SIG P220, XDM 45, or USP 45??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
I plan on getting the M for the larger capacity, but have you shot both? I shot my XD40 back to back with shooting my buddies XDM40 and literally felt zero difference between the two. The M is supposed to have a slightly lighter trigger and a "match barrel" but we couldnt feel a difference in the triggers and they both shot just as tight of groups.

Just get some more time behind the gun and reel some of those flyers in!
no my xd is the only one ive shot. but that doesn't surprise me, there isn't much of a difference between the two on paper. but i do think the m's have a better protective coating than the standards. but i mean since the price difference isn't that much might as well get an m.

and yeah i plan on putting many many rounds through this pistol, my group WILL get tighter.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
no my xd is the only one ive shot. but that doesn't surprise me, there isn't much of a difference between the two on paper. but i do think the m's have a better protective coating than the standards. but i mean since the price difference isn't that much might as well get an m.

and yeah i plan on putting many many rounds through this pistol, my group WILL get tighter.
Yeah the older XD's didnt have the melonite finish, but the later XD's and XDM's have it. Luckily both my XD's are newer, you can tell by the notches in the rail, older ones have 1 notch and newer ones have 2. The old XD's are known rustbuckets lol.

And I will for sure be getting the M.

Check out XDTalk.com for any info you may be looking for.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

oh good ****. yeah i think eventually i want night sights and i'll need a good duty holster maybe one that can hold pistol with light attached. i know they're out there.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
oh good ****. yeah i think eventually i want night sights and i'll need a good duty holster maybe one that can hold pistol with light attached. i know they're out there.
Yeah night sights would be nice if you plan on carrying in low light conditions, I have a taclight that I throw on mine for nighttime situations. I would rather be able to fully identify my target than just put the glowing dots on a dark figure.

And I dunno if they have a holster already made for what your looking for, but I know alot of the holster shops will custom build whatever you want if you just contact them.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Launching!

I've had my XDm .45 for about about three weeks now. I really liked the way my buddies XDm .40 shot, so I figured the .45 has to be even better..... right? Just had to wait a few months for it to come out.

Being real new to gun ownership, I can't say which gun is better than the other. But ~600 rounds into it, I can't come up with a single complaint.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

hmmm...

http://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/ca...products_id=77
Old 06-25-2010, 05:33 AM
Banned

Yeah that laser setup is sick, i believe they offer it in a taclight/laser combo dont they?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:57 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Is it going to be a pay each session range or a membership type range?
They told me and Crager that they would have both. And they are going to allow fully autos and they would be offering a few perk to memebers I guess ot get more people involved with it etc... And I believe it was the were the old Circut City was etc...
Old 06-25-2010, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
Yeah that laser setup is sick, i believe they offer it in a taclight/laser combo dont they?
that link is for the laser/light combo. it's just a really small light.

but i've since figured out that the holster i want isn't compatible with any of viridians stuff. so i'll probly settle on a streamlight TLR-2.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=81

and the holster i want.

http://www.blade-tech.com/RH-WRS-DUT...K-pr-1052.html
Old 06-25-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
They told me and Crager that they would have both. And they are going to allow fully autos and they would be offering a few perk to memebers I guess ot get more people involved with it etc... And I believe it was the were the old Circut City was etc...
Yeah. It's where the old Circuit City was (was going to be). The signs are up. I'll definitely check it out when they open up. Do they have a date of when they will open the new doors?
Old 06-26-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

uhm not sure on a date but fairly soon. i would imagine with in the next month or 2.

Quick Reply: SIG P220, XDM 45, or USP 45??