UFC tonight.. Who's got Who?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010 | 07:55 AM
Launching!

I don't know what fight you guys were watching. The first round was probably the worst one sided *** kicking of the night. Brock ran over to the corner and fell down and curled up in a ball because his stand up sucks, tried to resort to wrestling didnt work and kept getting hit. Did he even hit Carwin once in the entire first round? The first round made Brock look like he didnt even belong in there. I guess Carwin got tired from beating Lesnar like a red headed step child in the whole first round. Also Carwin beat Mir with ease, alot easier than brock did.
Old 07-04-2010 | 08:43 AM
TECH Pimp

Brock got lucky he survived. In the end he won, but only because carwin gassed from beating the **** out of him in the first round. Brock won in his normal fashion too, by laying on his opponent. All in all I was very impressed with carwins stand up, and very dissapointed in his conditioning. Then again you have the guy pretty much knocked out on the ground for 3 mins, so what else can you do besides keep hitting him and hope the ref stops it?

I will give it to brock though, he was a lot better behind the mic this time around. Maybe mr white made it clear that this isn't the wwe.
Old 07-04-2010 | 09:12 AM
Launching!

More like he got humbled a little bit. I'll give him that he's athletic, but he runs his mouth too much for someone that is new to the sport and and isnt particularly good at anything besides being a big silverback gorilla and overpowering people, so he can put 300lbs on them and then start slamming those baseball mitts into them. His attempts at take downs in the first round were all stuffed by an equal in strength and skill opponent. But Carwin actually has good stand up. Pisses me off because the first round was exactly what I expected to happen and then the second round was like he just gave up. I guess never going past 2 minutes in the first round he figured his conditioning was good enough.

This is like the Fedor loss, He hits Werdum and knocks him on his *** almost k.o. jumps on him to finish him and gets caught in choke and it's over.

Or like st. pierre and and serra, st. pierre shouldve never lost that fight, slipped on a ******* banana peel, bullshit. They could fight 20 times and serra would never win. The 2nd fight was the one sided *** whipping that the 1st shouldve been.

If they fight again Carwin will win, just needs some work on conditioning. What happened to Lesnar fighting southpaw?I just laughed out loud when he said that, he needs to work on his stand up in his standard stance before he tries to switch it up like he's anderson silva or something.
Old 07-04-2010 | 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by _Zac
Brock got lucky he survived. In the end he won, but only because carwin gassed from beating the **** out of him in the first round. Brock won in his normal fashion too, by laying on his opponent. All in all I was very impressed with carwins stand up, and very dissapointed in his conditioning. Then again you have the guy pretty much knocked out on the ground for 3 mins, so what else can you do besides keep hitting him and hope the ref stops it?

I will give it to brock though, he was a lot better behind the mic this time around. Maybe mr white made it clear that this isn't the wwe.
i don't think brock got lucky...or that carwin's conditioning was sub-par. i think it's that brock lesnar is a really ******* hard person to knock out. especially when it's on the ground. i mean would anybody here like to have a go at knocking this dude out...

i do agree that lesnar showed his *** in round 1 BUT did he not make it back to his corner? did he not come back to win it on the ground? the dude deserves the title. anybody that can take an asswhooping from shane carwin like that and then come back to submit him deserves a belt...like him or not.
Old 07-04-2010 | 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Carwin gave a serious *** whooping, and Brock took it. Completely dominated the first round no doubt. He came back out and knew what he had to do to win the fight and he did it.
Here goes the old, "he just laid on him till he won" bull ****. Carwin is just as big as he is and just as strong as he is, Carwin did what Lesnar usually does to people (and finishes in 15-25 seconds) the ENTIRE first round and couldn't finish Lesnar. Lesnar came back out and did what he had to for the W.
Like I said, the man.
Old 07-04-2010 | 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

I hate Brock Lesnar, but mad props to him for taking a big *** whooping and coming back with an actual strategy in the second round. I was out of my chair screaming like a mad man when shane was whooping his ***, but when I heard the bell ring I said "awwww ****" in my head because I knew Lesnar was pissed lol.

Also on a side note he has become very humble, and although he's still a dick in my book atleast he got a good wake up call.
Old 07-04-2010 | 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Since when is being able to take a punch a bad thing?
Old 07-04-2010 | 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nwmembr19
big silverback gorilla and overpowering people, so he can put 300lbs on them and then start slamming those baseball mitts into them.
And what did Carwin do this fight? Carwin just couldn't finish, like Brock does. Brock stayed covered the entire time and even threw a few punches in the mix to show he still wanted to fight. He was smart in the second round by taking it to the ground, Carwins stand up is definitely better.. But people are criticizing Lesnars stand up like he is the worst in the planet. Of course he has flaws in his skill, who doesn't? He has weak points but he showed that he can defend himself just as good as he can attack.

Being conditioned is part of being a good fighter. Lesnar is the better fighter, like it or not.
Old 07-04-2010 | 11:59 AM
Launching!

I dont buy that. He was running from carwin, he dropped on the ground like tim sylvia did against fedor. when he tried to take down carwin he got stuffed or it just got reversed. There were a couple of times when he was definately hurt, but that big trash can head can take a beating. In the 2nd round it was like carwin didnt even try Brock had a sloppy takedown that carwin didnt defend then he jumps over his side and gets him in a choke. Dont you think it's funny he didnt try to do any ground and pound to carwin, I dont think he hit him once the entire fight. What it looks like to me is that getting beat up required alot less energy than giving the beating.
Sorry but Brock was running from the beating he was getting, and his takedown attempts were completely neutralized. There's no other explanation for him letting brock get that sloppy takedown and then just lay there and let him get in that position, than he was just tired. He proved in the first round that he is better than Brock and shouldve won that fight. If they fight again Shane will win. Even though Lesnar won you could tell even he knew he got a beating that night, and still has a lot to learn.
Old 07-04-2010 | 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

if it was a boxing match lesnar would have lost....

but its MMA.
Old 07-04-2010 | 12:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
And what did Carwin do this fight? Carwin just couldn't finish, like Brock does. Brock stayed covered the entire time and even threw a few punches in the mix to show he still wanted to fight. He was smart in the second round by taking it to the ground, Carwins stand up is definitely better.. But people are criticizing Lesnars stand up like he is the worst in the planet. Of course he has flaws in his skill, who doesn't? He has weak points but he showed that he can defend himself just as good as he can attack.

Being conditioned is part of being a good fighter. Lesnar is the better fighter, like it or not.
Carwin didnt have to take Brock down. Brock dropped to the ground and got in the fetal position. That must be some new strategy I've never heard of. playing possum or something. Uh no he was getting beat up bad, and his stand up isnt good. He didnt land one punch. he got completely dominated. He hits hard and that is the extent of his stand up. Even Randy was outstriking him until he took that one lucky punch. And being 15 years younger and 60 lbs heavier he could barely take Randy down. I just fail to see how he is so skilled. I really wish he would fight Fedor then he would really be humble. Carwin lost that's true but I dont think that will happen again.

Last edited by Nwmembr19; 07-04-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2010 | 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

dnt even try Brock had a sloppy takedown that carwin didnt defend then he jumps over his side and gets him in a choke. Dont you think it's funny he didnt try to do any ground and pound to carwin, I
You don't think he could have ground and pound Carwin if he wanted to? Why would he? Simply choking him out was just too easy. Why would he put himself in a spot to possibly be rocked? He was being a smart fighter and took it to where he fights best and finished it as quick as possible.
Sorry but Brock was running from the beating he was getting,
What did you expect him to do? Greet the fists that were flying towards his face with a smile? Not only did Lesnar show that he could take an *** beating and not give up, Carwin showed that his ground and pound is not what it should be. Lesnar took what he usually gives to people. I promise you if it was the other way around, Lesnar would have ended the fight within 1 minute tops.
and his takedown attempts were completely neutralized. There's no other explanation for him letting brock get that sloppy takedown and then just lay there and let him get in that position, than he was just tired. He proved in the first round that he is better than Brock and shouldve won that fight. If they fight again Shane will win. Even though Lesnar won you could tell even he knew he got a beating that night, and still has a lot to learn.
He proved in the first round he was not ready for the fight and could not finish it when gave the opportunity. As it stands now, Lesnar is the beter fighter and without a doubt should have won that fight. How can you say different?
You don't think Carwin has just as much if not more to learn? In over 2 minutes he couldn't finish Brock.. Then comes out, falls down, gets submitted like it was nothing.

It is a joke how you are talking Lesnar down.
Old 07-04-2010 | 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Carwin could win a rematch. I thought Brock would just over power him. It was a much better match up then I thought it would be. I don't think anyone was expecting a submission.
Old 07-04-2010 | 12:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by _Zac

All of this.

Punching bags don't get tired from beatings, human beings do. I was furious the fight was not called, but I guess the Team America wave that Brock was showcasing to fend off the barrage of punches by Carwin counts as "defending yourself"

Old 07-04-2010 | 12:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
You don't think he could have ground and pound Carwin if he wanted to? Why would he? Simply choking him out was just too easy. Why would he put himself in a spot to possibly be rocked? He was being a smart fighter and took it to where he fights best and finished it as quick as possible.

What did you expect him to do? Greet the fists that were flying towards his face with a smile? Not only did Lesnar show that he could take an *** beating and not give up, Carwin showed that his ground and pound is not what it should be. Lesnar took what he usually gives to people. I promise you if it was the other way around, Lesnar would have ended the fight within 1 minute tops.

He proved in the first round he was not ready for the fight and could not finish it when gave the opportunity. As it stands now, Lesnar is the beter fighter and without a doubt should have won that fight. How can you say different?
You don't think Carwin has just as much if not more to learn? In over 2 minutes he couldn't finish Brock.. Then comes out, falls down, gets submitted like it was nothing.

It is a joke how you are talking Lesnar down.

You have lost your damned mind if you think Lesnar is the better fighter :rofl:
Old 07-04-2010 | 12:35 PM
Launching!

If it was the other way around? You ever heard if my aunt had ***** she'd be my uncle. That situation wont happen because obviously Shane Carwin is the hands down better striker. No contest. Not even close. He was getting beat up bad. Carwin didnt finish him, That fight couldve been called tko due to strikes a couple times. In that first round. Fights have been called for less of a beating. Also Carwin KO'd Mir, easily. Brock layed on him and got tko due to strikes.

No I expect him to actually be half *** decent at striking. Since he is the heavyweight champ. He shouldnt suck that bad. Especially not for the way he talks. Running like a coward and falling to the ground in a ball says you win I surrender.
Old 07-04-2010 | 12:47 PM
Teching In

If it was the other way around? You ever heard if my aunt had ***** she'd be my uncle. That situation wont happen because obviously Shane Carwin is the hands down better striker. No contest. Not even close. He was getting beat up bad. Carwin didnt finish him, That fight couldve been called tko due to strikes a couple times. In that first round. Fights have been called for less of a beating. Also Carwin KO'd Mir, easily. Brock layed on him and got tko due to strikes.

No I expect him to actually be half *** decent at striking. Since he is the heavyweight champ. He shouldnt suck that bad. Especially not for the way he talks. Running like a coward and falling to the ground in a ball says you win I surrender.
This is what pissed me off the most. There are countless fights I have seen where that **** would have been called.
Old 07-04-2010 | 12:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OHH RLY?
You have lost your damned mind if you think Lesnar is the better fighter :rofl:
Finally someone with some sense. lemons needs to get off lesnars nuts. He has only been winning because Dana white gave him an easy path to the belt. This was his first even match up and he was not impressive at all. His first fight was way uneven against a 2-6 fighter. Then he loses to Frank mir. Then he fights Heith herring and wins by decision from riding his back and just controlling him. Then He gets a title shot? against a guy 60lbs lighter and 15 years older. He wasnt impressive in that fight. Then he fights Frank Mir again and is getting his *** kicked at striking until he manages to get him on the ground and ride his back punching him.

Shane Carwins record speaks for itself. He lost but just as St. Pierre lost to Matt Serra, St. Pierre was still the better fighter and proved it in the 2nd fight.
Old 07-04-2010 | 01:05 PM
Launching!

It's like Dana white trying to convince people Fedor sucks and Brock is better. When he beat the **** out of a bunch of UFC heavyweight champs and top contenders. Beat Tim Sylvia in like 30 seconds. Beat Nog 3 times. KO'd arlovski. Had Heith Herring trying to crawl through the ropes to get away. Submitted Coleman.
Old 07-04-2010 | 01:13 PM
TECH Pimp

<--Instant replay..

Quick Reply: UFC tonight.. Who's got Who?