Do any shops around Houston build LT5's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMR will get you taken care of...Give Matt or Steven a call at the shop if you have any questions! 713-466-9900
Old 07-05-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is one of the sexiest sounding engines in the world. That all motor (I'm assuming) 9.00 is ridiculous.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Launching!

That white Zr1 in the first vid gave me a chubby when it launched... Looked beautiful!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97ssmokem
If you are doing anything with an LT5 you should really look into Henderson Performance. You already know of him so I won't go into his credintials concerning LT5s. With any LT5 you are going to be paying a lot more than a standard small block rebuild. So good luck with your dicision.
"Previously in Stage I: "Project Hole in the water". Timeline 26 months to completion for this stage. :
Stage III LT5 SGC cams and lifters (Later version with correct hardness). TT retainers, larger valves. Original mechanic bent a bunch of the stock valves by timing the stock cams wrong. Happened with previous owner and not Corey. Added new chains, later model sprockets, new tensioners, ported the heads for mild 415 pre cams being added the project, 415 conversion, oliver rods, je pistons, new liners, ring packs, Sonny Bryant 4.125 crank, studded everything to an inch of its life except the heads, new oil pump parts from 93-95my installed in original pump, fresh gm bearings, gaskets, larger rc injectors, loads of porting to make it breath or so we thought. It wasn't enough. Correct some mistakes in the original porting of the heads, injector housings, by original shop that original owner had contracted. Stainless steel fastener kit added to heads and intake.

New engine harness as previous owner had "massaged" it for some unknown reason. Already siamesed the upper plenum partially and the injector housings as well and we have knife edged the lower portion of the housings. Throttle body has already been ported out fully as well as the front side of the plenum. Modified air intake, Ron Davis radiator, new transmission from Tom Henry, original 90 style tranny tucked away to be overhauled if needed and cryoed if need be. 4.10 viper gears added previously when the car was a 368. Worthless in 4 out of 6 gears with the 415 BTW. Needs to go back to 3.45s or 3.73s. Haven't decided. No I don't want to trade right now. Already have another rear end folks. ;>

Fresh fuel pumps while at Corey's the last time. No secondaries for a long time and frankly I don't miss them one bit with the extra cubes. Coil overs and 4 point roll bar added by previous owner. Redid the shock valving again and added slightly softer springs to the coil overs, slightly larger front bar, global west bushing in entire front end, heim joints across the entire rear. Rebuilt all the drive shaft and half shafts with HD ujoints.

Now Phase II: "Now known as the 401K Killer"
New goal make more than 630rwhp while still naturally aspirated.

* Retiming the cams again. Pain the butt in the car.
* Porting the intake side of the heads a bit more. We want more air for the motor.
* D-porting the injector housings some more (more welding).
* Dropping the plenum floor and then opening up the upper plenum where it meets the center section and raising the runner height in the runners a bit more by sectioning the plenum apart.(more welding)
* Adding merge collectors to the headers, already 2inch stepped primaries.
* Replace the rear hb assembles. Preventative measure.
* Powder coat the whole mess again of course.
* New clutch, and freshen up the single mass flywheel.
* new 5 page SD tune.
* Bought another corvette to drive while we wait again for this thing to be done again.
* And then have him adjust the emergency brake since its about the only damn thing on the car that is stock still.

After getting it back from Corey"

"Heard from Corey today that the heads picked up another 34cfm with the new valves and the port work is not completely done yet. That puts it at over 365cfm at .450 lift and they are still working on the final port and polish of the heads and bowls."
Old 07-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Launching!

That's going to be a sick car. Definately need to post some videos when finished.

Quick Reply: Do any shops around Houston build LT5's?