When track cools gaps close and water stops. That is what they told me when I ran my 9 on nitrous. They said when sun goes down and temp gets cooler the concrete will close the gap and they were going to open the track from 1/8 to 1/4 at night since they shut it down to 1/8 during the day.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like my benchracing guess was pretty close. A little off on the MPH. Looks like fun!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cammedc6
add 1.5mph to your right lane traps and 3mph to your right lane traps since their mph timers are off. also tell your wife she needs to do better at the videos, like zooming in on the time and mph. hahahahaha.

buy a line lock!!!!! lol
Haha you ain't the best to give filming advice.

Originally Posted by Sergio14
on the second video when you did a solo run... did you tap ur brakes half way down the track?
I had to watch it twice to make sure my eyes weren't playing with me. You need to log your runs. That will tell you a lot about what's going on. Like if traction control is interfereing, pulling timing, hitting your breaks, etc etc. Looked like you had a pretty good start in the second video too.

Originally Posted by InsomZ

Man I'm really starting to think this is a vette only thing. I've never had this problem. And EVERYONE that I've heard complain about it has a vette. Although I will say I haven't heard anyone complain about it on nights that I go.

This confirms I won't go back on a Friday night. The announcer needs to be kicked in the ***** and I think traction sucks on Friday's. The time to go is on Saturdays when they are doing the outlaws. That's when I've always ran my best times.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice runs man....and deff get that line lock asap!!