Old 06-21-2010, 05:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texas94z
Three powerful letters:

C
H
L

The proven responsible people that carry a chl could have got that dude arrested and sent to jail/prison. There are rare occasion where chl holders **** up by killing a person. Few to none. In the media, more police officers are accused of "abusing the law" than CHL holders. I'm thankful for living in Texas where i know somebody has my back if I get into a scenario. When cops are not there, chl holders are the law and I trust those people. Good tax paying citizens that are are proud of their rights as Americans, but most importantly as a Texans.

I could not have put it in better words.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be hard to restrain one's self from just straight beating the **** out of the guy. But I can tell you that you would not be justified in doing so. I was talking to a guy at the gym one day who caught someone trying to steal his car, chased him down and beat his ***. Guess what, he got charged with assault. Saying things like "I woulda beat his ***" is bs, because if you had ever done it you would know cops dont like the *** kicker, and will arrest you. Especially in this situation where the other guy probably has all the witnesses. You can't use more force than what you need to defend yourself. You may be able to win the case after 7k in lawyer fees. Worth it? I think not. And it would not be suprising if the other guys jumped in to beat you up while security looked the other way.
Also pulling a handgun out without needing to is a good way to get brandishing charge or assault with a deadly weapon, which you can be charged with just for pointing it at someone. You want to fight that charge go ahead but youre looking at prison time and/or expensive legal fees. Over a bike lock, you've got to be kidding me. That's retarded, and not worth the trouble (at least to me).
This is not the wild west, you go around with a gun looking for a reason to use it, you're going to end up dead or in jail. Not many situations are worth that, especially not a bike lock. I thought about getting a chl but there are so many restrictions on where you can carry its almost not even worth doing. You can legally carry a gun in your vehicle without one. And even then if someone walks up and points a gun at your window are you going to go opening up your console to pull it out, good way to end up dead.
It's not a perfect system but thats the way it is. Things like that are supposed to be handled by the police. thieves are nothing new, look at the ten commandments, people have been taking what doesnt belong to them for a long time. He did about all he could do. He has proof on camera and showed it to the police. Now it's their job.