Congrats University of Texas fans

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Oh longhorns... talking smack and never winning.
LOL @ "never winning"
Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 00MaroonZ28
This the same school that produced Vince Young?

What did he score on his first attempt on the Wonderlic Personnel Test?

Oh, a 6. Lowest score ever by a qb and one of the lowest ever at the NFL combine.
what does this have to do with anything besides 2 rose bowl wins? among a bowl win every year he was there?

or are you trying to argue the ranks of Texas' Academics?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by khaos288
you've got an automatic BCS bid until this conference falls apart...A+ PR-ing
I want to back up and talk about this in a civilized manner.

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the Big12-2 plan. I know it's more money, and UT (of which I an alum) gets all the glory, but there are plenty of things about this I just don't like.

1. No conference championship - Yes, having an extra game can be costly when you're in the hunt for a BCS Championship bid, but, WIN the game and your resume looks that much better. Plus, it might be 45 days from the last game of the season to the bowl game (a la the Big 10).
  2. One less non-conference game - Not like Texas (or OU) actually schedules a really tough non-conference game annually, but this is only going to make it worse. More games against Directional University Tech.
  3. Sports program success is cyclical - 14 years ago, I was in the stands, wearing my band uniform, watching UCLA beat UT at home 66-3. Now, UT is a perennial contender. But, what if Will Muschamp bolts? Or what if it turns out he's a great Defensive Coordinator, but a lousy head coach? Once UT starts to lose a few games, it could come unglued. Ad time on the UT Sports Network could go from Budweiser spots for $1Million/minute to Fleshlight ads.
    Don't think it could happen? Go back to 1993 and tell the Aggies that, within the next 20 years, they will be the fourth best college football program in the state of Texas, and almost completely irrelevant on the national stage.

As for Aggie fans who are crying about UT working the rest of the conference over, take a look in the mirror. If A&M had the ***** to go to the SEC, the Big 9 would suddenly be very unappealing, and UT would have gone to the PAC10. A&M had their chance to do their own thing, and I really wish they would have, not only because I would have preferred to see UT take the PAC10 route, but also because I think going up against stiffer competition in the SEC (and getting away from UT) would really make A&M's program better.

Nobody held a gun to Dollar Bill's head and forced the Aggies to stay. They could have undone this whole thing by going to the SEC, and I think both schools would have been better for it.

But, both schools have several million reasons to do what they did.

-Mike
Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
I want to back up and talk about this in a civilized manner.

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the Big12-2 plan. I know it's more money, and UT (of which I an alum) gets all the glory, but there are plenty of things about this I just don't like.

1. No conference championship - Yes, having an extra game can be costly when you're in the hunt for a BCS Championship bid, but, WIN the game and your resume looks that much better. Plus, it might be 45 days from the last game of the season to the bowl game (a la the Big 10).
  2. One less non-conference game - Not like Texas (or OU) actually schedules a really tough non-conference game annually, but this is only going to make it worse. More games against Directional University Tech.
  3. Sports program success is cyclical - 14 years ago, I was in the stands, wearing my band uniform, watching UCLA beat UT at home 66-3. Now, UT is a perennial contender. But, what if Will Muschamp bolts? Or what if it turns out he's a great Defensive Coordinator, but a lousy head coach? Once UT starts to lose a few games, it could come unglued. Ad time on the UT Sports Network could go from Budweiser spots for $1Million/minute to Fleshlight ads.
    Don't think it could happen? Go back to 1993 and tell the Aggies that, within the next 20 years, they will be the fourth best college football program in the state of Texas, and almost completely irrelevant on the national stage.

As for Aggie fans who are crying about UT working the rest of the conference over, take a look in the mirror. If A&M had the ***** to go to the SEC, the Big 9 would suddenly be very unappealing, and UT would have gone to the PAC10. A&M had their chance to do their own thing, and I really wish they would have, not only because I would have preferred to see UT take the PAC10 route, but also because I think going up against stiffer competition in the SEC (and getting away from UT) would really make A&M's program better.

Nobody held a gun to Dollar Bill's head and forced the Aggies to stay. They could have undone this whole thing by going to the SEC, and I think both schools would have been better for it.

But, both schools have several million reasons to do what they did.

-Mike

nicely said mike, i concur 100%
Old 06-15-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Oh longhorns... talking smack and never winning.
this is hysterical coming from a Sooner
Old 06-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Launching!

I totally agree us ags should have left for the SEC

the entire fan base would agree with you almost

on that note, that's not what happened, supposedly to hold true to traditional rivalries and what not (baylor, texas, tech) which I don't believe for a minute

we were promised a top tier share with ou and texas and now it's coming out that the tv contract will be terrible and no where near what was promised

thank goodness it's coming out that we have kept good graces with the SEC and when this current conference dies we should still be able to bolt east

the rest of the points on championship and bowl game...agree
Old 06-15-2010, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
what does this have to do with anything besides 2 rose bowl wins? among a bowl win every year he was there?

or are you trying to argue the ranks of Texas' Academics?
I guess it doesn't apply to the athletes there.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

I'm glad Texas didn't go to the big 10. That would have been a rediculous move for them. Personally, I think A&M, OU, Ok St., and Texas would be perfect for an SEC west along with Arkansas (old SWC opponent) LSU (who plays many texas teams anyways), Ole Miss, and Miss St..
Old 06-16-2010, 03:38 AM
11 Second Club

And one more shot at the Longhorns.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a Tennessee fan taking shots at Texas. this is hilarious. You know its gotten bad if the Vols fans are joking on you.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Banned

I guess it doesn't apply to the athletes there.
I think UTexas would rather Vince Young score a 6 instead of having a team full of thugs but that's just me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4647094
Old 06-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSXNV
a Tennessee fan taking shots at Texas. this is hilarious. You know its gotten bad if the Vols fans are joking on you.
The more successful you are, the more haters you'll have. Personally, I can live with that.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah..this conference is going to be GREAT. No conference champ game (see what that did to the 2006 Michigan team) and SOS takes a big hit because you have to play every team in the conference in a round robin format (like the PAC-10).

This is just a band-aid over a bullet wound, and soon the conference powers will bolt to other conferences.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by khaos288
I totally agree us ags should have left for the SEC

the entire fan base would agree with you almost

on that note, that's not what happened, supposedly to hold true to traditional rivalries and what not (baylor, texas, tech) which I don't believe for a minute

we were promised a top tier share with ou and texas and now it's coming out that the tv contract will be terrible and no where near what was promised

thank goodness it's coming out that we have kept good graces with the SEC and when this current conference dies we should still be able to bolt east

the rest of the points on championship and bowl game...agree
I guess A&M played it well though. They threatened to go to the SEC if the other five went pac 10. In turn everyone is back, and A&M (+OU) are both promised alot more money. Texas is happy b/c they finaly get their network, which could be a disaster. Personally a big 12 network would be much more effective. Big 10 does make alot more $$, but they also have their own network in which every game is televised (at least with Uverse).
Old 06-16-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And one more shot at the Longhorns.
If that would have been Tennessee fans, there would have been barnyard animals in the picture.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Banned

LOL I cannot believe my eyes to see Tennesse, Oklahomo and A&M fans all in one thread trying to talk smack on Texas. Was there a horrible accident on I10 where a shortbus rolled over and all the tards escaped?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
LOL I cannot believe my eyes to see Tennesse, Oklahomo and A&M fans all in one thread trying to talk smack on Texas. Was there a horrible accident on I10 where a shortbus rolled over and all the tards escaped?
on that note, i am going to bed.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Old 06-17-2010, 04:10 AM
11 Second Club

LOL!!!!!

I love Texas fans.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Banned

Thanks for new sig