Houston Tint shop recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DKM DWN
Executive on gessner near I-10? If so they do a good job. we have had them do several cars at our shop. They do great work on clear bras as well.
Yeah that's the excutive one....

just wondering why they are only 100 bucks vs the other ceramic is 350.... Anyone know of sun guard?

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
American Auto Tint does really good work. And his customer service is great.

21815 Katy Freeway, Suite C115
Katy, TX 77450
Call The Beav at 281-829-2022
I talked to the beav and he was really nice but he doesn't do ceramic and I really want it.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Staging Lane

Stupid question....

Differences/advantages to ceramic tint?

I'm sure is the answer, but at work.

I'm assuming my $125 quote was for non-ceramic now since it appears to be more expensive.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MATTKO91Z
Stupid question....

Differences/advantages to ceramic tint?

I'm sure is the answer, but at work.

I'm assuming my $125 quote was for non-ceramic now since it appears to be more expensive.
ceramic is "clearer" from what I have seen.

Also ceramic will not interfer with your key FOB, GPS, or any electronics. (even though I have not noticed the regular tint interfering with mine either, but I guess some have.

Your 125 is probably dyed or metalized. Unless you got the quote from Excutive where they told me they would do ceramic for 100. I'm going to check it out tonight after work to see....
Old 07-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Teching In

I used to work at tint shop, and the main difference between ceramic and a nr(non reflective - non metal) and metallic film is : ceramic film blocks out a considerably larger amount of heat. Not being specific but say a regular NR film that most shops use will block like 30-40ish % of the heat and >99% UV, where as ceramic is like 70-80% on the heat and also >99% UV. The color is not different in most as they can be ordered in the same darkness as any other product. If there are any other questions about tint im sure I can probably answer them, just to lazy to type more now lol..
Old 07-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Well if you were still out in kingwood I could do the inspection for you if you decided to go dark
Old 07-06-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

Can I get the name of the guy I pm for 125 tinit
Old 07-07-2010, 02:10 AM
11 Second Club

I know a dude on the south west side (sugarland) who does tint for $100-125ish.. PM me for details..
Old 07-07-2010, 06:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you ever go back out to the Humble/Kingwood area stop by Solar Shade. Talk to either Derick or Bill and tell them Reo sent you. They will hook you up

They are on 1960 in the Atascocita area.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tbennett13
Well if you were still out in kingwood I could do the inspection for you if you decided to go dark
I'll keep that in mind. I still travel to Kingwood occasionally. That was one of the reasons I was thinking about not going darker. Always having to pull fuses before inspection, ripping tint off if I forgot, etc...

Originally Posted by 98blackbirdta
Can I get the name of the guy I pm for 125 tinit
PM sent.

Originally Posted by ChaoSS
If you ever go back out to the Humble/Kingwood area stop by Solar Shade. Talk to either Derick or Bill and tell them Reo sent you. They will hook you up

They are on 1960 in the Atascocita area.
I've been to Solar Shade before and they've done pretty good work.
However, I'm not going to them because they backed my mom's Suburban into something and the bumper had to be replaced.

They paid for it and all but just don't want that kinda hassle.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:29 AM
11 Second Club

I went to the place advertising 75 dollar tint, yeah I won't be going there. Tint sucked and was cheap, and then to upgrade to the better tint it was more then the other places that have tint names I have heard of.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MATTKO91Z
I'll keep that in mind. I still travel to Kingwood occasionally. That was one of the reasons I was thinking about not going darker. Always having to pull fuses before inspection, ripping tint off if I forgot, etc...

PM sent.

I've been to Solar Shade before and they've done pretty good work.
However, I'm not going to them because they backed my mom's Suburban into something and the bumper had to be replaced.

They paid for it and all but just don't want that kinda hassle.
oh wow thats crazy. i went to high school with derick and we've been friends with his family for a long time. that sucks about your bumper but at least they fixed it up for you
Old 07-07-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 for Pablo Blue... doesnt matter where you are, his work is worth the drive
Old 07-07-2010, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by pheer
+1 for Pablo Blue... doesnt matter where you are, his work is worth the drive
yup he has great comments, but he doesn't do ceramic, and I wanna try it. Going to Formula 1 tomorrow or Sat.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Executive Tint on Hillcroft.
Kovind hooked me up.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Executive Tint on Hillcroft.
Kovind hooked me up.
was not impressed with executive, they don't use a tint that's known, I called 3 times and got 3 prices and then got a 4th when I went in. Their ceramic is 2 times more then the best out there, and it's a brand I have never heard of. Think I'll skip them.....
Old 07-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

I called Dan and he came to my house and did an awesome job. He's a cool guy to BS with too. He's also cheaper than the quotes I got from places at $125.

The only thing is I wasn't completely comfortable with him crawling around my new car since he kinda smelled like cigarettes but the smell is gone.

I decided to go 18% all around, which isn't completely legal but I think it looks Not too ridiculously dark but still looks clean. (Tbennett13, I'll be needing that friendly inspection come 12/11 if you're still around )

Here are some shitty *** before/after cell phone pics.

Before:
Houston Tint shop recommendations?-0708100702-00.jpg

After:
Houston Tint shop recommendations?-0709100704-00.jpg
Houston Tint shop recommendations?-20100709083225.jpg

Last edited by MATTKO91Z; 07-14-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks good man! Want to check out that car in person.

Also want to run you again now that you've had more time to get used to the car. Run again after pulley/tune. Those GT500s are nice. I could see one in my future...

William
Old 07-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaro-Sutra
Looks good man! Want to check out that car in person.

Also want to run you again now that you've had more time to get used to the car. Run again after pulley/tune. Those GT500s are nice. I could see one in my future...

William
Thanks William! Finally got something done to make the car look better. I want to lower it soon too.

We can run again sometime and I'm glad you like the car. I need to go ahead and drop the hammer on the pulley/tune.

I used to agree with you on the rear end being ugly but it's growing on me. If I were you, I'd look at the 2011's since they have more power, less weight, better suspension I think... glass top.

Going to Northside/Kingwood meet tonight?
Old 07-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not looking for a new car right now. Not parting with the 2010 SS and we just got a 2010 Ram Sport. Dont need another payment!!!

I may pick one up used down the road. Rearend is growing on my but still not my favorite. The GT500 looks better than others, I think the spoiler helps!

I do want another run pre-pulley with you if I can. Then we can do after to see the diff. Bet i'll be craving more mods when that race happens.

I may come out, need to wash the car and have a few plans today. I do want to get out and do car stuff.

Poor car hasn't been washed since last stop on power tour. Just been busy at the office or offshore.

Will try to make time tonight and show up. You going to be out there?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaro-Sutra
I'm not looking for a new car right now. Not parting with the 2010 SS and we just got a 2010 Ram Sport. Dont need another payment!!!

I may pick one up used down the road. Rearend is growing on my but still not my favorite. The GT500 looks better than others, I think the spoiler helps!

I do want another run pre-pulley with you if I can. Then we can do after to see the diff. Bet i'll be craving more mods when that race happens.

I may come out, need to wash the car and have a few plans today. I do want to get out and do car stuff.

Poor car hasn't been washed since last stop on power tour. Just been busy at the office or offshore.

Will try to make time tonight and show up. You going to be out there?

Ya, know whatcha mean bro. I could do a pre-pulley run. It'll be a great way to see results.

I gave my baby a nice wash yesterday and she still looks good.I know how it is being busy. I also miss going offshore.

I was thinking about going to the Kingwood meet but don't know if I'll make it anymore. Might have to go out and do some lol I can PM ya my info or we can meet at a car show for runs.

Quick Reply: Houston Tint shop recommendations?