When is Louisiana going to rename itself, "The feel sorry for us state"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010 | 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bad fellowship, bad post.

Louisiana is very integral to the US economy and you have generations of shrimpers and boaters just out there minding they're own business that are suddenly uprooted due to the sole actions of another corporation.

The very wealth of this nation is being ripped apart and we need to be banding together, not breaking off and tearing into one another. The OP does absolutely nothing but perpetrate the problem. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Just saying.
Old 06-27-2010 | 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez

Louisiana is very integral to the US economy and you have generations of shrimpers and boaters just out there minding they're own business that are suddenly uprooted due to the sole actions of another corporation.

The very wealth of this nation is being ripped apart and we need to be banding together, not breaking off and tearing into one another. The OP does absolutely nothing but perpetrate the problem. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Just saying.

This is not OT. He won't go anywhere.
Old 06-27-2010 | 09:23 PM
8 Second Club

A wild Louisiana has appeared!

I choose you Hurricane Bonesaw!

Old 06-27-2010 | 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

Is that why that state gad tried to seperate from the union? Or expects us to pay for everything while blaming us? I'm sure BP will pay them for what they are worth. The very wealth of this nation isn't at stake. Instead of fish. Eat meat. Oh wait. Another Texas product. Yes. Get a job and stop whining.
Old 06-27-2010 | 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

I see a bunch of phucksticks that want to crack on my home state. Ross, please dude you're so cool. You know there is alot of crap with anyones state, but categorizing everyone is bullshit. I ignored this dumbass thread earlier, but since everyone wants to jump on the band wagon. I will tell you on here or to your face what you do not want to hear. I work in the Gulf of Mexico for Apache Oil and Gas, there are good and bad people anywhere you go.
Old 06-27-2010 | 09:53 PM
Banned

LOL @ Fried Chicken song
Old 06-27-2010 | 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

Even though I happen to like Louisiana and have had lots of fun there, I had to post this pic, which I happen to find pretty funny.

Being from Texas, I am very pro Texan, however this is one of the few states where you can spend $1,000 a week on lottery and scratch off's, but can't find a $5 crap table. Kind of retarded if you ask me. At least in La., I can shoot some craps, play some 21, or play some Texas hold 'em..........(can't play Texas hold 'em in Texas, but you can it in Louisiana........go figure.)

Last edited by old_goat; 06-27-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-27-2010 | 10:11 PM
Banned

Old 06-27-2010 | 10:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
I see a bunch of phucksticks that want to crack on my home state. Ross, please dude you're so cool. You know there is alot of crap with anyones state, but categorizing everyone is bullshit. I ignored this dumbass thread earlier, but since everyone wants to jump on the band wagon. I will tell you on here or to your face what you do not want to hear. I work in the Gulf of Mexico for Apache Oil and Gas, there are good and bad people anywhere you go.
Relaaaaax guy!

Old 06-27-2010 | 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Unhappy

There are good and bad people anywhere you go.
That about sums it up. Wake up and smell the coffee. Louisiana did not ask for Katrina nor Did it ask for this spill, if the shoe was on the other foot and both events hit your state how would y'all feel? As for the people in LA that "work the system" and you know who I am talking about, if you do your homework and research you will find that fat cat politicians created these situations years back so they would have instant vote farms come election time, these farms came complete with government funded housing, sound familiar, not like ya ll many Mexicans in TX is it? YES, some of these *** clowns you see on TV are poor mouthing but those people do not represent the majority of the state. To me this entire "clean up effort" is a joke, the current administration hates the South including TEXAS and wants to cease and desist ALL drilling in the gulf, if ya ll want to be hating on someone, hate on the Obama administration, especially if he gets his way and the hundreds of thousands of Texas (and LA) workers are unemployed.

PS-Why cant fellow car lovers get along as neighbors?
Old 06-27-2010 | 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[/QUOTE]

WOW.
Old 06-27-2010 | 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok Im not going to bitch much, but I just relocated to Bossier City, for my job. I only have 1 comment and 1 question. First, as a consumer of goods like everyone else in the WORLD, why is it when I walk into a gas station or subway or even wal-mart I feel like everyone that works there doesnt give a rats *** about there job or the customer? If u dont like it, leave. And now for my MAJOR BITCH, why is it 1 out of every 1000 cars on the roads in Louisiana, the driver doesnt know how to use a ******* turn signal? I might just change my job, and become a peace officer over here and target all the no turn signaling *&^%%&*%^%s. My $0.02
Old 06-27-2010 | 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, it's getting deep up in here! Last week we discussed seals humping penguins and now this!!!

BTW, I'm from New Orleans/Chalmette.. Moved out here in 2000.
Old 06-27-2010 | 10:56 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
Wow, it's getting deep up in here! Last week we discussed seals humping penguins and now this!!!

BTW, I'm from New Orleans/Chalmette.. Moved out here in 2000.
The Texas Section is always a fun place to be!
Old 06-27-2010 | 10:57 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
You said it. I'm here 95% of the time.
Old 06-27-2010 | 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Look, I have nothing against Texas at all and I'm not political smart either but damn I really think yall should cut the BS out. Honestly, I like it here in Houston because of the better opportunity. But still yall shouldn't crack on MY state especially when we have been through some **** esp. Katrina, which I had to go through. Yea I was there 2 weeks AFTER the storm and saw a lot of **** and for you guys to post up degrading pics just really bothers me. That's why I really think some Texans are a racist or call this place The New Mexico, but do I give a ****??? NO!!! I'm just here to better myself. But hell this is the internet world, you can talk a lot of **** but I bet in the real world, that's a whole different story.
Old 06-27-2010 | 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
I can agree with that! You never know what new post is right around the corner.

Too bad you don't get credit for posting in this section.. 50 posts from me in 8 years.. How sad..
Old 06-27-2010 | 11:07 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slash8915
You said it. I'm here 95% of the time.
Is there other sections? I swear I NEVER leave the Texas Section. I guess mainly because I don't own a LS1 personally anymore. I let Lil Powell do the research for new stuff!
Old 06-27-2010 | 11:14 PM
TECH Pimp

It's a great place to live. A lot better than the jail most of them were in before. lol

Sorry had to.
Old 06-28-2010 | 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Did you vote for Obama?